• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Penelope P
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2007

Outlander

Of all people to turn Jaimie in.............his sister !!
    I still can't look at Jack Randall and not hate him, the man has 8 lives and I'm pretty sure he's alive
    Sunday's episode looks promising
  • Rubythroat1
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jan 2014

I enjoy the Scottish bits more than the modern clips. The battle scenes were phenomenal, and Jaime looked like he was really close to death when he arrived at Lallybroch having been spared by the brother of the young man Grey whose life HE spared, by honor code. The executions were painful to see. This may be on the Women's Channel, but it is hardly a "Chic Flick". Jaime is finally beginning to look his age.
    You are right Pen P, Tobias Menzies (Randall) has the thankless dual role in the show. Can't wait until Claire and Jaime reunite.

Comment

• Penelope P
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Feb 2007

Welcome back Rubythroat1, you were missed but a holiday is always important for one's well being . I wouldn't call it a Chick Flick either; it's brutal at the best of times but makes up for it when Claire and Jaime reunite .

Comment

• Rubythroat1
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Penelope P View Post
        Welcome back Rubythroat1, you were missed but a holiday is always important for one's well being . I wouldn't call it a Chick Flick either; it's brutal at the best of times but makes up for it when Claire and Jaime reunite .
        Ahhh, the joys of WiFi again! I like it that the script bypasses the same elements that I did in the books. Clever writers.

Comment

• Penelope P
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Feb 2007

Can you see me blushing??. Those scenes with Claire and her daughter were heart breaking. The reunion will take place on October 22nd and an extended viewing too!!

Comment

• Rubythroat1
            Aspiring soap scribe
            • Jan 2014

Some differences from books to film, but all for the good. Claire's hand sewn caped outfit, showed a clearly visible "machine sewn" row on her cuffs that any 18th century seamstress would have spotted in a second.
            That was impossible in a hand stitched frock. The fabric was synthetic, and the buttons were plastic! Claire looks so much better out of makeup! That scene in the loft above the printing press stopped my heart
            when Jaime turned around. They managed to make him look a little more mature too. Also looking forward to the next episode Pen P!

Comment

• Penelope P
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Feb 2007

I was an avid reader many moons ago and there are days when I wish that feeling returns. The scene in the loft stopped my heart too

Comment

• Rubythroat1
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Jan 2014

I was an avid reader many moons ago and there are days when I wish that feeling returns. The scene in the loft stopped my heart too
                I often look back at the books when a I see a scene, and that part of the story was far better done than the book. At times the book tended to soap opera romanticism, but the filming
                is far more realistic and weight is given to male characters. CB and SH have a lot of chemistry together. Brilliant casting.

Comment

• wildbee
                  Board Regular
                  • Oct 2007

Of all people to turn Jaimie in.............his sister !!
                  I still can't look at Jack Randall and not hate him, the man has 8 lives and I'm pretty sure he's alive
                  Sunday's episode looks promising
                  As Jamie realized that his family will continue to be harassed by the Redcoats (searching/watching their house all the time, then cutting off Fergie's hand), he and his sister planned a "fake turn in" (Jamie). This was also done to put claim on the "Bounty reward" money for anyone capturing "Red Jamie."
                  Jamie wanted his sister to get the "bounty reward money" to help take care of them (family) while he was
                  in prison. Therefore, Jamie and his Sister "faked" it and made it look like his sister took it upon herself to turn him in.

Kudos to the producers/cast.

Comment

• wildbee
                    Board Regular
                    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Rubythroat1 View Post
                    I often look back at the books when a I see a scene, and that part of the story was far better done than the book. At times the book tended to soap opera romanticism, but the filming
                    is far more realistic and weight is given to male characters. CB and SH have a lot of chemistry together. Brilliant casting.

I totally agree. The scene, when Jamie had to leave his little son behind, was heartbreaking. The little guy running behind his father (Jamie on his horse) trying to go with him was touching. There was much chemistry between the actors..father son). Lord john and Isobel ( the cast members) really did their part in making this scene feel like real life viewing.
                    IMO.

Comment

• wildbee
                      Board Regular
                      • Oct 2007

I Totally Agree. Mine's too. Wasn't expecting to see Jamie faint, through.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
                        Aspiring soap scribe
                        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by wildbee View Post
                        [/B]

At least Jamie now has a real modern doctor to tend to him! That part will be of great interest to me--how Claire applies her skills to the 18th century.

Comment

• Penelope P
                          Aspiring soap scribe
                          • Feb 2007

As Jamie realized that his family will continue to be harassed by the Redcoats (searching/watching their house all the time, then cutting off Fergie's hand), he and his sister planned a "fake turn in" (Jamie). This was also done to put claim on the "Bounty reward" money for anyone capturing "Red Jamie."
                          Jamie wanted his sister to get the "bounty reward money" to help take care of them (family) while he was
                          in prison. Therefore, Jamie and his Sister "faked" it and made it look like his sister took it upon herself to turn him in.

Kudos to the producers/cast.
                          Thank you wildbee for filling in the blanks for me, they did a great job!!

[/B]

He fainted well and I would have too after 20 years past!!

Comment

• Rubythroat1
                            Aspiring soap scribe
                            • Jan 2014

I missed the show last night, but glad there is an extended show next week. I would like it if they skip the chapter on his sister's setting him up with his former "paramour" in Scotland,so he would not be lonely.
                            That is something I could do without.

Comment

• Penelope P
                              Aspiring soap scribe
                              • Feb 2007

Well,...................It certainly was worth the wait. I wasn't aware that I was holding my breath in the s-l-o-w undressing of each other's clothes. Well done and to imagine there were at least 20 film crew sharing this intimacy!!
                              Last edited by Penelope P; October 24, 2017, 03:58 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X