Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What is with Brooke's obsession with Lope?

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Theresa_Fan
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jul 2007

What is with Brooke's obsession with Lope?

What is her sick obsession with her daughter being with Liam? It's really weird to me. It's like she wants Lope to be Bridge 2.0, which is laughable.
  • lovely rita
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jun 2014

What BB wants us to forget is that Liam was married several times to Steffy and Brooke still has an obsession with Steffy wanting Liam
    back, even though Steffy is with Finn now and having his baby. They did think Liam was going to be the father.

Brooke is very possessive of Hope and she feels the same way about Liam only being with Hope. She wants to ensure that Liam never
    wants Steffy ever again.

Comment

• Theresa_Fan
      Theresa_Fan commented
      Editing a comment
      Of course it does. She hates Steffy like she hates Taylor.

• lovely rita
      lovely rita commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope thinks Liam is upset because of "that night" with Steffy. She thinks he is obsessed with his guilt. Of course,
      Brooke is upset that Steffy & Liam gave into their passion for each other and hurt Hope. She wants Hope happy now and for Liam to recommit himself to Hope tonight. And yes, Brooke she can't stand that Liam still loves Steffy
      (Hope told her he admitted that when she asked him if he told Steffy that he loved her "that night".

• B-Hold
      B-Hold commented
      Editing a comment
      Theresa_Fan - Agree. IMO Brooke has became a bitter old shrew over her hatred.
  • Theresa_Fan
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by lovely rita View Post
    What BB wants us to forget is that Liam was married several times to Steffy and Brooke still has an obsession with Steffy wanting Liam
    back, even though Steffy is with Finn now and having his baby. They did think Liam was going to be the father.

Brooke is very possessive of Hope and she feels the same way about Liam only being with Hope. She wants to ensure that Liam never
    wants Steffy ever again.
    Liam married Steffy 3 times. They don't want us to remember this but I do remember it. Brooke wants Liam/Hope to be the new Brooke/Ridge and she cares about her daughter's marriage to a cheater as much as she obsesses over Ridge. She obsesses over a lot of things, but nothing more important than making sure Taylor and her kids lose.

Comment

• 0riginalD0nDada
      Board Regular
      • Dec 2013

It’s a combination of sick, weird, sad, and pathetic.

Comment

• viennagirl
        I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
        • Aug 2011

Reesiecup commented
        I really don't think Brooke's concern about Hope has anything whatsoever to do with Steffy.
        I don't get it either.
        If Brooke would be obsessed with making Steffy lose, then Brooke would have to encourage Hope to go after Finn. Finn is Steffy's fiance. Finn is the father of Steffy's unborn baby and the guy Steffy had been living with (before she went on her trip).

Liam is still Hope's husband and so I don't get what Steffy has to do with Hope having sex with her husband? ??

Comment

• Camille78
          Contract Poster
          • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Theresa_Fan View Post

Liam married Steffy 3 times. They don't want us to remember this but I do remember it. Brooke wants Liam/Hope to be the new Brooke/Ridge and she cares about her daughter's marriage to a cheater as much as she obsesses over Ridge. She obsesses over a lot of things, but nothing more important than making sure Taylor and her kids lose.
          How is Brooke trying to make Steffy lose anything.

How is Steffy losing anything when she doesn't even want to be married to Liam? The past is the past.

Steffy wants to be married to Finn and have a family with him. Brooke doesn't seem to mind that at all.

So how is Brooke obsessing over making Steffy lose Finn?

Comment

• crosey64
            Day Player
            • Jul 2019

Oh Brooke is EASY to figure out. She knows Liam still loves Steffy and she k ows Hope only has Liam because Steffy walked away. It is still all about beating Taylor's daughter and Hope puttingvher Liam trophy on the fireplace. Brooke doesn't care that Steffy is with Finn because she knows that Hope is starting to show signs of infatuation with Thomas and that scares Brooke all to hell by abuse that means Hope wouldn't have her trophy Liam over Steffy and Taylors other child Thomas would be taking the trophy place. It's all about winning with Brooke. Over Taylor's kids.

Comment

• Reason
              Reason commented
              Editing a comment
              This, I'm not seeing. Brooke has moved pass Steffy. The show has moved pass Brooke vs Steffy. Steffy is definately not on Liam's mind. Thomas is definately not on Hope's mind.

Taylor is long gone. I don't believe Brooke even acknowledges her existence until she comes to town and starts with the whole "you stole my husband" crap.

