Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHYWHYWHY??

seriously! WHY do the networks cancel shows with fairly decent ratings,AND a major cult following?? just because people don't watch it or record it from a tv DOESN'T mean they aren't fans...
    one of my top 3 shows,the librarians,has been cancelled. this is a GREAT show! no guts& gore, lots of life lessons, and FUNNY! parents watch this with their kids ,EVERYONE loves it. i am DISGUSTED with TNT.
    dean devlin is shopping it around, please join me in wishing the best of luck,and supporting him if you're on facebook!
    needless to say, TNT is off my channel chart, just like lifetime after trashing witches of east end. idiots don't get my support.

I know mamabarri how you feel. There could be many reasons why the show was cancelled.............Low viewership, budget constraints or it could be competing with another popular show......who knows. Maybe another station will pick it up..........hang in there girl!

Comment

I feel for you OP. I am not familiar with this show at all, nor do I get TNT, but I've also had this frustration in the past with shows I really enjoy - I can think of 3 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by mamabarri View Post
        seriously! WHY do the networks cancel shows with fairly decent ratings,AND a major cult following?? just because people don't watch it or record it from a tv DOESN'T mean they aren't fans...
        one of my top 3 shows,the librarians,has been cancelled. this is a GREAT show! no guts& gore, lots of life lessons, and FUNNY! parents watch this with their kids ,EVERYONE loves it. i am DISGUSTED with TNT.
        dean devlin is shopping it around, please join me in wishing the best of luck,and supporting him if you're on facebook!
        needless to say, TNT is off my channel chart, just like lifetime after trashing witches of east end. idiots don't get my support.
        I feel your pain mmb--some of my fave shows get the boot, when shows like Big Brother continue to hoist up the ratings. I hear that Midnight Texas was on very thin ice.

Comment

thank you ladies,for understanding my frustration. and thank you mods for letting this thread stand, i know it doesn't really" fit" the sub forum description.
          my BFF is one of the people who responds to the neilsen folks,and he has been sending them info about how many people he know who don't have cable, but STILL watch shows like this via alternatives like hulu or the channel websites, or amazon. maybe someday they'll LISTEN.

Comment

thank you ladies,for understanding my frustration. and thank you mods for letting this thread stand, i know it doesn't really" fit" the sub forum description.
            my BFF is one of the people who responds to the neilsen folks,and he has been sending them info about how many people he know who don't have cable, but STILL watch shows like this via alternatives like hulu or the channel websites, or amazon. maybe someday they'll LISTEN.
            I think the posting fits if it discusses the various shows. That is what the threads are for--intelligent discussion of the pros and cons.

Comment

I hate when you get into a show during the year and it's Cancel in May ...........

Comment

thanks ruby!
                NR, i'm kind of holding my breath right now for ghost wars and superstition on the syfy network. i really enjoyed them!

Comment

thanks ruby!
                  NR, i'm kind of holding my breath right now for ghost wars and superstition on the syfy network. i really enjoyed them!
                  I never missed an episode of "State of Affairs" --on the edge of my seat. It got cancelled after one season. Go figure.

Comment

wow, that's a bummer, ruby. i'd bet that's one that people watched on phones and computers too, but the networks just can't seem to acknowledge that this is something that is normal in the digital age.
                    half of my friends don't even own a tv!

Comment

wow, that's a bummer, ruby. i'd bet that's one that people watched on phones and computers too, but the networks just can't seem to acknowledge that this is something that is normal in the digital age.
                      half of my friends don't even own a tv!
                      I am old fashioned. I don't have a laptop, and I go to the bank for all business. I like the big screen when ever possible for viewing.
                      I also like to flip through a book.

Comment

oh, me too,mostly. i only watch tv stuff on my laptop if hubby is watching something else at the time, or old stuff on netflix, tubi or retroflix.
                        i don't access my bank account on the puter at all, other than paying my bills through locked websites, not directly through my account. and i DO shop online, but i have a paypal account for that too.
                        and oh yes ma'am, i LOVE books, you'd love my library! it's been 10 years in the works, but my BFF and i have built in shelves on all but the front wall, which has big ole windows. it would break my kitty's heart if i covered her" birdie" windows, lol!
                        michael, my BFF, took an old microwave cart and built a 3 x 5 foot platform on it, and put " pusherpegs" on the windowsills so she can scoot the cart around, it's very cute to see her!

Comment

oh, me too,mostly. i only watch tv stuff on my laptop if hubby is watching something else at the time, or old stuff on netflix, tubi or retroflix.
                          i don't access my bank account on the puter at all, other than paying my bills through locked websites, not directly through my account. and i DO shop online, but i have a paypal account for that too.
                          and oh yes ma'am, i LOVE books, you'd love my library! it's been 10 years in the works, but my BFF and i have built in shelves on all but the front wall, which has big ole windows. it would break my kitty's heart if i covered her" birdie" windows, lol!
                          michael, my BFF, took an old microwave cart and built a 3 x 5 foot platform on it, and put " pusherpegs" on the windowsills so she can scoot the cart around, it's very cute to see her!
                          I have so many books, my home looks "booked" not wallpapered! Cleaning off the shelves for the used book store is like giving away old friends. Even with pulp fiction!
                          Secretly, I prefer to regress. Moving forward is uglier.

Comment

you'd like my husband, he will reread a book until it falls apart and duct tape it together until i find a new copy, lol!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X