X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • extracat
    Senior Board Member
    • Jun 2013

I don't like Jason Aldean's "bro country" songs, so I wasn't a fan of Maddie's song choice, but I do think she's good and I hope she makes it another week. You said it's not her year because the other contestants aren't country... I think it could be her year precisely for that reason. Too many of the other contestants blend together for me. She stands out. And since she's one of the few contestants the country audience is really going to gravitate toward, she may have a shot. Joey stands out, but I'm not sure she's likeable enough or another Sanjaya. Also it was disappointing to find out that she doesn't create these arrangements herself, it's a computer program. Daniel was just okay. I think he should have waited a few years to be there.

Comment

• tiff5555
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jul 2007

Originally posted by extracat View Post
      I don't like Jason Aldean's "bro country" songs, so I wasn't a fan of Maddie's song choice, but I do think she's good and I hope she makes it another week. You said it's not her year because the other contestants aren't country... I think it could be her year precisely for that reason. Too many of the other contestants blend together for me. She stands out. And since she's one of the few contestants the country audience is really going to gravitate toward, she may have a shot. Joey stands out, but I'm not sure she's likeable enough or another Sanjaya. Also it was disappointing to find out that she doesn't create these arrangements herself, it's a computer program. Daniel was just okay. I think he should have waited a few years to be there.
      You have a point on Maddie! I am not a big country fan at all. I am strictly pop and R&B, but...I also think with the mentor Scott, if she wins AI, she may be the next big thing in country...Daniel, well he is talented, but his singing voice, not at all. I think he is our next Sanjaya....

Comment

• extracat
        Senior Board Member
        • Jun 2013

I like rock, country, and little bit of pop. I don't like R&B at all (well, for the most part). They really left the rockers out this year, but it's not as bad as it was that year Mariah and Nicki were judges and they TOTALLY stacked the deck with the worst group of guys ever to make sure a female would win. It was obvious that year they were determined that a "white guy with a guitar" would not win for the 5th or 6th year in a row. They didn't even let a WGWG into the Top 24.

I'm not as into Idol this year as I have been in the past, but I do like this panel of judges. I hated the Mariah/Nicki year. Ugh. That year got so bad, I would just listen to a snippet of the contestant, then fast forward to what Keith had to say and then skip the rest. If they had kept that panel, I don't think I would have been able to keep watching even though I LOVE Keith! (Have seen him at in concert at least 30 times!) I still think Idol is better than The Voice too. I gave up on that show a couple of seasons ago.

Comment

• He'sAliveToday
          Senior Board Member
          • Jul 2011

I actually like ALL and ANY genre of music, when it's done right... But, extracat, you are SO on point with thinking that Idol is better than The Voice. I've always felt this way and I believe more people feel this way. Exhibit A: Where's The Voice's thread?? But that's neither here nor there.

I will share what I DON'T like about either show though. I don't appreciate the talent being sacrificed for the pimping of the judges. It should be all about the talent and I hate when the public votes for a winner, yet the winner gets forgotten. It's especially like this on The Voice. This musical chairs bs is ridiculous. When you are in the judges chair, your focus should be ON THE SHOW. Not you tour, your movie, your blah blah blah. If you can't do both, then step aside (permanently).

Now, done with rant. I like a few of these contestants (mostly the guys). I actually like Joey a whole lot better than Jax, surprisingly. Last week, I kind of fell in love with Tianna though. She did well with her Tight Rope rendition, but she won my heart with her affection for her mother. I was tempted to vote for her. It was the first time this season I actually wanted to vote, but i didn't. If Tianna does well again, I think I'll vote this week.

Comment

• tiff5555
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Jul 2007

Saw the March 19 episode.....Teen boppers should not placed votes for Daniel, just for his looks. His singing...well is just awful. Something that we won't here on radio. Harry got it right two weeks ago, and Daniel is not ready. Jax chose the right song and Joey did a good job. Nick and Quentin did an awesome job! Maddie...uh....I personally still think its not a country year. Glad the judges saved Qaasim, but its double elimination next week....

Comment

• extracat
              Senior Board Member
              • Jun 2013

I wasn't impressed with anyone too much this week. Daniel is too young to be there. His voice isn't mature enough. I think it's too early in the game to save ANYONE so I think they wasted the save on Quaasim. They're going to regret it later when someone gets eliminated around week 5.

Comment

• leehaven24
                Scriptwriter
                • Jan 2007

At least we won't have to listen to the judges thinking about the save, as it's over !!

Comment

• tiff5555
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  • Jul 2007

The save was quick...but it looks like 2 more people are going home tonight. Lets hope its not the good ones and we see Daniel again, ugh...

