Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tiff5555
    replied
    ^ I have the episodes glued to the DVR! I am soo late and was going to express my thoughts, but since you wrote all, I have want to thank you for the critic...not sure if I am spelling that right on the 12 of the Top 24! I have watched the first semi final, not the second one. So here is I think how I felt of the first 12 performers. Not going into the duet because you said it all!

Steph - Mama Knows Best.....she is overrated pop performer. Pop genre has their moments. But right now, they are gone! Not liking her one bit!

Mackenzie - Say Something....He was my favorite but the song was wearing me out a little. I don't want him to go because he is gold and could do better!

Jeneve - Angel....I don't know how she could fit into American Idol, then again, this show is wholesome, so she does fitted into the show! I agree with Jennifer about fitting in, LOL...However, someone as her, IS A RARE RUBY IN THE JEWELS! THATS A VERY GOOD THING BECAUSE IF SHE IS REALLY GOOD AND CONNECTING WITH THE AUDIENCE OR MAYBE IN THE FUTURE WITH MUSIC LABELS, SHE COULD BE A BIG THING! JUST LOOK AT CARRIE UNDERWOOD AND KELLY CLARKSON!

Jenna - My Church....I actually was blown away with the song!

James- Love Lockdown.....Something creative! The judges though, gets me confused. They want the contestants to do something different to the artists songs and then later they don't. I just don't get it! Pick one, so they won't be confused next time!

Sonika - Safe & Sound....Her voice is pure sweet! Don't know if she would be in the Top 10!

Gianna - I Put A Spell On You....Thought she did a good job! Jennifer did not wanted to criticized her because she is friends with the mother! Double wrong here because she should follow the rules and tell the truth!

Emily Brooke - I Am Invincible.....The song was slow and then got fast. She outshined in the fast verses of the song! However, it was not a good song choice! Don't know if that was country but she should have chose the right country song. I know she was afraid to use Taylor Swift's songs, because she will compared too.......BUT SHE SHOULD HAVE BECAUSE THATS WHAT SHE REMINDS ME OF! AND SHE WOULD HAVE DONE WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Start slow of comparing and then separate into her own, I would say! That Scott, who would be helping her, would be a perfect fit into the entertainment world....I mean music!

Avalon - Love Yourself.........Perfect song choice! Don't know how long would she progress if she was in the Top 10. Maybe she needs a wardrobe change....she has too because she is in the music world! She may not to need to change too much but into the one that everyone will get attention for.

Jordan - All By Myself...Was weird when slow, but got perfect when high! Sorry Harry, BUT I LIKE OVER THE DRAMATIC STUFF! AND HE DID, IN MY OPINION WELL. Its just the beginning, that was off key...

Thomas - Creep.....He did okay...but he can be over forgettable...sorry

La'Porsha - Proud Mary...I don't know if she should know who is popular in the music world at this current stage or in the past. What I liked about her was, that she is not tied to one genre! Her performace, WAS GOLD! And Jennifer is jealous that she sang strong! She will be in the Top 10!

Anyway, I got to watch the duets and I hope I see who makes it or who does not....

Leave a comment:

• He'sAliveToday
    replied
    The Duet/results show was kind of a good idea. It exposed a number of contestants. Even when there was just Kelly Clarkson, I compared her to the professionals. From there, I've always gauged the contestants in that way --can they compete, not only with past winners, but could I imagine hearing them on the radio. You must be more than karaoke and you must know who you are...

1. Emily with Lauren: "Flat on The Floor". Thumbs down. This was big mistake SOMEBODY made by putting Emily next to a voice like Lauren's. I thought Emily would still go on, but she was axed.

2. Thomas with Nick: "Man in The Mirror". Thumbs down. Thomas did NOT remain true to himself. He made it the next round due to his track record.

3. Stephanie with Ruben: "Superstar". Thumbs up and down. SURPRISE! She wasn't first. This duet was good because of Ruben. Stephanie didn't make the cut. I knew she was a goner.

4. Sonika with Caleb: "Sky Fall". Overall Thumbs up. Sonika's voice was almost as strong as Caleb's. Sonika will be here next week.

5. Jenna with Scottie: "See You Tonight". Thumbs up. I liked them together. Judges didn't. I'm not surprised she didn't make it because her solo the night before did not rock.

