Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dancing With the Stars

It was announced that Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews have been let go as hosts of the dancing reality show. Tyra Banks is going to be the new solo host. She was on Entertainment Tonight discussing it and she said the move was to "bring the show to the next level." Whatever that means. She is also apparently an executive producer on the show too.

I love Tom and I'm not really a fan of Tyra, so I'm really kinda upset about this. I also heard/read that Tom wasn't told by the ABC brass about his departure, but that he read it when a press release was issued. Which is so not cool of ABC if true.

I know Katelyn Bristow of The Bachelorette was asked to be on the show recently, but I don't know who else is supposed to be on. I honestly don't know if I can watch with Tyra as host.

Anyone else have some thoughts or opinions about this development?

Well, that just stinks!

I had heard that both Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews were "leaving the show", but I didn't know they were dumped. I assumed that maybe Tom had decided to retire, especially since doing this show will probably be a bit more complicated right now, and that Erin may have had better offers, or was just tired of doing it. But, I mean, way to reward loyalty and professionalism!

Moore ideas
    SOC Moderator
    Please email me with questions or comments.

Dumbledore to Harry:
    "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."

Comment

• savytabby
      savytabby commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree totally Moore ideas. It stinks. It stinks big time!

I am very disturbed to hear how Tom found out. He is the show to me. I still remember the early seasons where he got to do one of the dances and he was so brave. He chose the quick step, which is the kiss of death in most competitions. He was adorable and his cute humor made what could otherwise be a monotonous show be rather palatable.

Comment

• Moore ideas
      Moore ideas commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I agree that Tom has been the heart and spirit of the show. Such a professional and also seems to be a genuinely nice person. I wonder what the show's "new direction" is going to be. Ugh!!

• Rubythroat1
      Rubythroat1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Tom is a witty comic. He has calmed down the judges on occasion with wit--
      Especially Len. The perfect go- between.

Thanks for the information. Sorry to hear about Tom and Erin leaving as host. I love Tyra Banks ever since her supermodel days in the 90’s she’s a legend with an awesome personality. Just a person anyone would like to be around. I’ve seen her host a talk show that was her name the Tyra banks show, America’s next top model. Looking forward to watching her host dancing with the stars.

Comment

I will miss Tom & Erin, i thought they were great hosts. I do like Tyra, so very much looking forward to her hosting.

Comment

Did anyone else watch DWTS last night. All that I can say is that I miss Tom Bergeron terribly. He had so much warmth and I loved his subtle humor. I'll give TB time. I saw her on one of the Talent Shows in the past, and she doesn't come across as a warm character. She's beautiful and fun but I always feel that she's posing and more about her appearance than those around her. Maybe she just needs to get comfortable in the role.

Comment

ICAM with you believeinme246. She doesn't have the warmth and engaging personality as Tom, and I didn't see from the premiere what they mean by taking the show to "the next level." I saw the same old, same old. But, like you, I will give it some time and hope it gets better.

Comment

I miss them too and won't watch. I don't like her myself but I understand they wanted someone more culturally relevant. I used to watch Tom Bergeron on an early morning show Fox After Breakfast for a spell.

Comment

I love Tom and will miss him. I wish they had gone with Tom and Tyra at least. I do like Tyra. On ATM she was over-the-top, but I thought she was good and made the show. On this show, she's not exactly in her high fashion world element, but I want to give her time. She's under a lot of pressure with so much backlash,and it's as if she can't do anything right as far as pleasing the fans. One has to wonder, too, if she had any part in the decision to fire Tom. She IS an executive producer. She has said wonderful things about Tom and Erin. They do seem a little bitter, and I don't really blame them, but if what happened is not Tyra's fault, then I just hope it will all work out.

Comment

Originally posted by savytabby View Post
                It was announced that Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews have been let go as hosts of the dancing reality show. Tyra Banks is going to be the new solo host. She was on Entertainment Tonight discussing it and she said the move was to "bring the show to the next level." Whatever that means. She is also apparently an executive producer on the show too.

I love Tom and I'm not really a fan of Tyra, so I'm really kinda upset about this. I also heard/read that Tom wasn't told by the ABC brass about his departure, but that he read it when a press release was issued. Which is so not cool of ABC if true.