• crosey64
              crosey64 commented
              Editing a comment
              Brooke sure has not moved past either Steffy or Thomas, Taylor's kids. The only reason we aren't seeing Brooke's nasty remarks to Steffy and about Steffy is because Steffy is out of town right now. Money down that as soon as Steffy is back, Brooke will be back to squinting, scowling and demanding Steffy leave Liam and Hope alone to work things out.
              I also disagree about Thomas and Hope. Thomas most certainly is on Hope's Monday, we have seen it but Brooke knows Thomas is in the wings and Hope is softening up to him. Brooke remains terrifies that Hope may end up with Taylor's son so of course she is delighted that LOPE had sex; Brooke sees sex as a weapon, as glue and as proof she is still the sexiest thing around. She has never seen it as a show of love between 2 people.

• JTDMom
              JTDMom commented
              Editing a comment
              Brooke will never move past Steffy. In my opinion, she considers Steffy a sexual rival. Brooke hasn’t gotten over Bill pursuing Steffy, despite the fact he was harassing Steffy at that time. As Brooke said, “How could you do this to meeeee?” tells the entire story. Brooke extends that feeling to include Hope. She views Steffy as Hope’s sexual rival as well... which actually is true. Jmo.
          • SharikaC
            Day Player
            • Oct 2015

It's this need with being first. Hope may have dated Liam first. But she didn't have sex with him first. I believe that was Amber. She didn't marry him first or gave birth to his first child. Both were Steffy. Brooke and Hope like to pretend that Liam/Steffy never had a relationship, but the viewers know otherwise. We don't live in denial city. Clearly Brooke does.

Comment

• BrAk5742
              BrAk5742 commented
              Editing a comment
              It's crazy how they try to act as though Kelly was an affair baby that Steffy tried to use to break up Lope's happy home.

• crosey64
              crosey64 commented
              Editing a comment
              See, that's the worst part. Both Hope and Brooke see Kelly as a one night stand mistake Liam made while he was pining away for poor Hope. They firmly believe that. And that's how Brad Bell is writing it as well, flushing years of happy memories and years of a good marriage down the toilet so his pets can be happy.

• SharikaC
              SharikaC commented
              Editing a comment
              Unless Bell had the episodes removed, you can go to the Paramount+ app anytime and watch old episodes. No amount of rewriting on his part is going to erase or change the fact that Steffy/Liam married each other three times and Kelly is the result of their union. Kelly is NOT the affair baby. Beth is, conceived as a result of an affair. Just like her mommy Hope was.. Bell may have selected amnesia, but I don't.
          • Theresa_Fan
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Camille78 View Post

How is Brooke trying to make Steffy lose anything.

How is Steffy losing anything when she doesn't even want to be married to Liam? The past is the past.

Steffy wants to be married to Finn and have a family with him. Brooke doesn't seem to mind that at all.

So how is Brooke obsessing over making Steffy lose Finn?
            Brooke told her daughter to take back her cheater and Brooke went to Steffy to harass her while not harassing Liam. If Steam got back together, Brooke's true colors would come out and she prob. would do anything to undermine them. She even went to Bill to make a deal with him to keep their kids together. She's obsessed with making sure Lope stay together and Steam stays apart.

Comment

• Camille78
              Camille78 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, she did want Liam and Hope to stay together, but right now, Steffy has no interest in Liam.

• crosey64
              crosey64 commented
              Editing a comment
              Right now Steffy doesn't want Liam. But Brooke and Hope both know that every single time Liam gets ticked off at Hope, he runs to Steffy and she can barely resist him because they do love each other. Finn may be an OK guy but he is rebound and will never have Steffy's true heart.
          • nykarenb
            • Nov 2009

I find it creepy how much attention she pays to Lope’s sex life. I found it creepy that she knew they haven’t had sex since he moved back in. And triple cringe how delighted she was that Liam was setting the stage for sex. Just yuck. No mother should be that involved in their grown child’s personal life.

Comment

• JTDMom
              JTDMom commented
              Editing a comment
              nykarenb, I was writing the same thing at the same moment you were! Haha! I totally agree with you, it’s more than weird!

• WoodsyLadyM
              WoodsyLadyM commented
              Editing a comment
              I also find it creepy as heck. No mother should be that involved in her daughter's personal life.

• B-Hold
              B-Hold commented
              Editing a comment
              The whole sex basket scene followed by the muffin basket scene was so disturbing.
          • JTDMom
            Board Regular
            • May 2012

I’m glad this thread was started OP. Today Brooke sounded a little too interested in Hope and Liam’s sex life. It gave me the creeps.

