Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for Italy with Stanley Tucci

I quite literally wanted to gobble up this show during the first episode. CNN Sundays at 9PM. It seems to fit the slot of the late Anthony Bourdain's
    travel and food show just a tiny bit.
    Watching Stanley cram a handful of fresh Buffalo mozzarella into his mouth at the factory made me drool. His second wife Felicity ( sister of Emily Blunt)
    is sometimes in scenes.
    If you watch, you would be advised to have a large pizza on hand to avoid food envy! Tons of location scenes from Italy.
    A La Familia !

I wanted the pizza they were having!

Julie & Julia is one of my favorite movies. It’s one I can watch any time. He’s perfect for the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald Greens View Post
      I wanted the pizza they were having!

Julie & Julia is one of my favorite movies. It’s one I can watch any time. He’s perfect for the series.
      That pizza made right in front of ST in the street shop with three ingredients? OMG !
      I have Julie and Julia on DVD and have watched it in secret about 6 times. This show may put 5 pounds on me.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
        Emerald Greens commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the traditional pizza is not elaborate. There isn’t much to it but they have their ways of making it delicious!

What a time to watch this when I am trying to lose weight!

@ Emerald Greens- I think each region in Italy believes that their way of cooking anything, is almost a state secret and must be preserved, including
      pizza! I have been mostly in Tuscany and Roma, and Venice, but they all cling to their local traditions.
      Did you know that Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada, is famous for their pizza?

Comment

I haven't seen it yet but thanks for the heads up. I loved Lydia's Italy and I love Stanley Tucci. I'll try to find it and get back to ya.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
          Rubythroat1 commented
          Editing a comment
          On CNN Sunday night at 9pm.

• namers
          namers commented
          Editing a comment
          I have to see if it's uploaded to their website if I can't watch it live.

Last episode was devoted to Lombardy and Milan. Different not only in food but also in language. I could see Stanley having a harder time keeping up with the Northern lingo.
        I have never even tried Risotto and dislike Polenta. There seems to be more of a hustle bustle and business, urban vibe to Milan. I think I was more attracted to the food of the
        South. There was a visit to a mountain pasture area with cheeses that take about 15-18 years to mature and cost thousands per round. A boutique place that is struggling to avoid
        government and developer interference.

Comment

Make sure you are armed with lots of snacks and preferably a full stomach after a meal, to watch these shows. Next one has Stanley's Mom cooking a meal with him
          and saying in a New York accent, that "when she was married she did not even know how to boil water"...but obviously learned.

Comment

Good thing Stanley Tucci filmed this show when he did--Italy just went into lockdown again due to a third wave of Covid variant.

Comment

OMG, a burly chef in Milan took Stanley meat shopping and bought about half a cow for the barbecue. He prepared raw Steak Tatare for an appetizer
              and then two 4 inch thick TBones....by this time I had to get my husband a tissue for the drool !

Comment

The sixth episode in Sicily and another island, is the last one of series one. With another lockdown in Italy, the next series may be delayed. Their food is quite different from the mainland Italy.
                A lot more exotic spices and outside influences. I am hooked, Stanley!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                Working...
                X