• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rubythroat1
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jan 2014

Survivor spring 2018

Saw first ad for new season Feb 28/18. I am torn between giving it a pass, since I did not like the winners in the past three seasons. I have never missed a season and
    will probably give in and watch the recordings. I hate being loyal to a show that is badly in need of a total overhaul.
    My biggest gripe is that they appeared to have set-up the last winner for success. I say--get rid of the hidden idols--and let things happen as they should naturally.
  • Rubythroat1
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jan 2014

Survivor "Ghost Island"--starts tomorrow night Feb 28. Looks intriguing. I was hoping for some ghost story--but it looks like the contestants will be trying to correct the mistakes of past survivors.
    A "regroup and shake it up" after three successive unpopular seasons. I guess I will root for them!

Comment

• Rubythroat1
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jan 2014

Finally got around to watching the long premier episode. I must admit to being not clever enough to keep up with the notes found in the idol packages, on ghost island, where a
      member goes by volunteering. At least they don't face tribal. Complicated. They have to make up for the failures of past survivors.
      I was hoping they would completely stop burying idols altogether, and make these people fend for themselves. I think I am watching by sheer loyalty or habit!!!

Comment

• Rubythroat1
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jan 2014

I was just thinking to myself, that it really is pathetic when you are so loyal to a show that you cannot just delete and move on.
        I put it down to the cold, snowy winter we are having in the north east. If nothing else, my husband gets to ogle women on a beach in bikinis
        and the beautiful scenery, and I get to watch yet another male make a fool out of himself by thinking men are physically stronger than women.

Comment

Contract Poster
          • Dec 2012

I am tired of all the advantages too. I watch every season anyway though. At least I like this cast better than last season - I quit somewhere around halfway through last time.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by 20062007 View Post
            I am tired of all the advantages too. I watch every season anyway though. At least I like this cast better than last season - I quit somewhere around halfway through last time.
            Yes. New cast with old flashbacks. My interest is based on watching how they all survive, food and weather etc. Lately it is all gossip, sabotage, and hidden idols.
            OY! I whine, but still watch!

Comment

• Rubythroat1
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Jan 2014

How many seasons has it been? 34? I finally did it--erased my recordings. I guess it happens to all series eventually.
              Just can't get into this.

Comment

• Lanfear
                Soap Addict
                • Apr 2006

I'm still watching, getting kind of frustrated with how much of a non-issue Ghost Island is turning out to be. Seems more often than not, they don't get a chance to play, and when they do get the chance, they don't want to risk losing their vote. I wish GI featured something different each week, because it's already gotten old. I was excited about the idea of past mistakes at the beginning, but have we seen anything so far but James' block idol and the legacy advantage?

Comment

• Rubythroat1
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Lanfear View Post
                  I'm still watching, getting kind of frustrated with how much of a non-issue Ghost Island is turning out to be. Seems more often than not, they don't get a chance to play, and when they do get the chance, they don't want to risk losing their vote. I wish GI featured something different each week, because it's already gotten old. I was excited about the idea of past mistakes at the beginning, but have we seen anything so far but James' block idol and the legacy advantage?
                  It almost seems like trying too hard! They should return to the original format, IMO. Dispense with the hidden idols, make everyone concentrate on survival with food, fishing, fire and shelter.
                  Adventure should replace in-fighting and plotting against people.

Comment

• Lanfear
                    Soap Addict
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Rubythroat1 View Post
                    It almost seems like trying too hard! They should return to the original format, IMO. Dispense with the hidden idols, make everyone concentrate on survival with food, fishing, fire and shelter.
                    Adventure should replace in-fighting and plotting against people.

I think that's something that all these shows, like Survivor and Big Brother, need to do. They're so worried about trying new things, they become more about the gimmicks than the actual game play that made the people fall for the shows in the first place.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
                      Aspiring soap scribe
                      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Lanfear View Post
                      I think that's something that all these shows, like Survivor and Big Brother, need to do. They're so worried about trying new things, they become more about the gimmicks than the actual game play that made the people fall for the shows in the first place.
                      You got it right Lanfear! My favorite Survivor was Australia--after which (I think his name was Corey) a second time around fellow told Jeff, that he " just could not find the adventure"
                      in the next Survivor he was in. I really HATE all the plotting and backstabbing.
                      IMO, the last three winners were total jerks. The worst was the girl I call "yellow bikini valley girl" .

Comment

• Lanfear
                        Soap Addict
                        • Apr 2006

It looks like they are doing the first gross eating challenge that I've seen in ages. I'm excited/grossed out to finally see this again.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
                          Aspiring soap scribe
                          • Jan 2014

I have to admit that I feel a gap in my viewing week--without having watched this season. I plan to check out the fall show, to see if things have drastically changed or improved.
                          It's like losing a member of the TV family. I truly hope that the winner of this season is someone the TV audience overwhelmingly supports.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
                            Aspiring soap scribe
                            • Jan 2014

I plan to watch the fall 2018 Survivor--since I ditched this show by the third week. Simply because I feel I have let a friend down! Is that not silly?
                            maybe they'll come up with a miracle reboot!

Comment

• Lanfear
                              Soap Addict
                              • Apr 2006

I'll be happy to have someone to talk to about it again, so hopefully, it catches your attention this fall!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X