Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw the show, which was this past Wednesday. It was not that exciting like the few past episodes. I saw what Quinten did I dont believe he meant by harms of expressing his thoughts on the bottom 2 people, but Harry took it a bit further to make rewind my DVR to see the action again. I saw E! News today on E!, (for those who don't know) The host was saying that Quinten should have never done that. I do think he may be going home next week because of that, but I hope not.

Anyway, Rayvon got saved again, and Joey went home. I do have to say, Rayvon is a very good singer, however, its not what America is looking for at this moment. I don't know why. Good voice don't always cut it for America. America wants personality to come with the singing!.....I actually don't know twitter followers did saved Joey? She has talent....hmm.....I hope next week, we see something more! Please go back to those past few episodes, AI! They were entertaining!

Comment

I've been sooo busy these past few months and haven't had the time to write as many posts as I'd like to. I try to read them regularly, but posting is something else. BUT, I logged on just for this very reason.... the thing with Quinten.

I didn't watch E nor anything about this, but I'm glad the first feedback I've been privy to was kind-of-sort-of in my same opinion family. I was (and still am) really disappointed with HARRY because of that exchange. Firstly, Ryan ASKED Quinten how Quinten felt. If I recall correctly, Ryan pressed Quinten to say what was on his mind. Quinten was only being honest about his feelings.

Quinten doesn't even strike me as someone who goes around poopooing opportunities... why would he flippantly say that the show sucks or is whack?? He wouldn't and he did NOT. and I thought Harry was more in tuned with things than that. Is Harry THAT green or square or out of touch with colloquialisms or was Harry just itching for an (-other) opportunity to get a dig in on Quinten?? EVERY week Harry has something negative to say to this kid and I'm proud of Quinten for always responding "yes sir" to his crap.

and then JLO should have just stayed out of it... don't get me started on her.

I agree, Rayvon IS a good singer. He may just fight his way to the end! You can't take anything from him if he's just plain old out-singing his opponent each week. I think (so far) it's working to his benefit. Forget the fluff of whatever, it's time to sing. It's just a shame that Joey got gone before Jax. I HOPE Jax is next out with her over-rated self.

Prayerfully, Quinten won't suffer because of what went down, because his second selection (which came AFTER being shaken up by the Harry nonsense) was probably one of his worst. I hope his voters rally for him, but not at the expense of Rayvon. I only say Rayvon because he's comfortable in the ring, just bouncing up and down, looking for the next "punk" to step up and get beat down. I honestly don't believe either Rayvon NOR Quinten should go home next week, because they are two fighters that are showing that they really want this...

Remember Jena Irene?? She was second place to Caleb Johnson's win last season. Well, THIS is who I believe Jax is trying to sound like. It ain't working. Admittedly, I liked Jax during her audition. It's gone downhill from there in my opinion. Just listen to her critiques. They don't even talk about her singing, they talk about her dress, her hair, her dog walking... ANYthing but her singing. They try to distract the audience because they would love for her to to go all the way. I pray her voters catch on.

Comment

.....^ I guess you don't like Jax. I feel like she will win the competition and what the younger generation needs. I love Jena Irene....what ever happened to her? And thank god you saw what I saw in Quinten! Quinten only mentioned it sucked that Joey and Rayvon was in the bottom two and did not wanted them to go home. E! News was agreeing with Harry ....and Harry was the one who did not understood what Quinten was talking about.

Comment

I love Harry, but I don't think he should have said what he did to Quinten, and I agree that he completely misunderstood what Quinten meant. Quinten was only saying that Joey and Rayvon are both incredibly talented; they're his friends, and it sucked that one of them had to go home. I was really hoping that Harry would apologize last night...

I have a lot of mixed feelings about this season's show. I think it's one of the most interesting batch of contestants, both men and women, that A.I. has had in years, but I don't think any of them is being properly mentored behind the scenes. We should be getting WOW performances every time from each one of these contestants - they're all capable -- but they're frequently choosing the wrong songs, the band is too loud, and no one is singing in key. A little guidance please!! I don't know...I feel as though I should be more enthusiastic about the show, with this crop of talented contestants, but I'm not feeling it. Very disappointed.
          Moore ideas
          SOC Moderator
          Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
          "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

I'm just bored as I can be this season. I don't think they got a diverse enough group of starter contestants. I haven't been "wowed" by many performances at all the whole season. I miss having a contestant that would WOW me every week like Chris Daughtry or David Cook. If it weren't for Keith Urban, I certainly would have taken the show off my DVR list by now and tuned in again next year hoping for a better crop of singers.

Comment

Originally posted by Moore ideas View Post
              I love Harry, but I don't think he should have said what he did to Quinten, and I agree that he completely misunderstood what Quinten meant. Quinten was only saying that Joey and Rayvon are both incredibly talented; they're his friends, and it sucked that one of them had to go home. I was really hoping that Harry would apologize last night...

