Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone here watch My 600 lb Life?

It's on TLC and is about people who are 600 lbs or more trying to get weight loss surgery. It's really interesting.

I catch it occasionally...it is very interesting..the family dynamics...watching the story play out..what they go through is by no means easy.

Comment

It's not that I judge and I have my own issues and such but this is outrageous, 600lbs seriously ?! it's 2018 We should be better than this!

Comment

Originally posted by Rudolfo View Post
        It's not that I judge and I have my own issues and such but this is outrageous, 600lbs seriously ?! it's 2018 We should be better than this!
        Well often it’s an underlying mental issue that results in an eating disorder for these people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudolfo View Post
          That *is* judgmental and suggests these people are bad in some way. Most if not all of them have experienced trauma, usually childhood sexual abuse. It's 2018 and there are many worse things we should be "better" than: racism, child abuse, cruelty, bullying, drug abuse, violence, greed. These people are suffering and need help and compassion.

Comment

• ILoveBizzie
            ILoveBizzie commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree. Drug abuse is often people in pain over something. In the case of the people on this show, food is sort of their drug.

I find it interesting too! I wonder how these people are physically able to get to this size. Then I find out in most cases these people have enablers/feeders. Definitely an eye opener and I love Dr Nowzardan he’s a good man

Comment

Yes, they often have enablers and some of them were on the heavy side early on. I think I heard they stretch their stomachs by the overeating and then physically need the food as well as emotional.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
            Working...
            X