X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tiff5555
    replied
    Originally posted by alexau View Post
    So, last night was the premiere of American Idols 15th and final season. The show was once a cultural phenomenon, but has been going downhill for quite some time. The show usually runs from early January until the end of May, but this final seasons finale will take place on April 7th, meaning they are cutting the season short by approximately a month and a half.Im hoping they go all out for the finale, or at least have a duet with Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson, the shows most 2 popular winners who have never sang together before.I tuned in last night and it was basically the same old **** as the past few seasons though. The current judging panel of Keith Urban, Jennifer Lopez, and Harry Connick Jr. blows. Especially Harry, who I find extremely annoying and attention-seeking. Hopefully it picks up a bit, but I dont have high hopes. Maybe the show will come back in 10 years totally revamped, but we shall see I guess.

This season never got the chance to sing solo at the finale and even go on a summer tour And the show should have let the 3 original judges judge from time to time for this past season. This season was good, but with elimination to fast, it was sad.

Leave a comment:

• alexau
    replied
    American Idol The Final Season

So, last night was the premiere of American Idols 15th and final season. The show was once a cultural phenomenon, but has been going downhill for quite some time. The show usually runs from early January until the end of May, but this final seasons finale will take place on April 7th, meaning they are cutting the season short by approximately a month and a half.Im hoping they go all out for the finale, or at least have a duet with Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson, the shows most 2 popular winners who have never sang together before.I tuned in last night and it was basically the same old **** as the past few seasons though. The current judging panel of Keith Urban, Jennifer Lopez, and Harry Connick Jr. blows. Especially Harry, who I find extremely annoying and attention-seeking. Hopefully it picks up a bit, but I dont have high hopes. Maybe the show will come back in 10 years totally revamped, but we shall see I guess.

Leave a comment:

• tiff5555
    replied
    ^ On her Instagram she said that she got a record deal with Motown Records! Interesting I would say. And Scott wants Trent to go Country!

Leave a comment:

• He'sAliveToday
    replied
    Now La'Porsha is getting attacked by the LGBT community. She was ASKED her opinion. Now she's getting bashed because she was being real about her opinion. Someone from the LGBT relayed that their issue is when their lifestyle is construed a "choice". They then went on to say that IF it were a choice, THEY would choose to NOT be gay. If YOU have a problem BEING gay.... Why are those opposed being attacked?? The question was presented because of La'Porsha being from Mississippi. Well, Trent is from Mississippi as well, but I haven't heard any questions/comments from him regarding this. Being that Trent spoke of the things of God even MORE than La'Porsha did, I can't imagine his response to this question being any different than hers: That she doesn't agree, but respects other's right to be. In a nutshell.

Supposedly, as the second placer, La'Porsha also received a recording contract from Big Machine. I don't know if that good or bad for La'Porsha, but congrats to her and hope she strives for greatness in everything she does.

Leave a comment:

• He'sAliveToday
    replied
    Congratulations to Trent for his big win!! I will say that I am proud of him. From the beginning, when he sang Unaware I knew he was on the road to the confetti. and HOW! Boy, they must have emptied the archived confetti from the storage garage. I also like what he was saying to La'Porsha while they were hugging. It was obvious she was super disappointed (I don't blame her), but he consoled her and reminded her that this is God's will, they are both from Mississippi, and that they will do music together. I WOULD LOVE FOR THESE TWO TO PUT PROPER DUETS BACK ON THE MAP!

I can't say enough about Trent. The way he loves his mama... The way he gave The Most High all the praise.... I look forward to hearing from him (especially a duet with La'Porsha ) in the future. If done right, he could be the most successful winner ever. Even surpassing the popularity and success of Clarkson or Underwood.

As far as it being the end of AI... I KNEW they had something up their sleeves. I was sad to learn of the end, but I'm glad the talent out there will not be forgotten. That's what this show is supposed to be about. When they started focusing so much on the panel of judges (peddling their music, tours, taking the stage, etc.) I never liked it. I don't even like it on The Voice. The shows should be about these could-be's, NOT on those that are already established. That includes contestants with failed music deals. It should be amateurs and that's IT. Even if you are pretty popular on utube, I'll overlook that because it's not "formal" or "legal" music industry exposure.