I have a lot of mixed feelings about this season's show. I think it's one of the most interesting batch of contestants, both men and women, that A.I. has had in years, but I don't think any of them is being properly mentored behind the scenes. We should be getting WOW performances every time from each one of these contestants - they're all capable -- but they're frequently choosing the wrong songs, the band is too loud, and no one is singing in key. A little guidance please!! I don't know...I feel as though I should be more enthusiastic about the show, with this crop of talented contestants, but I'm not feeling it. Very disappointed.

There were others who felt that Quinten, should have not burst out that behavior...which I believe, was taken out of content I really don't know what is wrong with these people....Quinten did not do anything wrong! I am sad for him to be gone.
              Does anyone know that AI cut the top 10 tour to 5? Yeah, thanks to those, you will not be able to see talent like Quinten and Qassim this summer Its going to be a boring tour....

Comment

I'm sure it's a LOT less expensive to take 5 acts on the road than it is to take 10 acts on the road. It makes sense for them to cut it down, especially since the most of the Top 10 are never heard from again after the show anyway. The way it's been going in recent years, most of the Top 5 acts haven't made an impact on the charts.

Comment

You guys are all right in your assessments. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but Moore said it best: It's in the mentoring. There has been a lack of true support for the talents for the past few seasons and it's evident how important that is. and especially for this season, the nurturing aspect is missing.

Most of these are green kids with Similac dripping from their noses. Great singers, no je ne sais quoi. That's why album/single sales and tour tickets have and will continue to suffer. It's not the talent, it's the lack of support from TPTB.

That tour will be painful without performance from the Qs. Both Quassim and Quenten brought swag to the stage. Joey did as well. These three NOT being there will be a mistake and I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB create "special guest' spot for those that will be missed. So contrived...

Comment

I feel like all the interesting performers have left the building with both Q's and Joey gone now. So sad. I feel like people are voting for which people's personalities they like the most not for the performances/singing.

I like Rayvon as a person, he seems nice. But as a singer he doesn't move me at all.

Jax is adorable. But her singing doesn't inspire me either.

I love Clark, but I feel like he's going backwards rather than forwards with his song choices.

And I also adore Tyanna, but she's also not sounding as good as the beginning.

It's weird. Jax was wonderful with her first Beatles song, but she's lost me since then. And Clark too was amazing at first but he seems stuck now.

And I feel sad about both the Q's because they both had such amazing artistry and were great performers but they didn't get the right kind of mentorship either.

I think all of them are being let down.

I like Nick as well, he sings well too. But I don't find him all that exciting either.

And I miss my quirky Joey who sang in such a unique way!

Comment

Yep, I agree with ya'll who posted today and everyday!!!! I do see a big improvement in Nick!!!! And Tyanna is not good like she was. Jax, is still my number one...and Rayvon, is not cutting out....nice voice, but no personality to drive him to the forefront. I think its him & Tyanna at the bottom two next week....and I think Twitter save is gone.

Comment

I thought whoever did Yesterday did a great job, but then following up with a Beiber song was a stupid move. I'd never heard that song before and thought it was terrible. Maggie Mae was good too. I thought Tyanna was AWFUL on the Miley Cyrus song. I had to wonder how Dido's "White Flag" qualified as an "Arena" song. She's a one-hit-wonder. Has she ever even played in an arena????

Comment

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ent...-1227325496338

If there's any truth to this report, it would seem that Keith won't be able to be a judge tonight since he's in Australia for a funeral. Condolences to the family.

I hope they don't get Adam Lambert to fill in again. I can't stand him.

Comment

^ Keith was at the judges panel table tonight...or yesterday I would say....Tyanna went home and I think Rayvon may be on another winning streak next week! Nick did well, but Clark & Jax, is wearing me a little bit.....

Comment

OMG, if Rayvon wins AI I will throw something at my TV! I really dislike him. Now my lovely Tyanna was sent home. I hope either Nick, Jax or Clark is the final person standing.

Comment

I thought Jax did an excellent job last night; she and Joey have/had the two most unique voices on the show, I think. I actually like Rayvon, although I might be in the minority here, and enjoyed his performances last night too. I think Clark might go next week. I've liked Clark, but he didn't bring it last night, and I didn't like his attitude! It was too bad that Tyanna had to leave, but she's very talented and still young, so I think she has a very good future ahead of her, with plenty of time to continue growing in her art.

Honestly, as I've said before, I think the entire batch of top ten this year has been the most talented group, as a whole, in a number of seasons, but their talents are not being brought out to their fullest capacities. And I still think that Harry owes Quentin an apology!
                                Moore ideas
                                SOC Moderator
                                Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
                                "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X