I know Katelyn Bristow of The Bachelorette was asked to be on the show recently, but I don't know who else is supposed to be on. I honestly don't know if I can watch with Tyra as host.

Anyone else have some thoughts or opinions about this development?
                I am also a fan of Tom and Erin, and watched a reel with Tyra on ET with a Skype from Tom B. It was not exactly well defined, and had some tension in it.
                The only person I would be eager to watch is Johnny Weir.
                Lots of mystery in those firings.

Comment

I think that if they wanted a more youthful element, rather than firing someone as adorable and loved as Tom Bergeron, they could have had contenders in the junior championship division to pair up with stars from Nickelodeon and Disney. I think that would have given a whole new generation a love of ballroom and Latin dance. We had one contender with the little boy from General Hospital, but expand that. I would love to see a new generation learn a love of dance and I think that preteens and teens would go crazy on the voting.

Comment

I cannot imagine that Tyra Banks will fill the comedic hole, that will open up with the loss of Tom and even Erin, or be able to deal with Len and his eccentricities, the Wildman
                    and Carrie Anne-no adjectives there.

Comment

I feel really bad for Tyra. People are calling for her firing for reading off the wrong couple in the bottom two. She says that's what was on her card.

Replacements have such a hard time. It wasn't Tyra who chose to let Tom and Erin go, it was the producers. She simply took a job.

Her style is so different and she appeals to a different age group, which is what the producers wanted to shake up what they said was a stale old show. They took a risk. However, it isn't Tyra's fault, so I feel really bad that people are attacking her personally.

Comment

• kristendny
                        kristendny commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I was very open to giving Tyra a chance, but she's terrible. I don't think hosting is among her skill sets. Maybe, as a model, she's used to attention, being center stage, and having the world revolve around her. I honestly don't think she wants to make the show "all about her" but she can't break certain habits. The worse thing is, this is a beautiful woman, and I don't know who is making the choices for her hair and her clothes, but they are not doing her any favors. The outfits are ghastly. The producers were wrong to think Tom or Erin had anything to do with DWTS being old and stale. Tom is beloved by fans and everyone who's worked with him. It had to do with the fact that they were scraping the bottom of the barrel for stars after a while, and they do get a few good ones each season, but the barrel scraping hasn't changed. Carol Baskin, really? Tyra is an executive producer, so I'm not sure she has nothing to do with the choices, but they need to make better ones. The ratings have been abysmal this season.
                        Last edited by kristendny; October 7, 2020, 10:04 AM.

Agree, it's not a very interesting show and they probably should have waited until they could have a studio audience.

Comment

Alright, I'm still watching because: dancing and music.

Tyra looks ridiculous as usual.

Double eviction, I mean elimination.

The opening videos were cute for those fans.

Bruno has too much makeup on that clashes with his new, "no more dying my hair".

Skai deserves 10's for routine #1. 9's.

Carrie-Anne: the blonde (wig?) is just nooooooooo!

Justina is a confident person; can she get 10's? Ugh, whoever is butchering Roxanne and why would Sting allow that? One 10 by Derek.

Let's go Johnny Weir! Some nice flips in there. My critique is maybe too much shoulder action? 9's.

Nelly's next. Bruno cracks me up. Nelly's neck. Lol. Don't care for the grimaces. 9 8 9

Gee willikers, the pros are sooo good!

Nev fox trots in pink. Only good reviews. So give him the damn 10's! They did!

Kaitlyn is up. Great choreography! 10's!

Justina dancing contemporary. You can hop, skip and jump in contemporary! They loved her. 10's for the 48 year-old Latina woman.

Skai: Viennese waltz. 10's.

Honestly, I could have done without the preview to Big Sky because I wanted to be surprised.

Johnny: contemporary. He looked like he was skating. Derek, "I want to give it an 11!" 10's.

I am old; I don't know these songs!

Nev. Oops, I missed the dance reading headlines. And the scores!

Nelly. "She's annoying as hell like a little sister". The Jive. They loved it. 10's.

Kaitlyn and her story about her bestie dying. I can't even imagine. Contemporary. She was terrific. 10's.

Okay, who's leaving? Tyra, that's who should be leaving. She talks like she's reading the prompter.

Johnny looks disappointed .

Derek votes to save Justina. Skai looks like she thinks it's her. Carrie-Anne votes to save Justina based on her performance during the season.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X