Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hell's kitchen: Rookies vs. Veterans(season 18)

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Your TV Guide, IS RIGHT! The 14th Episode, is something! I did not see this one coming!

Comment

i don't have enough words to express my admiration and respect for motto, what an amazing young man! we will hear about him in the future, i hope, he is such an inspiration!
      so, ariel's in, but we expected that, lol! i HATE continuations like this, just TELL us, for pete's sake!

Comment

• tiff5555
        tiff5555 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am a bit mixed with Motto....not saying I am mad....yeah, he threw me off on the Friday's episode. So this upcoming week, is the Season Finale of this Season.

Motto was amazing!! He was so inspired by all he had learned, he chose to take that knowledge back home to his city. (His competition was seemed sincerely moved!) I hope Chef Ramsey does stay in touch with Motto.

Comment

i get that, tiff, i really do. i felt that way when chris left on his own.
        AM, if motto calls, gordon will answer, it's how he is with chefs he knows are worth his time. i think it may be a couple of years, but i DO think we'll hear more about motto ,probably from gordon. he's very good about follow up too, especially for fan faves.

Comment

• AMHardulak
          AMHardulak commented
          Editing a comment
          ^^Tiff, I'll be there! HK has become my favorite show (and I don't even cook--LOL).

• tiff5555
          tiff5555 commented
          Editing a comment
          ^ Supercool! .......

• mamabarri
          mamabarri commented
          Editing a comment
          AM, i hope you'll join us for masterchef jr. in a couple of weeks too! and masterchef( adult version) as well.
          tiff and i LOVE the jr. version especially, but the adults are fun too.

Part 1 & Part 2 Season Finale
        I only saw Part 1. Part 2, I have not seen...but if you guys saw it, please feel free to mention it. I will come by later for Part 2. I felt for Part 1, both the ladies, was cooking Latin food for the final dinner challenge. I told my brother this...because it surprised me. I would think one would cook something different than the other. I even said, Gordon should have chose Bret than the other, cuz what they cook, would be the same.

Mia, I have to say, she can definitely deliver in her cooking. She does have good karma that can be challenging for others. They can hate her or join with her.

Ariel, I felt like I never paid attention to her I'm the beginning of the show. She was never in the elimination rounds. I paid attention to her in the middle of the season, because she was not in the elimination rounds or who I personally thought, could make it in the final 2. I thought she and Motto would make it. But Motto decided to give his heart to his hometown. Not that we should be sad about. But for me, he should be in the final 2. He is that good. I am surprised that T & Jennifer did not made it to help the finale. My brother said, "Why would Gordon ask Jennifer back after what she said?", lol. Yeah, that's true. Anyway, tomorrow or the next day, I will get to respond to Part 2.

Comment

• mamabarri
          mamabarri commented
          Editing a comment
          brotherfriend is right, lol! jennifer was a big whiny jerk far too often, and especially at the end.

Tiff, I don't want to comment until you watch Part Two

Comment

AMHardulak Aww buddy! That is sweet of you! I finally saw Part 2......what was appealing to me was that Gordon loved Mia's dishes and was not impressed with Ariel's. The final dinner services was very strong...but if Gordon is looking for a leader, that would have to be in Ariel. Mia did, surprisingly good...I think more push for Mia, would have probably got her to win.

I sort of knew Ariel was going to win....in midway of the season. Thought it was going to be her and Motto. But it did not panned out that way. I am going to do a reflection of this whole season. (Another post, after your Season Finale posts). Would be interested what you and mamabarri have to say of the whole season too..

Comment

^^Glad you saw Part Two (I don't think I could have waited!)

I was very happy that Ariel won. Mia IS ridiculously talented, and has an inherent gift. At times, she probably DID "out chef" Ariel! But, Ariel exhibited an amazing ability to work with people while under pressure (this was never more evident than during the diner service Finale, when she respectfully directed her own staff of peers). That keen ability is what cemented the deal in the mind of CR, IMO.

