Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Resident

New series that started last night and I love it. A very unconventional doctor played by Matt Czuchry (known for the Gilmore Girls and the Good Wife) takes on a new intern to teach him the ropes. Bruce Greenwood, the senior Doctor of the hospital has earned the nickname of Dr. Death. It's not your typical hospital series. Another episode is on tonight.

I saw it last night and then luckily I was home from work in time to catch most of the episode tonight. I think it's a really good show, I hope it takes off. Great cast, good stories so far.

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it as I did. It has good potential and humour added to lighten up more serious topics. Love Matt Czuchry since The Good Wife. It looks like it's permanent night will be Mondays .

Comment

Recorded episodes 1/2 and tried to watch last night. Didn't make it through the first five minutes because it defied credulity. OMGosh, really?! Taking photos w/cell phones during an operation? The speed at which the assisting doctors/nurses/operating room techs agreed to orchestrate a cover-up for the clearly negligent surgeon/department head was dizzyingly nauseous. Love Matt Czuchry but I'm going to pass on this one. Y'all enjoy!

Comment

Still loving this show and now romance is creeping in

Comment

Originally posted by Soapfan54 View Post
            Recorded episodes 1/2 and tried to watch last night. Didn't make it through the first five minutes because it defied credulity. OMGosh, really?! Taking photos w/cell phones during an operation?
            Haven't seen it but felt compelled to comment on this - I had an operation last Feb. on my ear, and at one of my following check-ups with the surgeon, he showed me a photo taken on his phone after they opened up my ear ... so it does happen lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jupiter Jane View Post
              Haven't seen it but felt compelled to comment on this - I had an operation last Feb. on my ear, and at one of my following check-ups with the surgeon, he showed me a photo taken on his phone after they opened up my ear ... so it does happen lol.
              Yeah, Jupiter, but did he take selfies with his OR staff? I'll bet (or hope) not. Hope your surgery was successful and you're all good now. Love posting w/you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Soapfan54 View Post
                Yeah, Jupiter, but did he take selfies with his OR staff? I'll bet (or hope) not. Hope your surgery was successful and you're all good now. Love posting w/you guys!
                LOL as I said, I haven't seen the show so didn't know this was how they did it. OMG

Comment

Originally posted by Jupiter Jane View Post
                  LOL as I said, I haven't seen the show so didn't know this was how they did it. OMG
                  SPOILER: Yes, they were taking selfies when the patient bled out and died due to the operating surgeon's negligent butchery. Unbelievable and not intriguing enough for me to watch until the cover-up's exposed.
                  Last edited by Soapfan54; February 1, 2018, 06:02 AM. Reason: Change

Comment

This is one of my new favourite series.
                    Programming Note: Next week it's on an hour earlier because of The Bachelor season finale.

Comment

I like this show. I neither love nor hate it. I'm sure that some of these incidents have really happened, which is what is so scary. Most medical shows are about ethics and people who are generally good. This show is about making money and how to beat the system.

It's actually frightening, yet I'm still glued. The cast is fantastic.

Comment

I like the shows but the more senior doctors are not the type you see on ER or Grey's or even House . Maybe that's the point .

Comment

I've been liking this show, but it might be having an early jump the shark moment. Cancer doc, willing to actually kill a patient,just to set up a nurse and cover her own behind? Might be stretching it a bit.

Comment

I'm liking this show a lot too Lanfear. What I'm taking away from this Cancer doctor is that money is the whole root behind her, for whatever reason, and the esteem her colleagues bestow on her.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope P View Post
                              I'm liking this show a lot too Lanfear. What I'm taking away from this Cancer doctor is that money is the whole root behind her, for whatever reason, and the esteem her colleagues bestow on her.

I was was wondering if the lady administrator also put cameras in the ICU rooms as well as the OR? Then that witch would be on camera.......one can only hope. 😊

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X