Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Law and Order Special Victim's Unit

This weeks episode was very disturbing. I was glad that the doctor was found guilty for harvesting the children's organs without parent knowledge or consent. However what was more disturbing was the show taking the slant that she was right.

I am a full believer in organ donation but what sets us apart as an ethical community is that of consent. There are religions that believe that their children cannot go to heaven if they have an autopsy or their organs are no longer there. The Nazis conducted brain surgery without consent using the excuse of the greater good and laws were put in place to prevent that.

As much as I do believe in giving the gift of life, this doctor was very much wrong and I had a big issue with the show siding for considering children to be meat for use once they are brain dead.
    No parent should have to learn that their baby was just carved up without even asking if it's okay.

I agree, it was just crazy. Who would do that?

Comment

I agree no doctor has the right to take someone's organs without consent but I liked that they shared both views it made me think.

Comment

What did you all think of last Wednesday’s Epi? It was very intense for me to see how that man was raising his kids. He was very sick mentally......

The fact that Amanda’s gone killed Esther , that’s so sad for Amanda but what’s the big deal with IA? She was firing with 20or more other cops at a house of suspects who was steady attacking the police Dept.
        Are all the police men’s guns gonna be checked who killed each suspect andgo infrint IA.?

This is making no sense tome.....Anyone?????

Comment

Originally posted by believeinme246 View Post
          This weeks episode was very disturbing. I was glad that the doctor was found guilty for harvesting the children's organs without parent knowledge or consent. However what was more disturbing was the show taking the slant that she was right.

I am a full believer in organ donation but what sets us apart as an ethical community is that of consent. There are religions that believe that their children cannot go to heaven if they have an autopsy or their organs are no longer there. The Nazis conducted brain surgery without consent using the excuse of the greater good and laws were put in place to prevent that.

As much as I do believe in giving the gift of life, this doctor was very much wrong and I had a big issue with the show siding for considering children to be meat for use once they are brain dead.
          No parent should have to learn that their baby was just carved up without even asking if it's okay.
          I was behind on the show and just saw this episode. I completely agree w/your assessment, believeinme. I was horrified the show would intimate that harvesting organs w/o consent is justifiable under certain circumstances A person's body is inviolable territory, as is a minor child's. A "Well, they can't take them w/them, can they?" attitude smacks of arrogance.

Comment

SVU has been renewed for season number 20. So happy !

Comment

Originally posted by samson2 View Post
              What did you all think of last Wednesday’s Epi? It was very intense for me to see how that man was raising his kids. He was very sick mentally......

The fact that Amanda’s gone killed Esther , that’s so sad for Amanda but what’s the big deal with IA? She was firing with 20or more other cops at a house of suspects who was steady attacking the police Dept.
              Are all the police men’s guns gonna be checked who killed each suspect andgo infrint IA.?

This is making no sense tome.....Anyone?????
              I would assume that yes every bullet that killed someone would be tested. Seems pretty standard to rule out any wrong doing. Or to rule out someone from the inside the house killing her.

I think it is time for Amanda to take a break From the way she treated the rape victim who was a prostitute and going to that house alone, entering the house and escalating the situation. I do think once she saw the little girl chained up something needed to be done. But she should have called it in and then proceeded from there.

Comment

Re Finale - SO relieved Fin w/b staying with the Unit ... I was so afraid he was leaving the show since they transfer once promoted. Yeah Fin - he made it happen LOL.

As mentioned before, I am still irritated that a scene was inserted with the ADA visiting his sister. I don't know why they introduced this personal story right from his start on the show; it lends nothing and this brief scene certainly had no place in the show.

No cliff hanger - just the usual excellent show. I thought Fin's situation might become a cliff hanger - so glad that didn't happen.

Good to see Fionnula Flanagan and Anne Archer; but oh wow, didn't even realize that was Hal Linden until I googled afterwards.
                Last edited by Jupiter Jane; May 17, 2018, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Hal Linden is as dashing as he always was. The scene with the white chrysanthemums was so touching. The crowd sourcing approach when the case was dismissed was very clever.

I like SVU but I hate the ridiculous cheesy twists that they do. They remind me of cheap Lifetime movies. The show was perfect as it was. We didn't need the silly breakdown confession of the son. I've seen this in several episodes. Even with the cult, the story was powerful. We didn't need to hear about Rollin's bullet. I've been noticing this week after week.

I really liked the scene with Benson and the locket.
                  Last edited by believeinme246; May 17, 2018, 06:02 PM.

Comment

There is a 2 hour season finale this week on the 23 rd.

Juliterjane that’s why there was no cliff hanger, hopefully this week.

Comment

Originally posted by bbgamer View Post

I would assume that yes every bullet that killed someone would be tested. Seems pretty standard to rule out any wrong doing. Or to rule out someone from the inside the house killing her.

I think it is time for Amanda to take a break From the way she treated the rape victim who was a prostitute and going to that house alone, entering the house and escalating the situation. I do think once she saw the little girl chained up something needed to be done. But she should have called it in and then proceeded from there.
                      Yes Amanda needs a break, she seems burned out.....

Comment

Originally posted by believeinme246 View Post
                        Hal Linden is as dashing as he always was. The scene with the white chrysanthemums was so touching. The crowd sourcing approach when the case was dismissed was very clever.

I like SVU but I hate the ridiculous cheesy twists that they do. They remind me of cheap Lifetime movies. The show was perfect as it was. We didn't need the silly breakdown confession of the son. I've seen this in several episodes. Even with the cult, the story was powerful. We didn't need to hear about Rollin's bullet. I've been noticing this week after week.

I really liked the scene with Benson and the locket.
                        Yes I also enjoyed the Benson scene with the victim giving her a locket because she said Olivia was her best friend.

Comment

There is a 2 hour season finale this week on the 23 rd.

Juliterjane that’s why there was no cliff hanger, hopefully this week.
                          Oh great, I felt sure that was the finale; I thought the description said it was, but may be mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Jupiter Jane View Post

Oh great, I felt sure that was the finale; I thought the description said it was, but may be mistaken.
                            No the finale airs this week May 22

Comment

No the finale airs this week May 22
                              2 hour finale! I wonder what's up?

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X