• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jennifer_dahan9
    Day Player
    • Aug 2019

Meredith get happily ending

if Alex and Lizzie can get back together with twin than why not find way have Derek is alive and have be kidnapped?

I think MerDerk have happily ever after
  • savytabby
    Soap Addict
    • May 2014

OK, so I watched last night's episode mainly out of curiosity and just stated in another thread how I felt like I didn't recognize the show or the characters anymore. Didn't care about any of them.

Having said that, the one thing that did catch my attention was that CIA type guy or whoever he was. Whatever that was about -- and I admit I wasn't paying that close attention -- but it made me think of this post @Jennifer_dahan9. I immediately wondered if this guy could be somehow connected to Derek? Like you said, if Alex and Izzie could get their HEA after all this time, why not Derek and Meredith? Though the A/I story was more plausible because we always knew Izzie and those embryos were out there somewhere whereas we saw McDreamy die, supposedly .

And as great of an ending that would be, with the clout EP now seems to have on the show, I am not sure she'd be in favor of that. I have always gotten the feeling she and Patrick Dempsey did not part on the best of terms. But if the show did decide to go that way, last night I could see the groundwork possibly being laid.

Comment

• samson2
      Soap Addict
      • Jul 2006

This is marked spoiler? Is this confirmed or even true, or is this speculation.....
      wow , Derek back.

Comment

• savytabby
        Soap Addict
        • May 2014

samson2, it is all speculation. Not sure why the OP marked it as a spoiler, but I believe it's just speculation that MerDer could get their happy ending when Alex and Izzie managed to get theirs.

And it's possible EP gave credence to it herself by saying alex's departure was the best possible story because it gives credence to the actors who started GA's and set the foundation for the show that it still standing all these years later -- and yes that would be EP, PD, JC, KH, SO, CW, JP, TRK and the guy who played Burke. Then Addison, Mark, Lexie entered the scene, along with Callie and Arizona. To me, those are the actors/characters that for which all these years later the show is still standing despite the exodus of many of these actors.

Comment

• militarymom
          Contract Poster
          • Nov 2019

I loved my McDreamy, but I would not want a return from the dead.

Comment

• savytabby
            Soap Addict
            • May 2014

Yeah, I'm not too fond of 'Back from the Dead' stories either. Like I said, it does seem more plausible for Alex and Izzie because we always knew Izzie was out there somewhere along with those embryos she and Alex created.

Comment

• jennifer_dahan9
              Day Player
              • Aug 2019

maybe Meredith was dream last five year that Derek never die or something?

Comment

• brigros
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by jennifer_dahan9 View Post
                maybe Meredith was dream last five year that Derek never die or something?
                hes dead. she hit her head and saw derek.....near death experience

Comment

• kahinamah
                  I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                  • Sep 2019

Bringing back an old character therefore proves that the series did not know how to move forward and succeed after Derek, and frankly bring a dead man back to life, we are not in a soap, even if sometimes it looked like it with all the couple.
                  The intelligence of Derek's death was also to show that we can have loved, built our life together, but that life and destiny can take it away from us, that we must mourn, rebuild ourselves, that happens to a lot of people.
                  A woman can be happy without a man or without her first love.
                  I think he has a real reason, and that Derek go stay dead.

Comment

• mexcio18
                    Board Regular
                    • Oct 2004

I think it is clear that Derek is in her dreams and in fact, if what I fear they are doing, which is killing Meredith and having her reunite with Derek in the after life. (due to this being Ellen’s last year on contract). As Derek keeps saying I’ll be here when your ready, which to me is the after life. So I guess I don’t want him to ever get to hug her unless it is a brief second and she is able to still come back and live. Both Patrick and Ellen said it is to bring joy to the fans, and I for one am very much enjoying the storyline and will be very interested to see how this plays out!

Comment

• Emerald Greens
                      Aspiring soap scribe
                      • Feb 2006

Debbie Allen makes it sound like it won’t be the last season she said they have more stories to tell. I think that it could be this is more about Meredith actually moving on from Derek.

Comment

• believeinme246
                        Aspiring soap scribe
                        • Jan 2015

Shonda once said that GA would not continue if Meredith left, so I'd like to believe that your thoughts about moving on from Derek is what was meant.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
                          Aspiring soap scribe
                          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by believeinme246 View Post
                          Shonda once said that GA would not continue if Meredith left, so I'd like to believe that your thoughts about moving on from Derek is what was meant.
                          Another interesting thing is EP said she chose security over going after different roles and that she doesn’t like chasing or really going after things. I think she may be willing to stay longer and this would give Meredith to
                          find closure ( although I don’t care much for the idea it does have it’s place) with her relationship with Derek.

Comment

• GHKissOff
                            Soap Addict
                            • May 2007

I don't know why a happy ending has to be defined by a man. I look at who Meredith was when the show began a woman begging Derek to love her. To who she is now, she is a single mother who didn't allow COVID to knock her down when it got close to doing just that. Oh Bailey helped kick her in the but but Meredith in the end was the one who chose to fight back. She also found it in herself to fight for another COVID victim to get them a lung transplant. The woman I saw at the end of season 17 had grown so much. Yes, Derek was the great love of her life and their reconnection in the after life was beautiful, but in the end Meredith wanted to go back for their kids. She knew they still needed her. Again shows growth. So, yes would be wonderful if Derek somehow miraculously was alive although doesn't explain seeing him on the other side, but if he doesn't I think Meredith will still have a happy ending when the show finally wraps up because she has found inner peace and has grown as a person. Derek was part of the story, but she had to learn to continue without him and she has done just that.

Comment

• kahinamah
                              kahinamah commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I don't watch Grey's anatomy anymore, but I agree with you, it's sad that some people think that women have to end up in a relationship, and with a man for the ending to be beautiful, why define a woman on a man, I imagine it's our world still anchored in patriarchy. A woman can evolve, grow and be well, built his life without a male.
                          • reyreyes1963
                            Lurking in the Shadows
                            • Jan 2022

That would be ideal but I’m not sure the way her character’s growth thus far would lead her back to that life. Hopefully they can still reconcile but the relationship may not work as before.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X