Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growing Up In Hip Hop: ATL Style!!!

Growing Up In Hip Hop is back, but in ATL style! First season!!! First one, I know is Bow Wow!

Anyway, going to list the cast later. It airs on Thursdays. Check your local listing on WE channel! It airs at 9pm Eastern.

* The original Growing Up In Hip Hop with Romeo, Angela and all will return in July 2017!!!!! I thought it might have been cancelled but happy to hear, it goes on!!!!!!!!!!! Season 3, here we come!
    Last edited by tiff5555; May 28, 2017, 02:40 AM.

^TIFF!!... consider yourself special, because at first I wasn't going to watch this one. Only to discuss this dirt with you I'll watch.

The last one with "fake stuff with Angela", etc. probably got too heavy. Mary J. Blige's step-daughter being abused and on the verge of getting back with the abuser..... DeBarge's dad dipping in/out of crack (who by-the way just got into a hit and run. funny but not funny.).... and Lil' Romeo betraying his dad by skipping out on the empire reawakening. which probably is going to be more violent than anything because I'm sure Master P is STILL waiting by the front door with his belt in his hand. Romeo had better stay out of the country or wherever he's acting.

Comment

Originally posted by He'sAliveToday View Post
      ^TIFF!!... consider yourself special, because at first I wasn't going to watch this one. Only to discuss this dirt with you I'll watch.

The last one with "fake stuff with Angela", etc. probably got too heavy. Mary J. Blige's step-daughter being abused and on the verge of getting back with the abuser..... DeBarge's dad dipping in/out of crack (who by-the way just got into a hit and run. funny but not funny.).... and Lil' Romeo betraying his dad by skipping out on the empire reawakening. which probably is going to be more violent than anything because I'm sure Master P is STILL waiting by the front door with his belt in his hand. Romeo had better stay out of the country or wherever he's acting.

LOL! I was soo wanting to see another season of Growing Up In Hip Hop with Romeo, Angela and more. I did not know that this show would flip the switch and get into another one. So this is going to be new for me.

Comment

Meet The Cast

BOW WOW = Child hip hop star who grew up under the tutelage of Snoop and mega-producer, Jermaine Dupri
        SHANIAH MAULDIN = Jermaine Dupri’s biological daughter
        REGINAE CARTER = Daughter of rap star Lil’ Wayne
        AYANA FITE = Daughter of The Beastie Boys mainstay, DJ Hurricane
        BRANDON BARNES = Son of famed hip hop manager Ms. Deb, and brother of hip hop star Waka Flocka
        ZONNIQUE PULLINS = Daughter of hip hop power couple T.I. and Tiny

Comment

First Episode
          I am in beginning of the episode and my brother hogged the TV, so I can't say much of the full episode. Bow Wow is the first person I see and may be the leader in the current cast. He knows more than everyone else. He says that he is done being a player and wants to settle down with his ex who has his baby. But he still parties and may not get away from the lifestyle. JD feels that Bow Wow is not taking his music seriously and don't know if he is ready to be in the full mode in the music industry. Bow Wow says that he is not scared, but I think he is, because he has been out of music over, I don't know how many years. I only remember him being number one on 106 & Park! The girls back in the time, loved him. When he got to host the show, the times has changed and the viewers just saw him a clown on the show. Hey, it was not his fault. When the show decides to part ways, he was not happy. And I understood that. Don't know why the audience did not showed him more love, when he was hosting that show. Anyway, I will write more, when I finish watching the show.

Comment

Back To The First Episode

I just saw the episode. Its a pretty good one. At first, I was confused, but now I got the cast.

JD and Da Brat wants Bow Wow to go a complete album in ATL. But he wants to flew back and forth from LA to ATL to do it, and they don't believe its acceptable to do this. JD believes Bow Wow flakes out every time. And its ironic that Bow Wow wants to do what Usher did in 2004...it might be good because Usher's 2004, was good! At the end of the episode, Bow Wow's single song party, trouble follows and he does not like that. I think Bow Wow has lots of jealous people after him. When you get popular, people wants your money and your lifestyle. They want to use you! Its a sad truth and it happens every time. Trust me!

