• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rubythroat1
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jan 2014

Dancing With The Stars 2017

I thought I did not know any of the contestants, until along came Charo and Mr. T. Charo is a hoot--I can't believe she is still this energetic at 66. Just the same as when Xavier Cugat found her when she was 16! Plus a little plastic surgery along the way! My bets are going with the young gymnast and maybe the girl from Glee with Maks. We will see.
  • tiff5555
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jul 2007

I am rooting for Erika Jayne!

Comment

• Rubythroat1
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jan 2014

Lord, it will be a couple of weeks before I get these names straight! Mostly because the best dancers don't always win!

Comment

• aliasocfan
        Board Regular
        • Oct 2006

#TeamRinger
        I love Normani, Simone and Heather.
        I also really enjoyed Nancy.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jan 2014

I will enjoy Charo for as long as she is on. She has always been a dynamo--more energy than 10 cups of Joe can provide.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Jan 2014

Pretty predictable this week. I had a moment when Charo may have gotten voted off. I find her so amusing. I still don't get why Len gives some dancers high or low marks. I guess the pure dance moves are more important to him than creativity.

Comment

• He'sAliveToday
              Senior Board Member
              • Jul 2011

Such a travesty to see Charo go. She wasn't just entertainment, she is a true entertainment legend. No one truly knows her age, but who gives a rip, she looks good and I enjoyed her.

I love when Allan subs for the dancers. He's soooo good and I believe it inspires the out pro to get it in gear! They don't want Allan to take the spotlight for too long.

One thing I'm enjoying about the season is that overall, the couples have great chemistry. There's generally at least one awkward pair, but all seem to do well with one another. Makes things that much more interesting.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Jan 2014

I love Charo. Now it will be dull. I am kind of plugging for Bronco Boy. Something about him that is sweet and charismatic. The gymnast is just too good and predictable.

Comment

• believeinme246
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  • Jan 2015

I like the girl from Fifth Dimension the most. I didn't expect her to translate well to dance, but she's a quick learner and has a delightful attitude.

I also like Allan a lot. He makes everyone look good.

The dance that Juliana and Derek did had me in tears.

Comment

• believeinme246
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    • Jan 2015

What did Len say in baseball language?
                    I have to say that Mr. T was one class act.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
                      Aspiring soap scribe
                      • Jan 2014

It looks more and more like our little gymnast Simone, the Glee gal, and Fifth Dimension. Almost predictable.

Comment

• He'sAliveToday
                        Senior Board Member
                        • Jul 2011

I'm not gonna lie.... I thought Rashad/Emma's dance was perfection! The rest of the show, I could hardly keep my eyes open. Boring as a hot bowl of steam for dinner. I like Simone and everything, but she has GOTS to be the last of the gymnast to dance on DWTS.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
                          Aspiring soap scribe
                          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by He'sAliveToday View Post
                          I'm not gonna lie.... I thought Rashad/Emma's dance was perfection! The rest of the show, I could hardly keep my eyes open. Boring as a hot bowl of steam for dinner. I like Simone and everything, but she has GOTS to be the last of the gymnast to dance on DWTS.
                          Both Simone and that blonde from Glee, have an unfair advantage over all the others. I do think the judges are harder on them though. Especially Carrie Ann and Len.

Comment

• He'sAliveToday
                            Senior Board Member
                            • Jul 2011

^That "unfair advantage" thing is for sure. But we all know it happens EVERY season. Even the ice-skater has is... I don't care, a dance/performance/rhythmic movement background IS an advantage. So what if it's a different discipline! Your brain is a computer... your body has muscle memory... I can't explain the technical aspects of it, but it's an advantage of sorts. If you are naturally gifted, that's an advantage as well, but no one can fault you on that.

Which brings me to a point I failed to make last time. I was reminded by Rubythroat1, when mentioning that the judges are harder on some than others, which happens every season as well. I wanted to talk about the Bachelor dude. I can't remember his name, but I really like what he and Peta are doing. The last show was boring, but I do recall his and Peta's number and I liked that one as well as Rashad/Emma's.

The judges ride the Bachelor like they are trying to get the rose. I couldn't resist.... But, as far as questionable judgements, they are really hard on this guy (I won't touch that one.) Bottom line is dude is working the dance floor and if the judges don't notice, I do. Good job, Peta.
                            Last edited by He'sAliveToday; April 22, 2017, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
                              Aspiring soap scribe
                              • Jan 2014

Oh well--Glee girl got the bump, even after perfect scores and Maks being back. Just shows that this tends to be a popularity contest, after all. IMO, the public are not dance experts and should not have any vote.
                              That is just me.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X