I believe they are going to revamp and repackage the show and they should. I wouldn't even be mad if Seacrest is in on it. I appreciate Ryan keeping it about the contestants. He's super successful independently, but on the AI stage, he has been total support to the contestants. That's how it should always be. Just keep the panel simple. Focus on the talent and that's that. Even if they used past winners to be on the panel (that would be cool), but leave the panel's individual career efforts out of it. None of this self-indulgence that has harmed the contestants.

Looking forward to more untapped talent out there! There's still a lot of money to be made... ESPECIALLY when the budget goes to the support of the talent, and NOT on this overpaid panel of narcissists.

Leave a comment:

• tiff5555
    replied
    Part 2 - Series Finale

The winner of American Idol, Season 15 is: Trent Harmon

He was the one who edged out over La' P! I seriously thought and so did Jennifer Lopez that this woman was going to win! And there is hate going on in Trent's Instagram. Mostly I think from young black community! I believe its very disgusting to just tell the winner that he was no good and La'P was He had soul and they know it!

For the series finale......I am mixed on this! Its good to see the contestants...but what about the other superstars like Taylor Swift and Rihanna...even though Rihanna was performing somewhere else.. And what pissed me off was that Contestants of Season 15, had little part of singing....what is up with that one? Its not fair...they have been jibed (cut out), of the most wonderful experience that the Idol gave to other contestants for the past 14 years

And what was up with Sanjaya????????? He never got mentioned from Ryan Seacrest!

And for those who wants to know what Ryan meant at the end of the show "Goodbye....for now". I read something on Yahoo that American Idol may be rebooted down the road! Don't know if its a good thing since none of the reboots ever works. Look at Star Search....anyway, we will see! One final word: This show had given hope to young teens and young adults of wanting to be a star! I do hope one day...I know I am a flip flopped that this show comes back!

I want to know your reactions of the finale too! Please post!

Leave a comment:

• tiff5555
    replied
    Part One of the Finale

I seriously thought all three would perform for the entire show and vote and today, is the series finale, the third one would get eliminated and then the second and then we will have our winner....but it did not went that way!
    I thought with the first round, Dalton did better than Trent! But then, he was eliminated so there was Trent and La'Porsha. I did loved Trent singing Sia song which was the last song! La'Porsha was okay for the last song choice. I believe it would be a tough race of who is going to win! I did liked how La'P. said that a girl started it and it will end with a girl. I almost believe it! I really want her to win.........but Trent comes once in a lifetime! I am awe of him than with her. I guess it shifted from her to him!

.........I am sad that American Idol is ending early

Leave a comment:

• tiff5555
    replied
    ^ Why would the judges pick the last song for Dalton??????????? If they really knew his type of songs that he wanted to share to us, go with rock songs. I feel like the judges wants this show to be over with. The show may not be giving what the judges, Ryan and contestants what they want

Leave a comment:

• He'sAliveToday
    replied
    Originally posted by tiff5555 View Post
    I am worried about you He'sAliveToday...
    Thank you for the call-out, tiff! I'm glad you didn't tune out when I know you really wanted to...

Originally posted by believeinme246 View Post
    It is frustrating how the producers bias the show.
    I appreciate you being objective about who should win. Although Dalton is more to your taste, you STILL recognize the others.

I actually agree with a lot of the way you both feel and here is my take on the last show:

First Round:

Mackenzie, "Hallelujah" (Praise Jah, indeed!) : I thought he sang this SOOO well and different! I look forward to seeing what this dude does in the future because he's got a great gift.

Dalton, "Calling You": It was SO good and SO him!

Trent, first of all, side note.... When they were doing the home visit and Trent saw his mother, he said "Hey, Mama.." I just LOST IT!! Just the way he is in so in love with his mother is reason enough for me to want him to get the confetti. But, the boy can sing and I won't be surprised if he gets in anyways. Now, back to our regularly scheduled program....

Trent, "Tennessee Whiskey": This performance was absolutely SICK! I'm talking too sick with it. It was so perfect for this moment for him.

La'Porsha, "Glory": Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning!! While La'Porsha was singing this song, I couldn't help but wonder if we were, in fact, witnessing a future legend. She IS that good.

I was really surprised to see Mackenzie go before Dalton, but I knew that last week, Dalton had knocked that thang out of the park. I thought he would knock out La'Porsha (I thought overall, she was the weakest last week), but it was Mackenzie that got the boot.

