Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9-1-1

This new series has already begun on January 3rd. It's title speaks for itself and stars Angela Bassett, Peter Krause, (love him) Oliver Stark |
    It's on Wednesday nights. Please check your local stations for times.
    Last edited by Penelope P; January 24, 2018, 01:34 PM.

If you're in Canada & missed the first 3 eppys .. you can watch them at Global TV online ..

https://www.globaltv.com/9-1-1/

Comment

Glad you posted this info Holly. I only just saw this show advertised today as if it was just starting. Plan to give it a try.

Comment

Since my above post with Holly's info, I watched the first 2 episodes. On the fence at the moment. Top notch cast of course, but not sure about the quality of the writing. A couple of the calls they went out on in the pilot I could have lived without - the baby in the wall, plus the snake; I may not like snakes, but I don't want to see one have its head chopped off either. During these two calls, I had to close my eyes a couple of times. The sex exploits of the young firefighter, Buck, who appears to be a sex addict, not compelling to watch. None of the personal issues that have been shown so far are that interesting, with the possible exception of Angela Bassett's character.

It's no Chicago Fire/P.D. by any means IMO and I don't think it will be on my "must see" list, but will watch the other two episodes that have aired, and will be interested in hearing what others think.

Comment

I watched half of the pilot eppy & it's not my cup of tea .. so .. I'll give this one a pass.

Comment

I'm with you gals. It's like they are concentrating on too much testosterone and little s/l. The same with S.W.A.T. and I love Shemar Moore .

Comment

Hey PP - I thought you liked S.W.A.T. Have you changed your mind? Anyway, it's a far superior show from what this new 9-1-1 appears to be so far. By the way, I find it odd to see Peter Krause in this role for some reason. I don't mind him, although he's never been a particular favourite of mine, but watched him in Parenthood and most recently, Catch (a show that should never have been cancelled); being a firefighter doesn't seem to quite suit him IMO. So with [for example] Chicago Fire I always hate to see an episode end, each episode of 9-1-1 I'm waiting for it to end LOL. I stuck with it for all 4 episodes which I think is giving it a fair shot, but I think that's it for me!

I was curious to see reviews on this show and interestingly, read one that gives a rave review of the pilot. Not unusual however to have the opposite opinion to that of a reviewer lol.
              Last edited by Jupiter Jane; January 26, 2018, 06:02 AM.

Comment

I loved loved Peter Krause in Catch and I agree that it shouldn't have been cancelled and I just didn't get him in 9-1-1. He was too intense in the role IMO and so was Angela Bassett.
                I watched S.W.A.T. in the opening of the series, but didn't quite love it. Shemar Moore will always remain in Criminal Minds for me.

Comment

I think they have already renewed 9-1-1 .I can't say it does anything for me. I tuned out during the second episode.

Young Sheldon and The Alienist are the new series I have gotten into.And The Good Doctor .
                  Last edited by Emerald Greens; January 29, 2018, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald Greens View Post
                    I think they have already renewed 9-1-1
                    This is amazing to me [4 episodes in] - not just 9-1-1 - but any show where they renew so early; and then there are other good shows that get cancelled. I have no idea how these decisions are made duh!

Comment

Originally posted by Jupiter Jane View Post
                      This is amazing to me [4 episodes in] - not just 9-1-1 - but any show where they renew so early; and then there are other good shows that get cancelled. I have no idea how these decisions are made duh!
                      Sometimes that happens.I guess the ratings are high maybe? I know sometime a series is renewed quickly and once in a while an established series is renewed for two or three seasons .Maybe it has to do with the demographics ?

I know demographics are the thing. I remember when the changed Hawaii Five 0 from Monday to Friday they repackaged it. On Monday it was geared to a younger male audience and Friday they play more to the older female audience .I did notice a big change .

Comment

I saw an ad for this show, where the actress who plays Faith in Y&R, is in a trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubythroat1 View Post
                          I saw an ad for this show, where the actress who plays Faith in Y&R, is in a trailer.
                          That kid sure gets around lol - she also plays President Kirkman's daughter on Designated Survivor.

Comment

Originally posted by Jupiter Jane View Post
                            That kid sure gets around lol - she also plays President Kirkman's daughter on Designated Survivor.
                            Is that her on DS ? She is busy! I guess that when they see what a child can handle at that age they are in demand.

Comment

I'm kind of liking this show now as I get into it. Peter Crause's character has been explained much more and there is a romance brewing with Barbara Britton and one of the firemen .

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X