Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID and O2: Investigation Discovery and Oxygen - True Crime

Who's watching all the true crime stories on ID or O2?

I've been a fan of true crime forever. I even have a 28-volume encyclopedia of criminals and their crimes!

My favorite shows are Homicide for the Holidays and with kitschy titles like, "New Years Evil; Silent Night, Lethal Night and Thanks Killing, how can you go wrong?

Other faves include: On the Case with Paula Zahn; See No Evil (CCTV); Evil Lives Here, which has the most creepiest opening montage and really trippy 1st person horror stories.

You gotta love Homicide Hunter, Lieutenant Joe Kenda. The actor who plays him is a former Sheriff himself. I love that Joe Kenda drips in sarcasm; he makes me laugh. It's his last season and he'll be missed.

Anybody else have this fascination besides me?

You ain't alone. I love watching ID. I don't watch Oxygen. I never think to...not even sure I can even get the channel. I think I can.

Homcide Hunter is awesome.

I've also watched The Coroner: I speak for the Dead, Deadly Affairs (wish that still airs), Deadly Women, Karma's a B, Who the Bleep Did I Marry?, Behind Mansion Walls, and others

Comment

• namers
      namers commented
      Editing a comment
      I have seen The Coroner and Deadly Women. There's so many that they could easily fit into one series but they keep coming up with new titles. Then when I see one show covering a murder that's been done already, I think, "C'mon, aren't there other dead people you can feature?". lol

• VixensVamp
      VixensVamp commented
      Editing a comment
      If I'm not mistaken, they took a show and basically renamed it. And I wish I could remember what it was!

HOMICIDE HUNTER.

I am totally blown away, no pun. I knew the show was going to end and the last episode was so engrossing, so tragic and yet so hopeful that I'm how much I'm going to miss Lt. Joe Kenda. I watched and when I learned that he retired 23 years ago, I thought, "Wow, I wonder what he did next?" Rather than give it away, I will just say how absolutely satisfying it was to watch his real life struggles, his total commitment to his job but ultimately to his family, to himself and his future leading up to how he actually became, "Homicide Hunter". Bravo to Carl Marino who portrayed Joe Kenda with such grace, and to all of the Colorado Springs detectives and journalists that brought the stories to life.

I may go back and watch early episodes that I haven't seen.

"If you kill, I WILL find you."

Comment

• VixensVamp
      VixensVamp commented
      Editing a comment
      That was pretty cool, what he ended up doing.
      I loved that his wife was the one that pushed him into doing the show.
      Also, Carl is hot!

• namers
      namers commented
      Editing a comment
      Wasn't it though? He looked so happy. And yes Carl is! He's had other bit parts and I look forward to other roles he's doing. Have you watched since the beginning?

It appears that Lt. Joe Kenda is now narrating another show called, "American Detective" where he reviews murder cases around the country. I was just reading his bio on Wiki and he's really very interesting and it's odd that he finished being a detective in 1996!

Anyhoo, it's great to see him again and hear his salty sarcasm. It's on Discovery + I'm not going to subscribe but maybe I would get a 7-day free trial when more shows load for later binging. The 1st episode is previewed on ID.

Well, my my my.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
    Working...
    X