Comment

• crosey64
              crosey64 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nothing and I mean nothing can ever be as sick and disgusting as Brooke dressing up a teenage virgin like a street walker, demanding she bed a married man, then come over first thing in the morning to make sure the deed was done. THEN taking her to a sexual shrink to counsel her because she didn't like it. That's all to beat Steffy.

• JTDMom
              JTDMom commented
              Editing a comment
              crosey64, absolutely agree!

• B-Hold
              B-Hold commented
              Editing a comment
              crosey64 Let's be real most girls/women's first time is awkward, uncomfortable. For some even painful. It's not sky rockets in flight. For Brooke to flip out over Hope not panting for more is sick, cruel, bizarre. No wonder Hope is sex avert (with the exemption of Wyatt).
          • Emerald Greens
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Feb 2006

I guess it’s supposed to be like Stephanie wanting Ridge with Caroline or Taylor but it doesn’t work .

Stephanie fought her own battles frequently opposed by others. Stephanie was under appreciated until someone needed her. Brooke is glorified for no reason. Brooke needs to be taken down a peg or two and have constant opposition. The way it is now is quite dull.

Comment

• Dylans_Girl
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Sep 2004

Brooke acts like she only has one kid. She has forgotten about Rick, Bridget and R.J.

Comment

• crosey64
                crosey64 commented
                Editing a comment
                That's because she doesn't need any of them anymore. She needs Hope because that twit doesn't have enough sense or sensuality to keep Liam happy and at home so he doesn't end up with Steffy where he wanted to be.

• Camille78
                Camille78 commented
                Editing a comment
                They seem to have forgotten her, too.

• crosey64
                crosey64 commented
                Editing a comment
                Can anyone blame them for it? She dumped RJ in boarding school after she got Ridge's ring on her finger, he has seen his parents break up tons of times and watched his mom go from bed to bed. Bridget needs no explanation, we can all see why she doesn't want to be around her mom..HOPE. And Nicole, of course....and Rick? Rick knows Ridge has never really been in love with his mom, he hates Ridge so why would he hang around and watch his mother he mistreated in his eyes?
            • Appaloosagrl
              Senior Board Member
              • Feb 2007

Brooke is pathologically obsessed with Lope! It's like she has a terminal disease.

This type of drivel is why I don't watch B&B when Lope and Brooke are on -- which is 90% of the time...

Comment

• viennagirl
                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Theresa_Fan View Post
                Brooke told her daughter to take back her cheater and Brooke went to Steffy to harass her while not harassing Liam.
                I see Brooke being Brooke, but I don't really see how that is motivated in any way by Steffy.

Brooke several times has encouraged her children to forgive the cheating spouse and there had been no Taylor or Steffy anywhere.

- Brooke encouraged Bridget to keep fighting for her marriage even when Bridget's husband at that time already had cheated on his wife twice by having sex with his mother-in-law, Brooke, and had knocked Brooke up (Brooke at that time had just sent Deacon back to Bridget when Deacon at the spa had wanted to be with Brooke and their child when he had learned about her pregnancy).

Had Deacon offscreen sex with Taylor too, or how was Bridget "winning" by keeping her cheating husband and fighting for his attention?

- Brooke has pushed Rick to take his cheating wife back, when Brooke had been upset that Rick had fired a gun at Caroline and Ridge after he had seen Caridge kissing
                There was no Taylor or Steffy involved.

_______

- in 2011 Brooke once gave Hope the advice to move on and let go of Liam after he had supposedly slept with Amber and Amber carried his child and Brooke told Hope that Hope would find someday someone more deserving than Liam.
                And right after Brooke had told Hope that, Brooke told Ridge that she feels guilty for giving Hope that advice and compared it to her own situation with Ridge and how it would have been if someone had given her that advice decades ago.

Comment

• thecourt99
                  thecourt99 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's not. All it is is a mother being overly invested in the love life of her child. It is a staple on B&B. Stephanie did it to Ridge until the day that the character died. Taylor was this way with Steffy. The only difference is that Brooke is the one on screen doing it right now. And since it's Brooke, then it must be wrong.

• prim
                  prim commented
                  Editing a comment
                  wow court, I agree with everything you said. IMHO, if Brooke was not interessted in Lope, then she would be accused of being an uncaring mother

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
              Working...
              X