We get to see JD daughter, Shaniah. She is sweet and a good person. JD does not want her to follow the wrong crowd. Did not know that he had one.

There seem to be a beef with TI and Lil Wayne. Lil Wayne dissed the Black Lives Matter and TI feels strongly about bringing black people together. I get that the whole thing. I just believe Lil Wayne just wanted to say that all lives matter and not a certain race thing. But you know how black folks feel. Lil Wayne daughter, got into this, so I don't know if there would be trouble of her. Her friend, who is Tiny's daughter, is good friends with her but I think after this episode, she might not be, such a good friend. She also wants to be a singer but does not take it seriously. Her coach, Brandon, helps her but now, just does not want to deal with her. His mother, Ms. Debs, uh you don't want to mess with her...she can be pushy and these episodes, she may be.

So far, this is what I got from watching the episode. Who is special and who may not be....I think....

Comment

Second Episode
              The second episode was on fire! Brandon seems like he wants to control Zonni career. And he gets into it with Reginae. Reginae pushes him, so he says hurtful things, which now, his mother, does not like!

And Bow Wow ex-friends, wants something from him. A hand me out stuff which I was telling you of. When you are rich, and can't please your people, they get bitter on you. It happens every time! Must believe that!

Comment

Third Episode
                Debbie is right! You can defend to adults, but little kids, no. Little kids don't understand things, generally, unfortunately. They think tv shows, they can act like adults, but in reality, it can get into trouble.

Bow Wow can't get himself into studios. And Zonni wants Ms. Debs than Brandon. Ms. Debs had to deal with Toya, Reginae kid.

Comment

4th & 5th Episode
                  Sorry that I am late! I wrote about the 4th Episode on a piece of paper but my heart is on 5th Episode! Okay, going to talk about the 4th Episode. Zonni met with Ms. Debs over the control of her career. Ms. Debs wanted her to do certain things and try to move on with her singing career. She also wanted to help Bow Wow with his father! Bow Wow feels indifferent of his father. And not all of the interventions works out, anyways. Ms. Debs should leave this alone! Reginea wanted her 18th party to be big. Her mother was not eye on it but eventually gave up! I guess by now that Reginea is a spoiled princess. It is obvious in the show and she wants all who are in her presence to know who her father is....'Lil' Wayne'. Have to say, the guy has not been making rap music in few years, so I am supposed to know who he is. I know he made Drake and Nicki famous and probably getting money from them.

On the end note of Episode 4. Ms. Debs ended the son's beef with Reginea's mother, Toya! I thought it was going to get heated, but Ms. Debs did not wanted to go there.

5th Episode, was good in the end! Bow Wow wanted to end the beef of Brandon and Reginea at a dinner party before her 18th party. It did not got soo well! As you know, both Brandon and Reginea has huge egos! And when they spoke, it clashed, they clashed! Reginea was looking for a apology from Brandon, but he did not give it to her.....If I have any advice to her, I would tell her not to assume anything unless hearing things out. And Brandon, should have apologized of her father's behavior. Speaking on Brandon, he wants to step out of his mother's limelight and be this big casting director that he claims to be on this show. Its no surprise here of how he is acting now. Forgot to mention that he will be show casing alone, which is in the 6th Episode. He asked for his mother's help. Now Ms. Debs wants everything to be perfect because she is on his showcase.............Anyway, lets go on to 6th Episode!

Have to say, this show is getting good! Better than the original show that is premiering in July!