6. La'Porsha with Fantasia: "Summertime". Thumbs up. I liked how they both showed restraint. It worked. La' Porsha's through to the next round. No der.

7. Mackenzie with Lauren: "I Hope You Dance". Thumbs................down. Did not like this for so many reasons. Lauren wasn't aware and Mackenzie forgot who he is. Mackenzie's prior night saved him.

8. Gianna with Nick: "Beautiful Life". Thumbs...........*this is gonna hurt*.............up. Gotta give credit where credit is due. Gianna demonstrated that she knows who she is. She will remain.

9. Avalon with Ruben: "Fly without Wings". Thumbs SO up. This was surprisingly the duet of the night. Tears and cheers they got from me! Good job, Avalon! She earned her promotion to the next level.

10. James VIII with Caleb: "Gimme Shelter". Thumbs down....yet up. I both liked and disliked this pairing. Judges didn't like and sent James packing.

11. Jeneve with Scotty: "Gone". Thumbs up. I'm going to speak on this because this is my girl. I believe both Scotty and Jeneve sounded good, had chemistry, and had a lot of fun. The judges just called it weird. She made it.

12. Jordan with Fantasia: "I Believe". Thumbs UP. Harry mentioned (I believe when critiquing James against Caleb) that if Harry were singing along side Steve Perry, Harry could set himself on fire and no one would notice. Well, I felt that Jordan was on his way out the door before he and Fantasia ever hit the stage. He could have sang with fire coming from his mouth and The judges were going to nitpick this performance and find a reason to let him go, because he and Fantasia sounded GREAT together. Fantasia is a powerhouse and Jordan kept up and complemented her. His mistake (which was clearly forgivable) was passing in front of Fantasia. The judges jumped on that and rode it like Zorro. Bye Jordan. His "All By Myself" and his "I Believe" should have been enough, but I believe the cornball vibe did him in.

Well, there's your seven to go on... Next week, the duets will be with:

Chris Daughtry
    Jordin Sparks
    Constantine Maroulis
    David Cook
    Haley Reinhart
    Kellie Pickler

Leave a comment:

• He'sAliveToday
    replied
    I'm going to try to get my .02 in before watching tonight's show, so, sadly, it won't matter any because by the time I'm done writing, I will watch to see which five from last nigh will go home... I will highlight the ones I believe have survived.

1. Stephanie Negrete (this girl is ALWAYS first , what's up with that?), "Mama Knows Best". She was first, but it fits because Stephanie is exactly what the last performer (La'Porsha) is NOT. Stephanie can sing, but I'm not sure if her voice is enough to keep her for the long haul.

2. Mackenzie Bourg, "Say Something". He was good, but not great, but his looks, styling and potential should keep him for next week.

3. Jeneve Rose Mitchell, "Angel". SO proud of her. I believe she stays.

4. Jenna Renae, "My Church". I'm not sure about this one...

5. James VIII, "Love Lock Down". Wrong song. GREAT chops. I predict staying.

6. Sonika Vaid, "Safe and Sound". I didn't love it, but she can sing. I put her in the same category as Stephanie N. Her Voice may not be enough.

7. Gianna Isabella, "I Put a Spell On You". She's far from a favorite of mine, but she has chops. The song was too big for her, but what she DID handle, she handled it well.

8. Emily Brook, "I Am Invincible". WRONG SONG WRONG SONG WRONG WRONG WRONG. Her ability and potential will no doubt save her though.

9. Avalon Young, "Love Yourself". So far, I dig the way she is keeping it REAL. Next time (if there is a next time, and I believe strongly there WILL be), she has to sing something that proves she can really sing and is more than just a brand.

10. Jordan Sasser, "All By Myself". First of all, I love men with long hair, but I must admit his short haircut was/is a plus for him. He reads cornball and I hope that doesn't count against such a nice voice.

11. Thomas Stringfellow, "Creep". The only thing I didn't like about this is that someone already sang Creep in this competition. Too soon for repeats. But, I'm not blind, and I can already see confetti falling all over this guy as the winner. I LOVE Him!!!

