Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ellen Pompeo hinting about her time on the show coming to an end??

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mox28
    Newcomer
    • Aug 2018

Ellen Pompeo hinting about her time on the show coming to an end??

I just saw this article online and thought I'd post it for anyone who's interested:

Is the end of ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ just two seasons away? Ellen Pompeo hinted at the end of the ABC drama in a new interview – details

She may just have been throwing out possibilities during an interview but it sounds like she wants to move on to spend more time with her kids and do more producing instead of acting. I do agree with something she said though: that they've told just about all the stories they can. If it does come to an end after this season, I really wish they'd find a way to get the actors whose characters are still alive (Sandra Oh, Sara Ramirez, Sarah Drew, Jessica Capshaw, etc.) to make one last appearance. Pay them whatever they want to have them do it! But for the very last scene, I'd love to see the doctors just continue on to the next crisis instead of having a big goodbye party and have them walk off into the sunset because the characters will still be doctors and not all retire at the same time.
  • Emerald Greens
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2006

She said after season 16 so that would make for two more seasons . They are starting season 15.

Comment

• savytabby
      Soap Addict
      • May 2014

JMHTGO, I think Shonda has given Ellen too much power and I think the actress and her character are overrated. Certainly not worth $20 million. Again JMHTGO.

Comment

• samson2
        Soap Addict
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by savytabby View Post
        JMHTGO, I think Shonda has given Ellen too much power and I think the actress and her character are overrated. Certainly not worth $20 million. Again JMHTGO.

Agreed ....the show would run on without her just fine ! Loosing Derrick was a big loss to Greys.......
        She most certainly does not deserve that salary that’s crazy.
        Thinking thatswgy we lost April,Kallie,and Arizona......

They did present a first good show.

Alex and Joe lovethem !

Comment

• mox28
          Newcomer
          • Aug 2018

I agree. I don't think Ellen Pompeo is worth $20 million a year but since they're paying her that and she's now a producer (or executive producer... can't remember which), she can call a lot of the shots as to storylines. It seems to me that the other female characters who are still on the show are whiny (Maggie), wildly insecure when it comes to romantic relationships (Amelia), quick to fly off the handle (also Amelia), and afraid to assert themselves as doctors (Jo). And on top of that, Miranda keeps changing her mind as to what she wants to do in her career and one of the newbies is so blatant in her desire to be Meredith's lover that it's downright cringeworthy. The show tries to talk a good game about women being empowered and strong but the characters (except for Meredith, of course) aren't necessarily written that way. Just my two cents.

Comment

• savytabby
            Soap Addict
            • May 2014

Originally posted by mox28 View Post
            I agree. I don't think Ellen Pompeo is worth $20 million a year but since they're paying her that and she's now a producer (or executive producer... can't remember which), she can call a lot of the shots as to storylines. It seems to me that the other female characters who are still on the show are whiny (Maggie), wildly insecure when it comes to romantic relationships (Amelia), quick to fly off the handle (also Amelia), and afraid to assert themselves as doctors (Jo). And on top of that, Miranda keeps changing her mind as to what she wants to do in her career and one of the newbies is so blatant in her desire to be Meredith's lover that it's downright cringeworthy. The show tries to talk a good game about women being empowered and strong but the characters (except for Meredith, of course) aren't necessarily written that way. Just my two cents.
            I agree with you Mox. It seems to me that they have gotten rid of all the female characters that outshined Meredith, including her original Person Christina. I wasn't a Christina fan, but she was far more interesting than Meredith. All the other female characters were much more likeable than Meredith, so now we are stuck with ones that bow down to her. It's just sad, as you said, especially for a show that claims to promote women being empowered. The only one empowered is Meredith and only because they have given EP way too much power in what happens to her character and on the show.

Comment

• Lady Killer
              Senior Board Member
              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by savytabby View Post
              I know this is long after your post but thannkk you for this! You can't express that sentiment a lot of places without being lectured and yelled at.

She isn't a compelling enough character to be the lead at all not to mention the actress is fairly overrated and has never been able to hold a story on her own. Notice how all of her interesting stories had Lexie/Christina/Derek or all involved in them?

honestly the show has been treading water for well over 4 seasons and is still around IMO to break the records that ER made

Comment

• mrown7
                Under-Five
                • Mar 2019

That's the rumor.

2020 may be the year television bids farewell to Grey’s Anatomy. Ellen Pompeo is hinting that she may be ready to hang up her scrubs at the end of next season when her current contract expires. In the new issue of Entertainment Weekly, the ABC drama’s titular leading lady was asked if she sees herself continuing […]

I'd honestly love to see the show go on without Ellen. No shade against her, but pivoting away from Meredith would open up some new ideas, assuredly. Seems like that's off the table though.

She's gorgeous though. I will miss her for sure.

price per head reviews
                Last edited by mrown7; March 22, 2019, 12:55 AM.

Comment

• Jupiter Jane
                  Soap Addict
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Lady Killer View Post

honestly the show has been treading water for well over 4 seasons and is still around IMO to break the records that ER made
                  ITA - a few seasons ago I thought they had reached its end and was losing interest; I became interested again the last couple of seasons, but am now at that point again - time to end. As to breaking ER records, I don't know about that - but I did eventually give up on ER and that's the first time I've ever done so; usually when I'm with a show I stay til the end and will probably do so with Grey's but I do think its run its course.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    • Feb 2006

I haven’t watched enough lately to judge . I think for me at least no Arizona or April leaves a void . They both look like they will have their happy ending so that’s good.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X