• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HoosierGirl
    Board Regular
    • Apr 2004

Masterchef Junior kids 8-13

I've never seen this before! I watched tonight and was truly amazed at the talent these master chief kids ages 8-13 have in the kitchen.
    The judges were so sweet to these children while they were preparing there food and there to pat them on the back when they were having problems... No screaming....
    My children loved helping in the kitchen when it came to cooking. My son especially. He wanted to be a chief, but his talent was drafting.
    I'll be watching this show!
    The live birds about killed me, it was a turkey, duck and chickens. It would bother me after seeing them knowing they were alive, then preparing them. The chicken was the choice to prepare, kids were going around trying to catch a chicken, than were told these chickens weren't the ones they were preparing that they'd be set free and live a long life!
    A little girl remarked her grandmother looked like the turkey... LOL!
    When I was little I spent the weekend with a girl who lived on a farm. Her mother took me out back and told me to pick out the chicken we were going to have for dinner. I wouldn't do it and in horror I watched her grab a chicken ring its neck and chop its neck off. I cried and when we sat down to eat I passed on the chicken!
  • mamabarri
    Senior Board Member
    • May 2013

well shoot,i didn't realize it started already! you'll love this show,hoosier,the kids are always a hoot!

Comment

• HoosierGirl
      Board Regular
      • Apr 2004

I have talked to others about these youngsters, they're glad to hear about such young ones are in the kitchen instead of in front of the TV with video games.
      I know I'll be watching these junior masterchiefs!

Comment

• mamabarri
        Senior Board Member
        • May 2013

and isn't it cool how nice they are to each other? and how proud they are just to be on the show?

Comment

• mamabarri
          Senior Board Member
          • May 2013

i was really sad to see natalie go,she's brilliant with regular food! and as someone who is also not that good with desserts,i really felt for her. jessica,not so much,i think she was over confident because she's won prizes.
          i'm really falling in love with abby,oona and josh!

Comment

• HoosierGirl
            Board Regular
            • Apr 2004

I was sad to see Natalie go myself.
            i like Oona and Sean!
            It was so cute when Oona said my brain tells me how to do it!
            I like how the judges are so good with these youngsters! Especially Chief Ramsey!
            Junior Master chief is already getting ready to round up jr MC in Chicago for the next season.
            I have to give a High 5 for these young master chiefs.
            Good show, but it's heart breaking to see these kids go home.

Comment

• mamabarri
              Senior Board Member
              • May 2013

it is just so sweet to see how kind to each other they are,especially to the ones going home. and they genuinely LIKE each other,i wish the grownups would take a tip from these brilliant and kind younguns!

Comment

• GoodWillTalking
                Executive Poster
                • Jul 2008

Yes, it does make you wonder at what age the kindness and empathy genes die off in humans, because the wanna-be adult chefs can be such jerks to each other.

Comment

• mamabarri
                  Senior Board Member
                  • May 2013

you know, i'd like to see a high school version of this show, to see if teens would be more like the adults or more like the kids.
                  i suspect that high school is where the loss of empathy begins, i know i was bullied in high school,until i went to a vocational high school.
                  that didn't happen there,we were expected to be a team and act like adults. 35 years later, i'm still in touch ith those schoolmates, and not the ones i grew up with. life is interesting,isn't it?

Comment

• dragonldy
                    Recurring Poster
                    • Mar 2011

That little abby is adorable and smart. She's just an amazing little one. Her parents must be so proud..

Comment

• HoosierGirl
                      Board Regular
                      • Apr 2004

^^^
                      yes she is a really adorable little girl!
                      I can't get enough of these little Jr MC... My hubby even likes too watch them... He never liked Chef Ramsey until he saw how sensitive he is with the jr MasterChefs
                      I will be watching next season that's for sure!
                      Teens would be interesting to watch...

Comment

• mamabarri
                        Senior Board Member
                        • May 2013

she is, isn't she? my chef board was really impressed with her dish, several said they could see that being on a restaurant menu!
                        my hubby loves the junior show too, he says they remind him of my nieces when they were munchkins.

Comment

• He'sAliveToday
                          Senior Board Member
                          • Jul 2011

I LOVE these kids!! They demonstrated that genuine "comradery" during the first season, and they're continuing the flavor. My favorite to watch is that Herbert Hooveresque dude. He's a hoot!! At first, I wasn't rooting too wildly for him, but he has grown on me and I want him to continue to do well.

There used to be a Project Runway for kids, but THOSE were NOT like these kids. Which goes to show, kids don't automatically possess the "empathy gene" mentioned.

Comment

• GoodWillTalking
                            Executive Poster
                            • Jul 2008

I read that Judge Joe has decided to bow out of the Master Chef shows.

Comment

• mamabarri
                              Senior Board Member
                              • May 2013

he'salive, do you mean samuel, the 12 year old? he's growing on me too, especially after he realized that 8 year old abby IS a contender, and complimented her!
                              goodwill, i saw that's he's got a couple of shows himself now, i wonder who they'll use in his place?

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X