Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Station 19

Anyone watch the premiere of this show, the spin-off of Grey's Anatomy? I didn't realize it was going to be 2 hours. Ellen Pompeo and Chandra Wilson made appearances in the first episode. I still think it was a bit weird (stupid) for Ben to give up his medical career to become a firefighter. It was so-so, would need to see a bit more before deciding whether to stay with it - although I had a hard time staying focused. I am also a huge fan of Chicago Fire and not sure if I need another firefighting show on my tv viewing list; and this doesn't measure up. Don't much like the lead female character; and her rivalry for the Captain's position with her boyfriend is already irritating me.
    Last edited by Jupiter Jane; March 23, 2018, 12:08 PM.

I liked it ok, but it's no Chicago Fire, IMO. I just found the firefighting bits to be a bit suspect. I still don't buy Ben giving up all that time and money spent on med school to be a firefighter, and I don't get why none of these people have ever been seen on Grey's (until last week when they were trying to launch this show). Why couldn't they have used April's ex? Built in drama, what with him just losing his wife.

Comment

Watched the last two episodes and I'm exhausted! Think I'll pass on this one. I've never watched Grey's Anatomy, so I kept feeling as though I was missing something. Plus, I can't get into the lead character. Watching her is like going to the gym--it's too much work!

Comment

Originally posted by Lanfear View Post
        I liked it ok, but it's no Chicago Fire, IMO. I just found the firefighting bits to be a bit suspect. I still don't buy Ben giving up all that time and money spent on med school to be a firefighter, and I don't get why none of these people have ever been seen on Grey's (until last week when they were trying to launch this show). Why couldn't they have used April's ex? Built in drama, what with him just losing his wife.
        Originally posted by Soapfan54 View Post
        Watched the last two episodes and I'm exhausted! Think I'll pass on this one. I've never watched Grey's Anatomy, so I kept feeling as though I was missing something. Plus, I can't get into the lead character. Watching her is like going to the gym--it's too much work!
        ICAM with both posts. Too funny Soapfan. I've watched the 2 episodes as well and not invested. Loved your comment about the lead character and IA - and if you don't like the lead right out of the gate, not much hope. Two things that I also found suspect - that the Captain (her father) would just make her a Lieutenant (Episode #1) - don't think it happens that way; and secondly, having her and the other Lt. take turns acting as Captain. That makes for a dysfunctional Station House I would think.

Definitely no Chicago Fire, don't think I w/b staying with it.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X