X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Penelope P
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2007

for Asher and an overloaded Emergency Department......Bravo...On a side note Charlie would drive me (you know what) crazy......Great episode.

Comment

• Penelope P
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Feb 2007

Again, such a well told story. Great acting and a feeling of everyone coming to each other/s aid. I hadn't realized that this is the final season.

Comment

• believeinme246
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jan 2015

The compromise about the nanny was wonderful. And oh, my, about Steve. Could it be? I didn't think it was genetic, but am hardly an expert. I do know of it being learned behavior, as seen with twinning studies where one twin mimics the behaviors of the other, but is later declassified. However, I'd think that Steve would be too young to have learned behaviors.

I love how the episodes reel you in, between the father and the mountain to climb, the patient who thought he was Jesus, and Jerome and team trying to move forward in the aftermath. The discussion about faith after murder was really good too, and I melted at the words that Asher knew he was loved.

Comment

• believeinme246
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Jan 2015

I was surprised to find myself rather emotional last night, between Glassy finding the girl, the boy with the arm, the proposal, and Shaun evaluating Steve. Only two episodes left. I really enjoyed this one.

I am beginning to love Charlie. I wonder whether there will be a spin-off.

Comment

• believeinme246
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Jan 2015

Wow wow wow. I just read that the woman who play's Hannah, the addict who Glassman is helping, is played by his daughter in real life!

Comment

• AMHardulak
              AMHardulak commented
              Editing a comment
              That is absolutely wonderful. (I thought that Richard Schiff gave his best performance when Glassy told Hannah about his own daughter, who had died from an overdose. And now, this info. WOW!)

• believeinme246
              believeinme246 commented
              Editing a comment
              AMHardulak Yes! When his voice cracked and he started to cry. That was an amazing performance. I think the fact that this is his RL daughter made it even more poignant.
          • Penelope P
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Feb 2007

Always loved the character of Glassy and his performance was outstanding. Acting with his daughter a bonus

Comment

• Penelope P
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Feb 2007

OMG Doctor Glassy, how he is loved and Shaun's reaction to the news. I keep forgetting this is the final season, it makes me sad.

Comment

• believeinme246
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Penelope P View Post
                OMG Doctor Glassy, how he is loved and Shaun's reaction to the news. I keep forgetting this is the final season, it makes me sad.
                This is so depressing. It reminds me of Parenthood killing off the father during the final season because it's something they hadn't explored before (their words). What it did was limit its life in syndication or streaming. It was such a horrible turn that I couldn't rewatch the show streaming because I just looked at the father (and star) as a marked man the whole time.

I feel the same way about potentially having Glassy die in the final episode. Why? We already explored Shaun's feelings about him dying with the first tumor. We just explored how he deals with death with his brother, with Asher, with Dr. Melendez. It serves no purpose and impacts my viewership in the future (so I'd think countless others, as well).

But I'm one who likes my shows to end up happy.

Comment

• believeinme246
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  • Jan 2015

The above about Glassman aside, I loved the scene between Shaun and Hannah, and I love how it impacted her enough to go to rehab. I loved Glassman's words that as long as he is here, he will take care of her. My guess is that Shaun and Lea will be there for her when he no longer is and maybe Shaun will call her his sister.

I loved the version of Can't Take My Eyes Off of You, half rap, half beautiful vocal. Those two - wow.

Was that Audrey dancing it up at the wedding? You go, Girl! Woman's got some moves!

I do hope that Claire is okay. My guess is that she has sepsis but they will save her. I liked when she said that it wouldn't be a one night stand.

Comment

• Penelope P
                    Penelope P commented
                    Editing a comment
                    What a great observation you've made .......Audrey sure did have some awesome moves.......The vocals were perfection.
                • AMHardulak
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  • Jan 2009

I finally got to see last Monday's epi (it was a week for me). Talk about pure joy and pure sadness!
                  Claire was always my favorite character on TGD and I was thrilled to see her and thrilled that TPTB brought her back (you just know she will be ok, right?)
                  As for Dr. Glassman--WHY? Very upsetting.

Comment

• believeinme246
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    • Jan 2015

What a beautiful emotionally ending to a marvelous series. I couldn’t have loved it more.

Comment

• Penelope P
                      Aspiring soap scribe
                      • Feb 2007

I cried like a baby and often.. How very well they finalized the final season was art at it's finest and how their futures were

Comment

• AMHardulak
                        Aspiring soap scribe
                        • Jan 2009

I am not much of a crier, but was doing the ugly cry during the last 8 minutes or so. What incredible writing, acting, producing . . . all of it.
                        "The Good Doctor" was a gift and I am grateful.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
                          Aspiring soap scribe
                          • Feb 2006

Show runners David Shore and Liz Fridman said Shaun and Lea’s daughter is named Maddie in honor of Dr. Glassman’s daughter. Very cool. 😎

Comment

• Penelope P
                          Aspiring soap scribe
                          • Feb 2007

They are advertising a replay of all 7 seasons of The Good Doctor starting this coming Thursday. Please check your local listings for times.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X