Comment

• tiff5555
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    • Jul 2007

I saw the Wednesday's night performance, 80's edition tonight....I have to say, IT WAS THE BEST SHOW EVER SINCE....I really don't know! David Hasseloff was singing, and Boy George was singing with the contestants on stage, was in the audience and was their mentor too. It was fantastic! It was beautiful...very beautiful! Lets get onto the contestants:

Rayvon did an okay job. He needs to stop on falsetto.

Joey, had a struggle tonight! Her voice did not match the song, even though her outfit did!

Jax, did a good job with the Bon Jovi song! People sure are loving her!

Daniel...ugh!!!! His singing abilities, are not even there! People needs to stop calling for his looks to get into the next round. He has to go...

Clark, did a stealer job!

Adanna, well it was sad to see her go!

Maddie...like I said before, its not a country season/year to be chosen as an Idol. I guess the country fans are going pop because of Taylor Swift!

Qaasim, did an okay job...nothing too special.

Quentain, did a fantastic job! I don't know how long he would stay though....hopefully we will see!

Nick, hit it out of the ballpark! He did an amazing job!

Tyanna, she did an decent job.
                    [/QUOTE]

Comment

• extracat
                      Senior Board Member
                      • Jun 2013

I loved Jax's take on Bad Name. Bon Jovi is my favorite band ever so I can be a harsh critic of someone doing one of their songs, but I loved her arrangement and unique take on their song. I'm very disappointed that Maddie got cut. There's too much of "the same" among the other contestants for her to be let go because she stood out, especially when Daniel got through yet again when he so obviously needs to go home. I thought Tyanna did a great job. Joey picked a great song for her style (though I guess it's really not HER style since she said she uses a computer program to get her ideas). I don't remember who sang Man in the Mirror, but I liked that too. For the most part, the guys aren't doing anything for me this year.

Comment

• aliasocfan
                        Board Regular
                        • Oct 2006

I was really hoping this theme was an April Fools joke. I am obsessed with Kelly Clarkson, but people should not cover her songs. They really should have avoided her hit singles. The War is Over, Addicted, Sober, You Love Me, Haunted, Irvine, If I Can't Have You all would have been better choices. No, we got people butchering both Stronger and Since You Been Gone.
                        People who were good: Jax, Quentin, Clark - Points to Joey for her arrangement. I just didn't like it.
                        Meh: Nick, Tyanna
                        Terrible: Daniel, Qaasim and Rayvon.
                        Thank God Daniel is now gone.

The show would have been better if Kelly had just sang all the songs. Loved her as a mentor though.

Comment

• tiff5555
                          Aspiring soap scribe
                          • Jul 2007

I liked yesterday's episode too! I wished Kelly could have sang with the contestants and came out and hug/interacted with a contestant, like Boy George did last week!

Here are few highlights that struck me:

- I actually like Qaasim's performance! The judges were not feeling it, but I guess they wanted him to go harder on the song! Its A+ from me!
                          - Nick did a good job
                          - Tyanna....I think the bullying experience, got her some love This is what a 16 years girl should are, because she mentioned she had no boyfriends. I am happy that there is a one who is decent to make good choices, unlike some, half or most teenagers in life.
                          - I still like Quentin's & Joey's performance ...I guess they should do a little bit more to get our attention
                          - Jax did okay...I think her hype may be dying on me
                          - Clark, did a good job...but he is also dying on me
                          - Rayvon, I actually thing he did a decent job, but he again, dying on me
                          - Happy that there was a twitter save and Daniel was sent packing

Comment

• extracat
                            Senior Board Member
                            • Jun 2013

I'm glad Daniel went home, but I didn't even bother watching this week's episode. I'm just not caring about this group of contestants and after I read several reviews the next day about how everyone pretty much sucked, I decided not to bother with it.

Comment

• extracat
                              Senior Board Member
                              • Jun 2013

What was the theme and who went home this week? I'll watch it if I have time Sunday afternoon. This weekend shouldn't be as busy as last.

Comment

• tiff5555
                                Aspiring soap scribe
                                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by extracat View Post
                                What was the theme and who went home this week? I'll watch it if I have time Sunday afternoon. This weekend shouldn't be as busy as last.
                                If my mind isn't clear...it was 100 Billboard Songs. And Qaasim went home! Ryan did the Twitter Save again...I guess that's staying. Rayvon was in the bottom as well. I don't know what Rayvon sang, but it was good, once again! Qaasim went home because he sang "Hey Ya" by Outkast, which was the overplayed song and the song, I really hated!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He did gave a good performance because he was moving around. There is more I have to say...Jennifer Lopez wanted Clark to have this swag to him, to make him pop out to the audience. And AI cut the summer tour to 5 contestants So I don't know how this was going to work.....no more Top 10 performing in arenas...

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X