This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survivor: Gen X vs Millenials

I watched the first epi last night, and thought right away that things were being done differently. The previous season was probably the worst in 32 seasons, IMO. Lots of illness, an undeserving winner who I did not even know the name of.
    There was a cyclone warning, and for the first time in the show's history, the survivors were evacuated rather than taking the risk of anyone being hurt or leaving the show.
    Looks more promising. The first challenge was more difficult than some they have devised. A couple of possible people I might root for.

This is first season that I didn't immediately have an early stand out favorite. Honestly, I spent most of the episode looking for Caleb.... I guess he's on the NEXT one.

Anyways, the only stand outish person so far for me is the high school kid. Being that he's the first high schooler to be on the island it kind of peaked my interest in how he will do.

Funny moment for me was when the tribes returned their lent tarps: Gen X's tarp was returned folded neatly (even when Jeff visited their camp, they immediately thanked Jeff for the tarp). Millenials returned their tarp all balled up and wrinkled.

Comment

Originally posted by He'sAliveToday View Post
      This is first season that I didn't immediately have an early stand out favorite. Honestly, I spent most of the episode looking for Caleb.... I guess he's on the NEXT one.

Anyways, the only stand outish person so far for me is the high school kid. Being that he's the first high schooler to be on the island it kind of peaked my interest in how he will do.

Funny moment for me was when the tribes returned their lent tarps: Gen X's tarp was returned folded neatly (even when Jeff visited their camp, they immediately thanked Jeff for the tarp). Millenials returned their tarp all balled up and wrinkled.
      I was surprised at the pairing off with flirty blonde of millennials, and the two young guys. Everybody knows that close couples get broken up early. It shows that these kids have not done their research or are just playing to the "reality" show edit component. If there is not enough compelling footage, they get edited out.

Comment

Millennials: So there's a nasty storm coming, and we still don't have any shelter...but what the heck, let's go swimming and get to know each other!

Comment

I was glad to see the Millenials go to Tribal today, but disgusted at the outcome. Miss Suck-face Blonde flirty barrista (Figgy--what the hell is that short for?) gets to stay, and the second Asian lady in the first two episodes goes (Mari) for no apparent reason.
          I was originally rooting for our nerdy girl with glasses, but she is off my list for her cowardice. The most under-represented are the Asians in this show. It is a disgrace and I think Jeff was thinking that they are a bunch of spoiled babies.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubythroat1 View Post
            I was glad to see the Millenials go to Tribal today, but disgusted at the outcome. Miss Suck-face Blonde flirty barrista (Figgy--what the hell is that short for?) gets to stay, and the second Asian lady in the first two episodes goes (Mari) for no apparent reason.
            I was originally rooting for our nerdy girl with glasses, but she is off my list for her cowardice. The most under-represented are the Asians in this show. It is a disgrace and I think Jeff was thinking that they are a bunch of spoiled babies.
            Same here! It was horrible. I felt like I watching a Survivor's version of a Mean Girls' Tribal Council. I was rooting for Mari as well, for the exact same reasons as you. Plus she just seemed really cool. I liked the Nerds & Geeks component of the Millenials a whole lot more then the "pretty ones". I really can't stand Figgy or the girl who pressured the nerdy girl to vote for Mari. I'm looking forward to both Figgy & the girl who pressured the other girl at TC getting voted off. They may look "pretty" on the outside but to me they're both ugly beyond belief on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxiegirl View Post
              Same here! It was horrible. I felt like I watching a Survivor's version of a Mean Girls' Tribal Council. I was rooting for Mari as well, for the exact same reasons as you. Plus she just seemed really cool. I liked the Nerds & Geeks component of the Millenials a whole lot more then the "pretty ones". I really can't stand Figgy or the girl who pressured the nerdy girl to vote for Mari. I'm looking forward to both Figgy & the girl who pressured the other girl at TC getting voted off. They may look "pretty" on the outside but to me they're both ugly beyond belief on the inside.
              Excellent post, Maxie!

Comment

Good thing the Gen X tribe decided to blindside the mechanic who lied and said he was in a rock band, and had the medical emergency. If they had voted out CC I was beginning to think it would clearly look like a group
                of "white supremicists". The first two vote outs were Asian ladies, now a Black lady? However, whoops---the next week trailer shows the remaining Asian lady on the Gen X becoming a controller! Watch out!

Comment

So far, this season seems to be pretty predictable about the vote-offs every week. I was so gratified to watch "Figgy" get the boot. She actually behaved like she was trying to get voted off, with her over-the-top flirtatious
                  and controlling behaviour. I was left wondering if Taylor, her toy-boy, was there for the game or for nookies with Figgy!

Comment

HORRIBLE just HORRIBLE to see Michaela go. We’ve been watching her excel in challenges for weeks now though, so I was expecting her to get targeted early in the merge. And based on next week’s preview, they took her out just in time. I would like to see her in another season though because she was such a strong physical competitor.
                    Last edited by He'sAliveToday; November 3, 2016, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Well, my main reason for continuing to watch the show just got blind sided by that snake eyed-slime ball Jay and his insipid sidekick Will. Michaela was the guts and heart and amusement on the show.
                      Like I want to watch a bunch of belching and farting idiots after a gluttonous feed at a trough? The producer was likely thinking to himself---God NO! There go the ratings from now on. Who is there left to root for?
                      All I can hope is that Hannah does indeed get some revenge against Jay and Will.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubythroat1 View Post
                        Well, my main reason for continuing to watch the show just got blind sided by that snake eyed-slime ball Jay and his insipid sidekick Will. Michaela was the guts and heart and amusement on the show.
                        Like I want to watch a bunch of belching and farting idiots after a gluttonous feed at a trough? The producer was likely thinking to himself---God NO! There go the ratings from now on. Who is there left to root for?
                        All I can hope is that Hannah does indeed get some revenge against Jay and Will.
                        Yeah Michaela was my reason to watch as well. I absolutely LOVED her, so sad to see her go. I liked that she was pissed off when she got voted off and said so. I love how she said it like it is. She was so smart, so strong and so amazing. I will really miss her. I was truly rooting for her to win. She had personality in spades. Sucks she's gone. I can't stand Jay or Will now. I don't know who I like now.

I am actually rooting for David to go far. I will root for him as the underdog.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxiegirl View Post
                          Yeah Michaela was my reason to watch as well. I absolutely LOVED her, so sad to see her go. I liked that she was pissed off when she got voted off and said so. I love how she said it like it is. She was so smart, so strong and so amazing. I will really miss her. I was truly rooting for her to win. She had personality in spades. Sucks she's gone. I can't stand Jay or Will now. I don't know who I like now.

I am actually rooting for David to go far. I will root for him as the underdog.
                          Yes, David is a possiblity. However, I think he is playing a part to avoid getting voted off. You know, the 98-pound weakling who is lousy at challenges and no threat to anyone. He looked strategically stupid to give his
                          idol away to Jessica. He took a page out of John Cochrane's playbook. He's a televison writer so he knows what works on camera. And he has an idol which he shared with Zeke.

Comment

My Final 4 would be David, Ken, Adam & Zeke.

Comment

Originally posted by ragincajun View Post
                              My Final 4 would be David, Ken, Adam & Zeke.
                              Not arguing, but were any of those guys part of the "farting and belching" brigade?

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X