12. LA' PORSHA PORSHA PORSHA!! This girl is crazy! Crazy like a freakin' fox, that is.... It was like all the others were just opening up for her main stage show. And the personality in the performance was top notch. I generally get concerned that a performance this early in the game is dangerous, because you could peak out too soon, but I have no worries for where she'll take it from here. She is a BEAST!

I believe that's seven. We shall see....

Leave a comment:

• tiff5555
    replied
    ^ Thank you for the top 24! I still have to yet and see it all. Its on my DVR. I uh, really did not like Steph! She should not have went through.................. Okay, I had to peek on your post! I think I am going to root for the following people I really like:

- Mackenzie Bourg...He is very unique! Reminds me of Ed Sheeran type but on the cool vibe side!
    - Lee Jean...Hmm, reminds me of a black version of Justin Bieber. Justin has this good vibe side that every teenager girls love. Its the same for Arianna Grande, Taylor Swift and all the hip young celebrities.
    - Dalton Rapattoni....He reminds me of the front lead singer of Green Day! And a little bit of Adam Lambert! He is really good and I believe he will make it to the top 10!
    - Sonika Vaid...For some reason, her voice is just too sweet. If she knows Hindi music, she will do well in Bollywood!
    - Emily Brooke....I believe if the stars are aligned right, she may win this year of American Idol. That Scott, will come back to mentor and sign to his record label, IS GOING TO MAKE HER A TRUE STAR! PROBABLY A SUCCESS THIS YEAR, UNLIKE LAST YEAR!
    - Gianna Isabella...hehe He'sAliveToday, you are too funny! Her looks..kinds of makes me see a Mariah Carey!
    - Jenn Blosil...She totally reminds me of Jan Brady from The Brady Bunch! I swear! But her talent of singing, is undeniable!
    - Tristan McIntosh....he is something, that I have never seen in a African American guy! He has the looks and the singing that can spark interest to the viewers
    - La'Porsha - She is a powerhouse!

Leave a comment:

• He'sAliveToday
    replied
    ^You're welcome. And just in case you missed it, here are the top 24 (13 girls; 11 guys):

1. Stephanie Negrete, "This Girl is On Fire"

2. Shelbie Z, "Barracuda". This is the firs time I actually liked her.

3. Mackenzie Bourg, "I Can't Help Falling in Love With You", Keith acts like he's in love with this dude (always swooning). The young girls will eat him up, if Keith doesn't get to him first.

4. Trent Harmon, "Tiny Dancer" He's been a favorite of mine since the beginning... mono and all. Get well soon!

5. Jenna Renae (Didn't show performance)

6. James VIII (Didn't show performance)

7. Kory Wheeler (Didn't show...)

8. Adam Lasher (ditto)

9. Jeneve Rose Mitchell, "Ring of Fire". This is my girl all the way... For some reason I feel protective of her, like she's my little sister or something....

10. CJ Johnson, "Parachute"

11. Amelia Eisenhauer,"New York State of Mind"

12. Lee Jean, "Make it Rain". He's doing better than I expected of him. To bad his girl (Sara Sturm) didn't make it.

13. Avalon Young, "Yo...Excuse me Miss"

14. Dalton Rapattoni, "It's Gonna Be Me". I officially fell in love with this dude. He's on of the one I'm watching from now on.

15. Manny Torres, "Jammin'".

16. Thomas Stringfellow, "Story of My Life". His ex girlfriend will surely regret dumping him.

17. Sonika Vaid, "I Surrender". Her voice is flawless, but I doubt she'll get to top 4.

18. Olivia Rox, "Take Me All The Way". Crazy vocals and range!!

19. Emily Brooke, "So Small". Surely should go far in the comp.

20. Gianna Isabella, "I Still Believe". What else. Girl Bye.

21. Jenn Blosil, "The Hanging Tree". This girl is SUPER good.

22. Tristan McIntosh, "We Both Will Be Stronger".

23. Jordan Sasser, "Love Runs Out".

24. La'Porsha, "House of The Rising Sun". Man, this girl is fantastic, but I get the feeling..... I hope the audience surprises me and votes her all the way because her voice is off the radar.

Leave a comment:

• tiff5555
    replied
    Thanks for the info He'sAliveToday! It helped me a lot! I agree with you on Gianna, Jennifer is throwing favors to have this girl famous!