First round could have been Trent's or La'Porsha's

Second round:

Dalton, "Dancing In The Dark": LOVED IT!!!!!

La'Porsha, "Stay With Me, Baby": STAY WITH ME, BABY!!!! STAY WITH ME BABY??????See, THIS is when I put my hand on my knife. The first thing I thought of when they said she would sing this is S.A.B.O.T.A.G.E. For Scott to give her this song at this stage of the game demonstrated that he doesn't understand WHO this woman is or her victory. I get it, in regards to being able to wear a character and go outside your wheelhouse, but, for me, no one else was challenged in this way.

Trent, "Drink You Away": Okay, I loosened the buckle on my knife when this hot mess ensued. Justin could have kept this one in the vault. When Justin Timberlake and Chris Stapleton did this back-to-back magical moment of both Tennessee Whiskey and Drink You Away, it was magical. This back-to-back by Trent just make him look like he was obsessed with the hair of the dog. I usually listen to selections more than once because their good, I actually listened to this one twice to make sure my ears were not deceiving me... and YEP, it was still a hot mess. Hated it...

NO BRAINER...Second round was Dalton's.

Third Round:

Dalton, "Everybody Wants to Rule The World": With distain, I actually poured my own self a drink and took my knife OUT on this one. The good news for Dalton is that this disaster was NOT his fault. The judges messed up on this and blamed it on him. How could ANYONE get out of first gear on this song?? It's not that type of song. It's a great song, but it's a jam that's meant to groove to, not be a competition fighting for your life. SHEESH!!

La'Porsha, "Hello": She did just OKAY, but, the good news for La'Porsha is I heard her sing it before (on one of her behind the scenes extras) and she sounded waaaaay better. It still was not a good pick for her to sing this at this stage.

Trent, "Waiting Game": Not perfect, but good enough to win this round. And win this doggone last season.

Third round: Trent got it.

Overall, I felt more care was taken when picking songs for Trent. It bothered me about a couple of songs for him, but I think the majority of the voters will vote for him, and he DOES deserve it. Dalton had two strong songs, so I see him get that second place position. La'Porsha could have been stronger with Hello, but I believe she allowed her disapproval with her second song affect her, which could have hurt her getting second place.

Taking into consideration of the whole season, Trent and La'Porsha earned the first and second places. With either of them winning. Dalton started off strong in my book, but at some point, he fell off and then he came back a week or two later. La'Porsha was the most consistent, so I can't be mad if she actually shocks us all and wins the whole thing. Trent was consistent as well, but sometimes different things made me give him the side eye. Congrats to all three no matter the outcome.

Leave a comment:

• believeinme246
    replied
    It is frustrating how the producers bias the show. When they gave La'Porsha a wonderful but most overplayed Adele song, I think they knew that much of the audience wouldn't want to hear it for the umpteenth time today. She was wonderful and did make it her own but I felt that they introduced a bias with that. I also thought the judges put down Dalton to skew the results. Scott is a country man and Trent is country. I like Trent though because he is as much in the 50s/60s as he is country. He is fantastic and would be a worthy winner. He doesn't need the biasing.

I do think that La'Porsha is light years beyond everyone, but would be happy if she or Trent won. I suspect as you said though that it will be a Dalton and Trent finale. I do love Dalton and I'm most likely to listen to his music but for a competition, I think La'Porsha or Trent should get the trophy.

Leave a comment:

• tiff5555
    replied
    Top 3 Contestants

I am worried about you He'sAliveToday...you did not post about the show .............This is what I thought of the show:

- Sad to see Mackenzie go!

- Dalton.......We know he is a heartthrob to the young ladies. I just hope he does not win because of THAT! He is one unique guy, I would say. I am also puzzled about the last song! They should have gave him another Billy Idol song or sang a Green Day song! That might have put him into the top 2 finals. Plus, his dancing may be great in the beginning...but in the end, it just got staled! LOL...........

- La'Porsha....she is perfect

- Trent, never noticed him until after the auditions! He made me cry with this show! His voice is amazing!

* The top 2: I think its going to be La'Porsha & Trent! I have a bad feeling though...it may be Dalton and Trent

Leave a comment:

• tiff5555
    replied
    Sad News Here!

Sad News Here....The Summer Tour of Idols has been yanked! And next week I think is 3 part finale! My heart is utterly upset that this has been rushed this season!

