Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survivor 40 Winners at War

I know Survivor chat has really dropped in recent seasons, but is anyone planning to watch? I’m not thrilled that exile or extinction is coming back, but hopefully it works different this time.

I watched the Special this week, and it was cool to see some great moments from the show’s history, kinda made me want to rewatch.

Lanfear, I will be watching this coming Wednesday, but I thought this was #39 and about all the contestants being returnees including some winners. I saw Boston Rob
    and Sandra again, and I think I spotted Parvati.

I read about a problem they had the recent season, with a male survivor who actually got taken off the game due to complaints he was too "touchy feely".
    Jeff Probst said they would be changing some rules and interviewing contestants for #40 more carefully.

Comment

I'm going to watch it ... I watched Survivor for quite a few years in the beginning and then stopped watching. But I came back a couple of seasons ago and started enjoying it again, so I'll watch this new season.

Comment

Well, this 40 season is a lot better than the last four. Right off the bat, I did not like Tyson and Sandra. Everyone has their bugaboos about people, but Sandra is a bully
        and a backstabber. She was out to get Amber from the word go. Amber took it with quiet dignity. After all--she knows the important thing is her husband and four kids at home.
        Looks like I might stick to it this time around.

Comment

I'm watching it but within 5 minutes of the beginning of the first episode, I was ready for Sandra to get voted off. I know that will never happen to "The Queen" but I'm still hoping for it. When I first heard about this all-star season, I was soooo hoping that it would be a throwback to the way they played in the original season(s). I've had it with the 3,942 "Hidden" (they practically trip over them on the path leading back to their camp after Tribal!) Immunity Idols that show up. Some players know that they don't have to compete that hard in challenges because they know they're bound to find an idol in a nearby tree trunk or can sweet-talk someone into giving them their own idol. As much as I despised Richard Hatch, I do miss the old days of Survivor.

Comment

It's interesting seeing earlier players adjusting to the pace of things now, but I do hope the season isn't too twist heavy, or that at least they make sense, and aren't just stupid "idols right on the path" twists.

Comment

There are so many idols and clues I cannot keep track of who's got what. I cannot stand Sandra--she is a bully and has no sense of humor.
              I can tell that Rob is holding in his fury at Amber being sent to Extinction, for the sake of his social game.

Comment

Originally posted by mox28 View Post
                I'm watching it but within 5 minutes of the beginning of the first episode, I was ready for Sandra to get voted off. I know that will never happen to "The Queen" but I'm still hoping for it. When I first heard about this all-star season, I was soooo hoping that it would be a throwback to the way they played in the original season(s). I've had it with the 3,942 "Hidden" (they practically trip over them on the path leading back to their camp after Tribal!) Immunity Idols that show up. Some players know that they don't have to compete that hard in challenges because they know they're bound to find an idol in a nearby tree trunk or can sweet-talk someone into giving them their own idol. As much as I despised Richard Hatch, I do miss the old days of Survivor.
                Me too. This season has a tinge of the old series, but there is still too much of the "hidden idol" and sabotaging going on. Things that make no sense.
                A survivor should rely only on their instincts and social skills. The past four winners did not, IMO, deserve the money.
                I liked the old days of people hunting and fishing for their food. Real survival skills. Remember Rupert?

Comment

Remember them eating rats in season 1? Now, when I want a more realistic survival experience, I watch Naked and Afraid, and the XL version. I’m sure there’s still outside interference, but I enjoy it.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
                    Rubythroat1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The Brits have a celebrity survivor that is a hoot.
                    I think it is called "Celebrity in the Jungle".

@Rubythroat1: I'm not familiar with "Celebrity in the Jungle" but I do remember an American show from several years ago called "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!" This was on at the time Jennifer Lopez was either married to or recently split from Cris Judd, who wasn't bad on that show and seemed like a decent guy. I enjoyed that show, especially watching them whine about now having the luxuries they were so used to.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
                    Rubythroat1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Celebrity in the Jungle is a show from the U.K. I got bits of it
                    off Youtube.

Well, Boston Rob got the blindside. At least he is now with his wife Amber. It occurred to me that there are few of the contestants that I can even stand to watch or root for.
                  Particularly Sandra now. I will keep watching but thank you for the Fast Forward function. Mostly during the backstabbing and Jeff's "psychoanalysis" sessions at Tribal council.

Comment

They are getting all the biggest players out fast. Last week Boston Rob, and this week, Parvati AND Sandra! Great move by Denise, even if I did hate to see Sandra go. THIS is why I don't mind EoE this year, because it means the greats are still around, with a chance to get back in.

Comment

woah at Denise, that was some move. I liked both Parvati and Sandra but Parvati didnt play as ferociously as in the past....and I like that Denise saw right through Sandra.
                      That was some episode, I actually audibly gasped when Sandras name was read
                      JC
                      SOC Moderator
                      soapcentral.com
                      Questions? Email me: JCmojoe81

Comment

I have not been able to watch my recording this week, but having read the above I am now eager to view it. I think it is hilarious that Sandra (the Queen) who orchestrated
                        the exit of Amber, will now have to deal with both Rob, Ethan and Amber on the other island. Rob, Amber and Ethan are the ones I am watching for.

Comment

I finally saw the episode, and was struck with how resigned Sandra was to going to extinction. She practically threw her idol away to Denise. From now on things may get pretty interesting.
                          I'm wondering how the show will handle the reunion, with the Covid thing and no audience!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X