• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    He'sAliveToday
    Senior Board Member

• He'sAliveToday
    replied
    I'm not going to complain too much because Rashad was some good ol' weekly eye-candy AND he could dance without performance/dance training in his personal life.

I'm late about Simone's dismissal, but that was the judges' fault. They rode that lady like Zorro. It was enough that Simone was dealing with seeing Normani "sexy" it up every week and burn that dance floor up. Simone had insecurities and the judges with their nit-picks (and then acting all heart broken when she was ousted) was no help for her.

Normani WAS the best dancer, but the over-all connector with dancefloor/partner-chemistry/audience WAS Rashad. CONGRATS.

SO HAPPY that major league didn't win though. I was starting to feel like I feel with the singing shows when the country audience gets ahold of the voting queues. This was the first time a baseball player has been on DWTS, so I won't be surprised if this happens again being that MLB is so popular. It's just like country votes on the singing shows. In fact, I believe the same voters that vote "country" was voting "baseball".

But, to be perfectly honest, major league DID have a connection with the audience AND his chemistry with his partner was really good. So, if he would have won, I could have understood why even though he wasn't the best dancer. Even the judges began to resign and fall into the "audience connection" argument to justifying his possible win.

Just like on "So You Think You Can Dance".... I believe they stopped calling it "best dancer" after the first season or so and began to call it "audience favorite dancer" because they know what time it is.

Leave a comment:

• Rubythroat1
    Aspiring soap scribe

• Rubythroat1
    replied
    I am glad that Rashad won the mirrorball--however, everybody knows that Simone and Normani should have been in the final three, and NO WAY should our baseball hero have been number two!
    It proves that the best dancers don't always win, and also that there is a "fix" in there somewhere. Sigh........

Leave a comment:

• believeinme246
    Aspiring soap scribe

• believeinme246
    replied
    I stopped watching this show for years because I got tired of my favorites being voted off early, but then I got hooked again. When Simone was voted off, it reminded me of everything that I distain about the voting system. She was by far the greatest spirit and the best dancer on that stage.

Leave a comment:

• Rubythroat1
    Aspiring soap scribe

• Rubythroat1
    replied
    I had a bet with my husband that they would vote off our little gymnast, who is arguably the best dancer on the show. Simone got the boot, with all the judges hanging their heads. So our sporty guy is in the final three.
    I cannot think this show is legitimate any more, in terms of the voting process.

Leave a comment:

• Rubythroat1
    Aspiring soap scribe

• Rubythroat1
    replied
    I stopped watching after Nancy got the boot. Now I hear Bronco boy is gone. My husband cannot understand why that sports hero (brush cut) is still on--he calls him the "dancing brick".
    Sad, I used to love this show.

Leave a comment:

• Rubythroat1
    Aspiring soap scribe

• Rubythroat1
    replied
    Oh well--Glee girl got the bump, even after perfect scores and Maks being back. Just shows that this tends to be a popularity contest, after all. IMO, the public are not dance experts and should not have any vote.
    That is just me.

Leave a comment:

• He'sAliveToday
    Senior Board Member

• He'sAliveToday
    replied
    ^That "unfair advantage" thing is for sure. But we all know it happens EVERY season. Even the ice-skater has is... I don't care, a dance/performance/rhythmic movement background IS an advantage. So what if it's a different discipline! Your brain is a computer... your body has muscle memory... I can't explain the technical aspects of it, but it's an advantage of sorts. If you are naturally gifted, that's an advantage as well, but no one can fault you on that.

Which brings me to a point I failed to make last time. I was reminded by Rubythroat1, when mentioning that the judges are harder on some than others, which happens every season as well. I wanted to talk about the Bachelor dude. I can't remember his name, but I really like what he and Peta are doing. The last show was boring, but I do recall his and Peta's number and I liked that one as well as Rashad/Emma's.

The judges ride the Bachelor like they are trying to get the rose. I couldn't resist.... But, as far as questionable judgements, they are really hard on this guy (I won't touch that one.) Bottom line is dude is working the dance floor and if the judges don't notice, I do. Good job, Peta.
    He'sAliveToday
    Senior Board Member
    Last edited by He'sAliveToday; April 22, 2017, 02:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rubythroat1
    Aspiring soap scribe

• Rubythroat1
    replied
    Originally posted by He'sAliveToday View Post
    I'm not gonna lie.... I thought Rashad/Emma's dance was perfection! The rest of the show, I could hardly keep my eyes open. Boring as a hot bowl of steam for dinner. I like Simone and everything, but she has GOTS to be the last of the gymnast to dance on DWTS.
    Both Simone and that blonde from Glee, have an unfair advantage over all the others. I do think the judges are harder on them though. Especially Carrie Ann and Len.

Leave a comment:

• He'sAliveToday
    Senior Board Member

• He'sAliveToday
    replied
    I'm not gonna lie.... I thought Rashad/Emma's dance was perfection! The rest of the show, I could hardly keep my eyes open. Boring as a hot bowl of steam for dinner. I like Simone and everything, but she has GOTS to be the last of the gymnast to dance on DWTS.

Leave a comment:

• Rubythroat1
    Aspiring soap scribe

• Rubythroat1
    replied
    It looks more and more like our little gymnast Simone, the Glee gal, and Fifth Dimension. Almost predictable.

Leave a comment:

• believeinme246
    Aspiring soap scribe

• believeinme246
    replied
    What did Len say in baseball language?
    I have to say that Mr. T was one class act.

Leave a comment:

• believeinme246
    Aspiring soap scribe

• believeinme246
    replied
    I like the girl from Fifth Dimension the most. I didn't expect her to translate well to dance, but she's a quick learner and has a delightful attitude.

I also like Allan a lot. He makes everyone look good.

The dance that Juliana and Derek did had me in tears.

Leave a comment:

• Rubythroat1
    Aspiring soap scribe

• Rubythroat1
    replied
    I love Charo. Now it will be dull. I am kind of plugging for Bronco Boy. Something about him that is sweet and charismatic. The gymnast is just too good and predictable.

Leave a comment:

• He'sAliveToday
    Senior Board Member

• He'sAliveToday
    replied
    Such a travesty to see Charo go. She wasn't just entertainment, she is a true entertainment legend. No one truly knows her age, but who gives a rip, she looks good and I enjoyed her.

I love when Allan subs for the dancers. He's soooo good and I believe it inspires the out pro to get it in gear! They don't want Allan to take the spotlight for too long.

One thing I'm enjoying about the season is that overall, the couples have great chemistry. There's generally at least one awkward pair, but all seem to do well with one another. Makes things that much more interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Rubythroat1
    Aspiring soap scribe

• Rubythroat1
    replied
    Pretty predictable this week. I had a moment when Charo may have gotten voted off. I find her so amusing. I still don't get why Len gives some dancers high or low marks. I guess the pure dance moves are more important to him than creativity.

Leave a comment:

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
Working...
X