Leave a comment:

• He'sAliveToday
    replied
    After a little reading, I found out that Amber Lynn DID make it, but it's a mystery as to why they didn't show her. Jake didn't make it (I guess I missed that).

Another one of my faves that I missed the results on is Joshua Walker. Hmmm.... whelp, next week will tell it.

Leave a comment:

• He'sAliveToday
    replied
    ^Tiff, you keeping it 100 in your descriptions is kind of cute. I will say, I agree that Gianna (Brenda Starr's daughter) is not one of my favorites. She forgot her lyrics during the group round and everything... STILL went through. It's like JLo is throwing out favor because she knew Brenda from around the way...

A LOT of our early mentions didn't make it (Kerr C., Elvie Shane to name a couple). I'm crying foul on those two because they were super strong. Once again, I'm smelling a rat with these shows putting the fix in for a girl to win.

I picked up a couple of new ones to watch: Manny Torres and Tristen McIntosh. Both seem to have gotten better as the rounds have gone by.

Emily DID make it through... and so did my girl, Jeneve Rose Mitchell!

A couple of my early favorites (Amber Lynn and Jake Dillon) weren't spotlighted, unless I just didn't notice with everything going on.. Next week, they choose the top 24, so that will separate the wheat from the tares.

Leave a comment:

• tiff5555
    replied
    Hollywood Week...

My DVR only taped one instead of two. So I don't know what happened Thursday.

A few of my favorites got through! The Cancer girl did not, felt bad. She was shocked. Brenda S. daughter did well. And I still think, Emily will be in the finals!

Leave a comment:

• tiff5555
    replied
    Audition 6

This is the last audition of the Idol...its bittersweet and Idol did show clips of the past seasons. Anyway back to the highlights:

- Brian the fat guy...even though he was highly entertaining and he auditioned 10 times...he was not that good!

- Gina with her dog, Tinkerbell. She thought she was going to get through...her singing was like a Broadway star, but it did not sit well with the judges. She asked for one more song, but the judges said no. I guess with the matching outfits, no one can take you or anyone seriously!

- Cancer girl...don't know her name....she had the strongest voice! Can she carry with the stage presence, that has yet to be determined! With any singers, you need to sing well and have a personality. She only has the voice and her back story because she had cancer. Sorry if I am harsh, but I am beyond this. Okay okay okay...I too got sympathy for her and hope she goes through

- Bianca Espinal....had a strong voice and her daddy was playing the guitar while she auditioned for the judges. She got through and her daddy hugged Jennifer Lopez and she said that he was hot....

- Justin Sullivan...he did not went through but he literary was a big fan of Kelly Clarkson. He had a decent voice, but the judges passed....

- Lillian with the her song and guitar. Singing, "No Country Man", I think...the song was good but Harry was not buying it. Harry said no...but she got through and Keith was digging on her voice and song

- Zack Person....sometimes, a rare jewel would appear on American Idol or in the music world. Good examples are: Chris Brown, Rihanna, Carrie Underwood, Bruno Mars, Sam Smith, and so on. This guy, was one of those...and he killed it and got through!

- Collette Lush....the judges loved her, but I did not Thought she sounded okay....

- Steph...she reminded me of Nicole from The Pussy Dolls. The girl group...I wonder if I pronounced the group wrong. Anyway, she was not great and I liked how Jennifer Lopez told her that her runs, was not good. She should not have went through, BUT SHE DID....

Anyway, I don't know how I am going to explain, the Hollywood Week round....I have it on my DVR and still have to watch. I hope some I mentioned here, makes it through....well good night!

Leave a comment:

• tiff5555
    replied
    Audition 5

Highlight of this audition:

- Poh was good! Her voice was strong...but she ain't no Rihanna, Keith Urban

- Clay Aiken was pissed at one contestant! He really shut it down with the contestant and told him what was on his mind. Clay KNOWS how to speak! He was disgusted at the contestant performance! Surprised that the contestant thought it was good...uh, it was good for Broadway, but not at music competition shows. Sorry...bye Felicia!

- Ameila...the red head with the violin, did good. Voice was strong.

- Mackenzie did 3 medley of the judges songs. It was unique and he got through to the Hollywood round.

