Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Idol: The Final Season!!!!

Told myself today, I have to watch the final season of American Idol! Had in the past...sad to see this go!

Are you going to watch for the last time?

I will most definitely watch it --as I have for ALL past seasons. It IS sad to see it go. I am one of the supporters of this platform and I hate that it will end.

For the past however many seasons I have been a poster on this site, AI has had WAAAAAAY more comments than The Voice. Those two have always been "compared" on some level. Well, from what I could tell (I don't keep up with the actual viewership tally), The Voice is now losing it's ratings like AI was blasted when Voice first came on the scene.

I still feel that both shows are good, but I've always like AI better. Too bad. I wonder how long The Voice has before it's met the same fate... Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by He'sAliveToday View Post
      I will most definitely watch it --as I have for ALL past seasons. It IS sad to see it go. I am one of the supporters of this platform and I hate that it will end.

For the past however many seasons I have been a poster on this site, AI has had WAAAAAAY more comments than The Voice. Those two have always been "compared" on some level. Well, from what I could tell (I don't keep up with the actual viewership tally), The Voice is now losing it's ratings like AI was blasted when Voice first came on the scene.

I still feel that both shows are good, but I've always like AI better. Too bad. I wonder how long The Voice has before it's met the same fate... Anyway.
      You always have good things to say about AI! Sad that the show will go.

Comment

First Auditions

Thought this episode was good! Liked several people:

Lee Jean
        The Worship Guy who was married.
        Indian Girl
        The guy who sang Elton's song on his guitar!
        The guy who lost his mother to cancer

And I can't believe Kanye showed support to AI. Or Ryan told him to do so.

Comment

Good riddance to American Idol. I used to like it in the first season but beyond that I got sick and tired of all the changing when it came to the judges, including the backstage politics.

Comment

Second Auditions: Little Rock & San Francisco

Thought the auditions was good! Thought the last girl at the end of the show, has a real chance! The girl with the chicken, should have went through!

Comment

^Tiff, I haven't forgotten... I just keep forgetting to write down the ones I like. But I disagree about the girl with the chicken. I liked the country boy that sang R&B waaaay better than her. But I shall return once I've taken my notes....

Comment

^Okay, I want to get my two pennies in before tonight's show. Tiff, I want to agree with you about:

Lee Jean ........ Sang I See Fire and played guitar pretty unexpectedly well
                The Worship Guy who was married......... I believe THIS is Jordan Sasser, sang Celine D's song. I'm expecting his wife to come back in a different city, because she felt some type of way after Jordan went through...
                Indian Girl ......... If you are speaking of Sonica Vaid, (father was told to comb his hair, by Ryan), her voice was SO PERFECT
                The guy who lost his mother to cancer ..........
                This is Kerry Courtney, sang Black Sun....FANTASTIC! The intense look on his face will help him become a star. LOVED this dude.

Actually, I enjoyed these plus so many more. I probably have liked a majority of the "Yeses", but I will only post the ones I believe are top ten and beyond material/potential:

Jeneve Rose Mitchell ...... played the SMACK out of that cello. Sang Chain Saw.

Joshua Walker ....... sang Stay and crushed it.

Kerry Courtney ........ Mentioned him above and I believe his story, his talent, his uniqueness will take him far.

La'Porsha Renae ..........Sang Creep. She is definitely FIRE enough for top ten and even the win, but I doubt if the public will support her. Too bad. Her voice is GOALS. and Shout out to Harry C. for mentioning the great Gospel singer, Zacardi Cortez. Who knew Harry knew?? Big ups!!

Trent Harmon ........... Sang Unaware. This is the country dude I mentioned in another post. I hope he's for real and not just imitating for audition purposes because I LOVE him.

and I'm not sure if he's top ten and beyond, but special mention to Brandyn Burnette. He sang an original song, Lost, at the piano and it was a buyable/hearable song. Liked him and his song a lot.

Comment

^ Keep on writing here! I have yet to see tonight's....

Comment

If Harry walked off the stage while I was auditioning I'd have really been thrown. He's so over the top with trying to be funny that he doesn't have a clue how rude he is. I really like how he brings the elements of music theory to the show but he's really too into himself. This isn't the first time he's walked off stage either. I find that the show has become more about the judges and their relationships than the singers. Keith Urban is the only judge who really seems to want to develop the talent and cares about them.

Comment

Great show on Thursday. Wednesday was filler for me, but Thursday produced some surefire winners! I must admit, after watching, I was ready for the LA portion to start. Then previews for the upcoming week was teasing that they've "saved the best for last".

This week's standouts were:

Amber Lynn, Unaware........FABULOUS VOICE

Thomas Stringfellow
                      , Give Me Love...... teenyboppers are going to eat him up!
                      Big ups to Harry again for mentioning Rev James Moore when critiquing Tywan "Tank" Jackson, Superstar. What's up with all the Gospel shoutouts, Harry??? Are you trying to tell us something??

Jake Dillon
                      , Danny's Song.......this was a personal standout for me because although the judges didn't drool over this guy (I think he got one "no" and one "maybe") before he barely made it in, when he sang, it sounded like the radio to me. We'll see.

Ashley Lininoe, Black Velvet..... I'm only mentioning her because she was perplexing for me. I both thumbs upped and thumbs downed her. I liked her voice, but I can't get with her vibe for now. It's like her first impression bothered my, but in the end, she may become my favorite. Crazy.