Leave a comment:

• tiff5555
    replied
    ^ I did not see the show yet...its on my DVR. Was going to delete anyways...I really don't know if I am into it because this season has been a big disappointment! I thought we were going to see the three original judges judge for one time. Thought Kelly Clarkson was great! Thought it would take things slow, but it keeps rushing. I wonder if the finale is in April? It would be the oddest thing. Even in the beginning of May ............Anyway, since you wrote this incredible post, YOU MAY HAVE SAVED ME FROM DELETING IT BECAUSE I AM GOING TO WATCH IT! I am sad that Sonika left................

Leave a comment:

• He'sAliveToday
    replied
    ^I do agree that Trent and his contemporary/pop is hot. Maybe he could be one of those crossover type artists. He sure can do it all...

La'Porsha, "Dead or Alive". Firstly, she should NOT have changed her hair. I believe this will hurt her (amongst other things tonight). It's like when you are all gooey about a guy with long hair or a beard, then you see him with a haircut or clean shaven. It could make/break a person's vibe. and as far as her singing Dead or Alive, yes she can sing ANYTHING. But just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Mackenzie, "I Want You To Want Me". I think I was more indifferent about this than anything. Keith used the "hate" word, in regards to the arrangement and I felt that was strong of Keith. At this point in the game, you must BRING IT, but Mackenzie did not on this selection. Too humdrum.

David Cook was okay.

Trent, "Sharp Dressed Man". Now, this was the first time during the whole competition that I actually considered Trent "sexy". I had the nerve to pop an altoid while he was singing, like I was going IN. Confetti.

Dalton, "God Only Knows". At this point, I was thinking that Dalton had lost his way in this competition. Then, later, I was reminded that he was Bipolar. That may play a lot into his ups and downs in the game.

Trent was the round one winner HANDS DOWN. Congrats for getting this far, Sonika.

La'Porsha, "Elastic Heart". She did a good job.

Mackenzie, "Titanium". I Liked his version better than the original.

Sia did a nice job with mentoring and her singing.

Trent, "Chandelier". I actually popped another mint. I'm done.

Dalton, "Bird Set Free". I really felt this. Dalton showed himself and it just may have save him.

Tonight was the first night in a long time that I am worried for La'Porsha. In the beginning, I didn't think the voters would get her and they would slight her for a weaker contestant and we would be crying "robbery". But Dalton redeemed himself, to me, by exposing La'Porsha. He sang Bird Set Free and it meant something to him. He sang that like her wrote it and I'm sure it rang that way. La'Porsha sang Dead or Alive and I think it was Scott that told her it was mistake because it had nothing to do with her. He was right. During Dalton's critique, I believe it was Keith that said something about preferring an imperfect heartfelt song over a perfectly sung song with no heart. Without saying it, I believe he was talking about La'Porsha.

Last week, I looked at some of the behind the scenes videos the contestant put out to their fans. La'Porsha was singing a number of different songs to get her viewers to help her choose different songs.... she sang Chandelier on one of those videos and it sounded great. I wonder if Trent got to pick first. Whatever the case, this night was Trents night all the way! La'Porsha is in trouble.

Leave a comment:

• tiff5555
    replied
    ^ Beautifully said, He'sAliveToday!

Side Note Here:

I know I have said it again and again but why the rushing of this show? Let it go slow and smooth and go out! Maybe because the judges wants to pick the right person to stay instead of the voters decision. It can be a good thing that they pick the right person to stay. It can be a bad thing because the voters wanted other person to stay Hmm.............Anyway, I think for Tristan. I felt sad that the judges cut her out. She was the front runner I think to win this competition. She and Emily Brookes! Emily had this country swag that could have made her the ultimate star in the country world! Tristan, I believe the public thought she was more of R&B, but was surprised that she wanted to go country. Now, there is no country singer in the competition. About Trent, I prefer to him to stay in adult contemporary/pop. His singing just blazes me so good! Reminds me also of a young Elton John or someone else who wants to be heard!

La'Porsha.........I think she will win this competition! Her singing is out of this world too! That Mary J. Blige song, it was my favorite and she nailed it with her emotions!
    Glad that Sonika got saved! Harry was right, her thought of American Idol while talking to Ryan Seacreat showed how much she really likes to be in the competition or show for that matter.

Leave a comment:

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
Working...
X