Comment

well. so. congrats to ariel! AND to mia! as a retired chef, i thought they both did a great job leading their service, but ariel has the experience needed for the job right now. don't get me wrong, i KNOW mia could do it, but she needs to get over feeling persecuted first. i understand how she feels, and i was in my late 30's before i TRULY got over it.
              i am also positive that motto would have made the finale if he had stayed, and tiff, i hope you're right and we can see him again as an all star. he would have won, imho. for such a young man, and being short too, he just EXUDES self confidence and also kindness. it ain't easy to stay kind in the field, and i hope mia can learn that from ariel. i absolutely loved it when ariel said she will hire mia if she can! they would be such a great team...gordon would end up losing them to them opening their own place, lol, and he'd encourage them, i'm sure.
              all in all, it was a good season. but i think i prefer the separation we got previously, with having the occasional all star season, and mostly unknowns the other seasons. looking forward to masterchef jr. next!

Comment

^ ^ I agree with you ladies!!! Ariel was consistent in her dinner services and Mia was talented with her dishes. The only thing that Mia flop, was at those dinner services challenges.

Comment

• mamabarri
                  mamabarri commented
                  Editing a comment
                  one of the things she could learn from ariel is instant adaptation. in other words, how to go with the flow. work now, panic later, lol!

Reflections of this Season
                I thought this season was interesting, cool, and crazy like bananas. I really liked it. Did not liked how Gordon took the groups apart, because the vets was failing. I also felt that the rookies, did not appreciate the vets too. And the vets like, they knew it all, lol. Which at times, they did...at other times, full of it, lol. Out of all of the cast, I felt like I wanted to root more for Heather. I knew her the most and she almost won. Wished I would have said it in this thread, but I was feeling more of Jennifer, lol! I knew she was not going to win, but liked her spirit, until she balled out on Gordon, lol!

With the other cast, Jose, I felt like he was going to be in the top 5. But he was cut short cuz he could not lead. Gizzy, I thought was another one. But with not believing in herself and making different kinds of food, she felt short to Gordon.

Mia, yes she had skills and was very cocky! It made others, jealous of her. Her skills drove her to the top 5 and beyond. And Gordon really liked her.

Kevin, now I thought would have made it to the finale. But he told others of how comfortable he was living and had 4 business. He was less excited for the challenges, that got him eliminated.

Motto, he was the most consistent in the game! He would have made it to the Top 2. The problem with him was, he did not leave his heart back in Louisiana. If he did, he would have been in the Top 2!

Ariel.....I knew it midway, that this girl has not been up for elimination! She was consistent! I felt good picking her. I would say I was right all along, but I dont. I knew it midway, she was going to be in the Top 2.

T, Rowe, and Bret...another good cast I want to root for. Loved Bret's quick confessions, lol. Sad that they did not uped their game more.

Trev....I felt this man was eagar to be on Team Gordon, lol! He told Christina, he was willing to do anything to work for Gordon. I wonder if Gordon wants him, lol

Anyway, it was a good season. I wonder what you guys thought of this season?

Comment

you know what, tiff? i don't think i can state it better than you just did! brava!

Comment

mamabarri Really? You probably state it better than me with all of the seasons and know that who would actually win. I guessed midway that it's going to be Ariel with the 2 others, depending it was Motto or Mia. I did not liked with the Finale, it was the two same themed dishes. If Motto was in the game, it would have been perfect! Ariel won because she was consistent in her dinner services. Mia was too, but she was fluttered in her dinner services. Her food thou, was on point! Felt bad for Bret thou...

Comment

Originally posted by mamabarri View Post
                      AM, i hope you'll join us for masterchef jr. in a couple of weeks too! and masterchef( adult version) as well.
                      tiff and i LOVE the jr. version especially, but the adults are fun too.
                      Thanks so very much! I am not much of a chef, but Masterchef Jr. is my all time favorite show. The abilities of these kids . . . mesmerizing! Can't wait.

Comment

tiff, my darling, THIS season , YOU were the one who nailed the majority of the predictions, and i'm proud to pass you" the crown", lol!
                        AM, see, that's the thing. as long as i've been talking food shows here, i've been the only chef, lol! but even i learn new things, which is saying something for an old girl like me. sometimes people ask me how i would do a challenge, or exactly how to do something a contestant has done, and i really enjoy being able to help them understand just how easy it can be. believe me, SOME of the folks i've worked with who have spent years in school are NOT good cooks at all, they're TOO educated. the absolute BEST chef i've ever met was a young autistic man i trained who went on to become my city's best chef 3 years in a row. he made me proud,and was the first one to call me mamabarri.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X