- 2 "old" brothers...yeah, they looked like they were in the 40's instead of 20's...their singing was weird and boring. They did not got through.....

- Mario Bonds....THIS MAN MADE ME CRY! He sang, but his emotions of his singing was real. It was sad that the judges did not see that and could not let him go though...but they let the fat man go through which I will discuss in Audition 6! I felt soo bad and why judges. They had to speak about cutting contestants out who had their hopes high.

- Emily Brook...she auditioned last year and was cut in Hollywood week. She came back and she was strong on her game! I think she is the one to beat! If she wins this year of Idol, and the mentor Scott is on board this year, he will make this young girl into a superstar like Taylor Swift! The problem...I am having with the music industry is, that there is no singer over 20's who can become a massive superstar. Its always the very young newbies that are in the game. It was never like this back in 90's. 80's or so what. Its sad that last year winner, never got to showcase a proper success. Anyway, I think she is the one to beat this year!

Leave a comment:

• tiff5555
    replied
    Philly

Here was some highlights from Philly and glad that Clay Aiken was vocal of the contestants.

Brenda Starr daughter: I don't believe she should have went through...her voice was not strong enough!

Issac Cole: He really is good! Has the Justin Bieber's hair!

Ellis Banks: Even though he did not go through, he made a statement that was true! No one is going to get through if they don't perform well. He was entertaining, in a weird way.

Jenn B.: I seriously thought she reminded me of Jan Brady from The Brady Bunch! She was weird and I heard that she was going to sing Radioactive by The Imagine Dragons, I was about the fall from my seat! However, she really did moved me! She was darn really good!

Harrison Cohen: He did his own song and thought he was good.

John Arthur: His back story, haunted me in a bad way. Its because his family should not be able to put guns around where the kids can play! Back to the audition, he was good and was on Broadway. But Harry thought he did not fit into American Idol! Hello, what about the last year winner? Last year winner reminded me of this one! I feel like Harry and the judges wants a younger person to win because right now in this society for awhile now, younger artists are more recognized than the other ones...It was never like this in the 80's and before it....Anyway, this guy got through!
    Last edited by tiff5555; January 24, 2016, 01:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• He'sAliveToday
    replied
    Great show on Thursday. Wednesday was filler for me, but Thursday produced some surefire winners! I must admit, after watching, I was ready for the LA portion to start. Then previews for the upcoming week was teasing that they've "saved the best for last".

This week's standouts were:

Amber Lynn, Unaware........FABULOUS VOICE

Thomas Stringfellow
    , Give Me Love...... teenyboppers are going to eat him up!
    Big ups to Harry again for mentioning Rev James Moore when critiquing Tywan "Tank" Jackson, Superstar. What's up with all the Gospel shoutouts, Harry??? Are you trying to tell us something??

Jake Dillon
    , Danny's Song.......this was a personal standout for me because although the judges didn't drool over this guy (I think he got one "no" and one "maybe") before he barely made it in, when he sang, it sounded like the radio to me. We'll see.

Ashley Lininoe, Black Velvet..... I'm only mentioning her because she was perplexing for me. I both thumbs upped and thumbs downed her. I liked her voice, but I can't get with her vibe for now. It's like her first impression bothered my, but in the end, she may become my favorite. Crazy.

Elvie Shane, House of The Rising Son.....This is one of the people I was like, GO HOME to all other contestant. No need to apply after this dude blessed the mic. Game over. THEN, they came with all this "saving the best for last" stuff for next week.

There is mention that Kelly Clarkson is supposed to come on as a guest judge/mentor, not sure if it's for one or multiple episodes, or the full season....

Leave a comment:

• believeinme246
    replied
    If Harry walked off the stage while I was auditioning I'd have really been thrown. He's so over the top with trying to be funny that he doesn't have a clue how rude he is. I really like how he brings the elements of music theory to the show but he's really too into himself. This isn't the first time he's walked off stage either. I find that the show has become more about the judges and their relationships than the singers. Keith Urban is the only judge who really seems to want to develop the talent and cares about them.

Leave a comment:

• tiff5555
    replied
    ^ Keep on writing here! I have yet to see tonight's....

Leave a comment:

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
Working...
X