Elvie Shane, House of The Rising Son.....This is one of the people I was like, GO HOME to all other contestant. No need to apply after this dude blessed the mic. Game over. THEN, they came with all this "saving the best for last" stuff for next week.

There is mention that Kelly Clarkson is supposed to come on as a guest judge/mentor, not sure if it's for one or multiple episodes, or the full season....

Comment

Philly

Here was some highlights from Philly and glad that Clay Aiken was vocal of the contestants.

Brenda Starr daughter: I don't believe she should have went through...her voice was not strong enough!

Issac Cole: He really is good! Has the Justin Bieber's hair!

Ellis Banks: Even though he did not go through, he made a statement that was true! No one is going to get through if they don't perform well. He was entertaining, in a weird way.

Jenn B.: I seriously thought she reminded me of Jan Brady from The Brady Bunch! She was weird and I heard that she was going to sing Radioactive by The Imagine Dragons, I was about the fall from my seat! However, she really did moved me! She was darn really good!

Harrison Cohen: He did his own song and thought he was good.

John Arthur: His back story, haunted me in a bad way. Its because his family should not be able to put guns around where the kids can play! Back to the audition, he was good and was on Broadway. But Harry thought he did not fit into American Idol! Hello, what about the last year winner? Last year winner reminded me of this one! I feel like Harry and the judges wants a younger person to win because right now in this society for awhile now, younger artists are more recognized than the other ones...It was never like this in the 80's and before it....Anyway, this guy got through!
                        Last edited by tiff5555; January 24, 2016, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Audition 5

Highlight of this audition:

- Poh was good! Her voice was strong...but she ain't no Rihanna, Keith Urban

- Clay Aiken was pissed at one contestant! He really shut it down with the contestant and told him what was on his mind. Clay KNOWS how to speak! He was disgusted at the contestant performance! Surprised that the contestant thought it was good...uh, it was good for Broadway, but not at music competition shows. Sorry...bye Felicia!

- Ameila...the red head with the violin, did good. Voice was strong.

- Mackenzie did 3 medley of the judges songs. It was unique and he got through to the Hollywood round.

- 2 "old" brothers...yeah, they looked like they were in the 40's instead of 20's...their singing was weird and boring. They did not got through.....

- Mario Bonds....THIS MAN MADE ME CRY! He sang, but his emotions of his singing was real. It was sad that the judges did not see that and could not let him go though...but they let the fat man go through which I will discuss in Audition 6! I felt soo bad and why judges. They had to speak about cutting contestants out who had their hopes high.

- Emily Brook...she auditioned last year and was cut in Hollywood week. She came back and she was strong on her game! I think she is the one to beat! If she wins this year of Idol, and the mentor Scott is on board this year, he will make this young girl into a superstar like Taylor Swift! The problem...I am having with the music industry is, that there is no singer over 20's who can become a massive superstar. Its always the very young newbies that are in the game. It was never like this back in 90's. 80's or so what. Its sad that last year winner, never got to showcase a proper success. Anyway, I think she is the one to beat this year!

Comment

Audition 6

This is the last audition of the Idol...its bittersweet and Idol did show clips of the past seasons. Anyway back to the highlights:

- Brian the fat guy...even though he was highly entertaining and he auditioned 10 times...he was not that good!

- Gina with her dog, Tinkerbell. She thought she was going to get through...her singing was like a Broadway star, but it did not sit well with the judges. She asked for one more song, but the judges said no. I guess with the matching outfits, no one can take you or anyone seriously!

- Cancer girl...don't know her name....she had the strongest voice! Can she carry with the stage presence, that has yet to be determined! With any singers, you need to sing well and have a personality. She only has the voice and her back story because she had cancer. Sorry if I am harsh, but I am beyond this. Okay okay okay...I too got sympathy for her and hope she goes through

- Bianca Espinal....had a strong voice and her daddy was playing the guitar while she auditioned for the judges. She got through and her daddy hugged Jennifer Lopez and she said that he was hot....

- Justin Sullivan...he did not went through but he literary was a big fan of Kelly Clarkson. He had a decent voice, but the judges passed....

- Lillian with the her song and guitar. Singing, "No Country Man", I think...the song was good but Harry was not buying it. Harry said no...but she got through and Keith was digging on her voice and song

- Zack Person....sometimes, a rare jewel would appear on American Idol or in the music world. Good examples are: Chris Brown, Rihanna, Carrie Underwood, Bruno Mars, Sam Smith, and so on. This guy, was one of those...and he killed it and got through!

- Collette Lush....the judges loved her, but I did not Thought she sounded okay....

- Steph...she reminded me of Nicole from The Pussy Dolls. The girl group...I wonder if I pronounced the group wrong. Anyway, she was not great and I liked how Jennifer Lopez told her that her runs, was not good. She should not have went through, BUT SHE DID....

Anyway, I don't know how I am going to explain, the Hollywood Week round....I have it on my DVR and still have to watch. I hope some I mentioned here, makes it through....well good night!

Comment

Hollywood Week...

My DVR only taped one instead of two. So I don't know what happened Thursday.

A few of my favorites got through! The Cancer girl did not, felt bad. She was shocked. Brenda S. daughter did well. And I still think, Emily will be in the finals!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X