Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Good Doctor

Watched the first episode this week. Didn't like it at all. My primary reason for watching is because Michael Muhney w/b appearing on the Oct. 16th episode and thought I would watch the beginning so as to know what's going on. I think I will stick with Grey's and Chicago Med for my medical dramas. JMO

It was good to see Richard Schiff, but he was the only good thing about the show in my opinion.
    Last edited by Jupiter Jane; September 26, 2017, 09:43 PM.

Just watched the pilot epi. I really enjoyed it and will continue to watch. Freddie Highmore's adorable and believeable in the role. Richard Schiff's an added bonus. Can't wait to lay eyes on Michael Muhney!

Comment

Originally posted by JCmojoe81
      I'm sorry I missed this I keep hearing how good this is. I may need to catch up. So many people seemed to enjoy it.
      Maybe I'm in a minority, although the reviews are not good so far.

Comment

I love it. I don't know if it last or not Medical dramas are a hit and miss. I like Code Black and Grey's I watch more than not.

I know it's not the final word on anything but the IMDB rated almost a 9 out of 10. I only bring it up because I often rate movies and shows higher or lower than the average. This was one that rated quite high.

Comment

I guess they have ordered a full season for Good Doctor . That good news!

Comment

Originally posted by Soapfan54 View Post
            Just watched the pilot epi. I really enjoyed it and will continue to watch. Freddie Highmore's adorable and believeable in the role. Richard Schiff's an added bonus. Can't wait to lay eyes on Michael Muhney!
            Freddie Highmore looks all of 14 and yet he is 24 years old . I imagine it is very difficult to portray someone that is autistic and savant, so kudos to this very talented young man.

Comment

Have to admit I had never heard of Freddie Highmore, since I didn't watch Bates Motel. I don't know what I'm missing that everyone else is seeing, but I still don't like this show; however, will continue to watch until the 16th when Michael Muhney makes his appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by Jupiter Jane View Post
                Have to admit I had never heard of Freddie Highmore, since I didn't watch Bates Motel. I don't know what I'm missing that everyone else is seeing, but I still don't like this show; however, will continue to watch until the 16th when Michael Muhney makes his appearance.
                Thanks for the tip about MM. I will watch too. I am in the medical profession so had a difficult time with the outrageous backstory. I also watched House for the entire 8 seasons and knew that the guy would NEVER get away with his behaviour for a day.

Comment

From what I have read Scrubs was considered close to how things worked at least in terms of choosing a specialty and some general aspects of it. I would think Code Black might be more realistic than others. But I say that as someone who wouldn't know.

Only speaking for myself I don't expect much realism . I thought ER was perhaps closer than some but there is still liberties taken.

The Good Doctor has the same creator ( David Shore)as House so it has that out of the box approach to the lead character.

Comment

Originally posted by Jupiter Jane View Post
                    I didn't watch Bates Motel either, Jupiter. And I felt the same way you do about "missing something" when it came to "House." I never got the appeal when it came to that show.

Comment

Michael Muhney has tweeted that Oct. 23rd is his air date on the show; he originally said Oct. 16th.

Comment

Really enjoying this show and Freddie Highmore's portrayal. I also noticed that Freddie Highmore is a Producer of the show, whick means he believes in it too.

Comment

A friend of mine told me that Freddie Highmore went on his site and asked the audience for feedback on how his portrayal of and autistic savant was. He asked for any criticism or improvement that he may do to the character...........props!!

Comment

I really like this show and primarily it's because of FH's portrayal, he's very talented IMO.

Comment

Yes I have watched Freddie in a number things over the years. I am on the ones who actually prefers the version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory that he's in.
                              He had a natural quality although you know especially in this role he's working at it.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X