Comment

6th Episode
                    Toya confronted big Brandon! But in the end, told her daughter to apologize and move on. Same advice Ms. Debs gave to Brandon. And I have to agree with Bow Wow, that both of them are divas! I am in between watching this episode. If there is more, I will let you know.
                    It's a update here...something juicy! So Brandon had this mini showcase. Invites his mother on the panel. Well, his mini show does not go well. In the end, his mother steals one of his clients! So in the next episode, I think it's the season finale, but I could be wrong, Brandon gets upset with his mother! He was not happy in this episode. Even Zonni was laughing that his showcase was not even good.
                    Last edited by tiff5555; July 9, 2017, 02:25 AM. Reason: Update on episode 6

Comment

Episode 7
                      Episode 7 was lit! I don’t know what is going on with Bow Wow’s dad but he is desperate to get with his son and even with Ms. Debs! She was like, ‘what the hell he just said?’. Ms. Debs knew that it is a sticky situation and she does not want to be involved in that way.

Speaking of her. She and her son, Brandon had the talk. The one where he was upset that she stole his night. She wants a person as a casting agent, or whatever they call it, to be thick headed and not care of the opinions that are headed in his or her direction. She even told her son that he may be soft and not ready. Also, don’t ever cross her. I am like from my couch, ‘you just played him!’. So he is not allowed to go in your territory and steal one your clients. Ms. Debs, you have a problem. Brandon got more upset when his client, BRAVE, a girl group, wanted to know about Ms. Debs thought of their performance. Actually, he got more upset that Zonni was getting the team together in the expense of Ms. Debs. He was heated and decided to show up to the auditions of hiring the right team for Zonni. He was trying to compete with his mother of hiring the right person for Zonni. Zonni, who really did not liked Brandon’s attitude, just did not see that’s where he gets his attitude from??? I was like, wow Zonni! What are you going to do? Drop Ms. Debs and go back to your mother? Oh yeah, since there was a commotion with Brandon and his mother at the audition, that his mother walked out of it. I uh really want Ms. Debs to realize that what she is doing to her son, is not good! That was why he crashed your thing with Zonni!

Reginea…..it is obvious by now that she is spoiled. No intentions of going to college. I want to tell her that her daddy won’t be famous no more. Since I am writing late of this episode, tomorrow is the season finale of it! Have to say that this episode was great. Not sure if the season finale will be, but I will check it out!

Comment

Season Finale ---------------------- The Season Finale ---- It was good, but the Brandon vs Reginea thing, left us wondering of what Reginea was going to do to Brandon. And I thought Bow Wow would put his foot down and tell his father not to see him ever again and throw him out of the studio. But it ended with no fight, but with a understanding. It is clear that his father never recovered from his drinking and still drinking. He feels soo conscious now to say to his son, that he was wrong. Bow Wow later told Ms. Debs what happened. He was mad at her but apologize to her.

Brandon is pissed at his mama. Can’t blame him because she is stealing his clients! He decided to leave the house and start on his journey to being something big. Ms. Debs, his mama, seems not to understand not to touch in what he is building. I think she is using him for another reason and not want to branch out on his own. She may be worried that he may succeed.

Zonni had her listening party! It seems like a such a good vibes scene. People were jamming to her song or songs. I wonder what Brandon thought of it? It seems under him, she was going no where and telling her to work more on her voice. His mama thought she was ready. I think she is too!

Bow Wow did not came to Zonni’s listening party. He got into a big fight with his ex-friend who was spying on him and wanted more from him. And that is how Season One ended.

Comment

Reflections of Season One

I thought this season was good! First it was hard because I was used to the other show that is coming this week! Have to say that this show is way better than the other show. I thought with Bow Wow, things would be interesting, but Brandon vs Reginea was very interesting! At first, I was like, who was this big man? But now, Brandon is alright in my book. Reginea is a spoiled person and I could talk hours about her. She is indeed interesting. I wished she can come back to reality and realize that not all, knows who her father is!

I really did not care of AYANA FITE….I found her, not as boring as Carole from RHONYC, LOL…but as a normal person with her own problems. She wanted her girlfriend, by her side. But she was exploring other females.

Zonni….I think she is okay! Do I think she will be big like Rihanna….not really. She has to work really hard to make it in the big league. She could go into acting…I see her in this!

Jermaine Dupri daughter, don’t much about her. Neither did her dad wanted to. Also he was here for the last few episodes of this show. He was MIA.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the next season of this show!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X