Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes as a procedural in the lighter mystery genre and similar characters the comparison to Elementary is inevitable . They do have good chemistry and for a change we are spared at the idea that they could even become romantically involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Holly99 View Post
      So do I .. & .. "Dylan" said he was gay .. so .. I wonder if .. down the road .. he'll have a love interest.
      It seemed to me that the bartender was his love interest already.

Comment

^^^^^ Yes, they're married. That was his reason for leaving the CIA.

Comment

Originally posted by Jupiter Jane View Post
          It seemed to me that the bartender was his love interest already.
          Right .. "Andy".
          Originally posted by ragincajun View Post
          Yes, they're married. That was his reason for leaving the CIA.
          Yes .. leaving the CIA was his "spousal promise".

Don't know where my mind was when I wondered if he'd have a love interest down the road .. Lol

Comment

Saw the premiere.

A couple of comments : Alan should have kept his Scottish accent. Sometimes it slips out.
            That lady cop sidekick has no charisma.
            Drop the " House-y " format

Other than that, it is very daring and experimental to have the lead in a gay marriage--but what the heck! I guess it is time.
            I never judge a show by it's first episode, since they tweak shows along the way.

Comment

I really like Alan Cumming. I also wanted this to be a regular watch for me. I think now it is going to go the way of many new series, mostly due to "samey" concepts and characters.
              But hey--I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubythroat1 View Post
                I really like Alan Cumming. I also wanted this to be a regular watch for me. I think now it is going to go the way of many new series, mostly due to "samey" concepts and characters.
                I have to agree Ruby - I started to watch because of Alan Cumming and have stayed with it, and I love the female lead. But I have to say, it's not a "must see" for me. Normally I would not watch a series anyway that is based on a book/or books I've read because usually the casting doesn't fit with my view when reading the book(s) ... this has been an exception only because it's been so long since I read the book(s); but the more I see it, the more I think the characters wouldn't fit if I'd read the books more recently. It may be coming off my weekly viewing.

Comment

You posted exactly what I'm feeling too Rubythroat1. They need to "fit" a little better IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope P View Post

You posted exactly what I'm feeling too Rubythroat1. They need to "fit" a little better IMO.
                    It is a tad too close to Elementary, except that AC is far more jolly than Sherlock. I just cannot see Alan C. as a former member of the CIA!

Comment

I started to watch this program because of Alan Cumming also......but aside from Alan....imo the acting is terrible.....I know it’s an unpopular opinion....but there it is

Comment

Originally posted by capricorn47 View Post

I started to watch this program because of Alan Cumming also......but aside from Alan....imo the acting is terrible.....I know it’s an unpopular opinion....but there it is
                        Yes. Sad to say. Both the leads are trying a little too hard. There is also a component of the girl-cop. These days a lady does not have to prove herself to the men as much
                        as maybe twenty years ago. That feminist angle has been done to death.

Comment

It is a tad too close to Elementary, except that AC is far more jolly than Sherlock. I just cannot see Alan C. as a former member of the CIA!
                          He was so good in The Good Wife..........hope they work out the kinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope P View Post

He was so good in The Good Wife..........hope they work out the kinks.
                            I will admit--the first time I saw AC was in " Bernard and The Genie"...I must be fixated on him as the loveable Bernard, Peter Pan of Scotland.
                            I have to shake this image of him and get on with it!

Comment

Instinct returns, I believe on June 9th..........I will check and confirm.

Comment

• Penelope P
                                Penelope P commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Close but no cigars................Return date is slated for June 30th.
                                Last edited by Penelope P; June 8, 2019, 02:56 AM.

Just a reminder that the series returns tonight. Check your local stations for times.

Comment

• Jupiter Jane
                                Jupiter Jane commented
                                Editing a comment
                                It's been so long that I thought this show wasn't coming back.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X