Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am officially in love with Roger. He found some standing stones in the wilderness, and the sound of humming similar to Inverness. The temptation to go through must have been
    overwhelming. I'm rooting for you man!

Comment

I think that Jaimie is wrong in getting Bonnet brought to him so he could have him killed for Brianna. I know he's trying to right a wrong in those days but clearer minds must prevail.

Comment

What bothers me more is the secrets that everyone is keeping. I'm going to kill him, but don't tell Brianna because she wants to do it. I found the man but don't tell Claire or Brianna. It's getting annoying. I know that I'm looking at it with a current eye and that back then the man did everything and the women were supposed to be fragile and helpless, but I was interested in the books because Claire was a modern woman and very much an equal but to see it on the screen, Jaime seems like such a jerk.

I laughed at the scene where Young Ian got down on a knee and gave Bre his word and Jaime yelled get up you dope.

Comment

Originally posted by believeinme246 View Post
          What bothers me more is the secrets that everyone is keeping. I'm going to kill him, but don't tell Brianna because she wants to do it. I found the man but don't tell Claire or Brianna. It's getting annoying. I know that I'm looking at it with a current eye and that back then the man did everything and the women were supposed to be fragile and helpless, but I was interested in the books because Claire was a modern woman and very much an equal but to see it on the screen, Jaime seems like such a jerk.

I laughed at the scene where Young Ian got down on a knee and gave Bre his word and Jaime yelled get up you dope.
          In the book, Jaimie asked Ian to propose to Brianna. In Jaimie's era, cousins married all the time. Much later, Queen Victoria's parents were cousins, and she married HER first cousin Albert.
          Brianna has them all dancing to her tune. I'm sorry, but the author has the women in dominant roles, controlling the action of the male characters.
          Good God, we don't even have that kind of power in 2019! All the guys are hopping around going to find Roger while Murtuagh offers to take Brianna to River Run.
          Who the H is going to care for the farm and the animals and garden?

* I know this is petty--but I would like nothing better than to run a fine comb through Jaimie's scruffy bangs. It detracts from his handsome looks.
          Claire--doing something about your man!
          Last edited by Rubythroat1; January 8, 2019, 01:11 PM.

Comment

How do you feel about the casting?

Claire was very close to what I imagined, but Jamie wasn't at all. I pictured him as a giant burly Scot, maybe a lot more square-framed, and when I first saw him, he was just a boy. He didn't have any of those giant features that I imagined. The actor has grown on me, though, and I like him more that he's aged. I know what you mean about the hair though, and he lost a few points for me peeing on the side of the building. haha.

However, although Roger didn't look at all like I pictured him, I am madly in love.
            Last edited by believeinme246; January 8, 2019, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by believeinme246 View Post
              How do you feel about the casting?

Claire was very close to what I imagined, but Jamie wasn't at all. I pictured him as a giant burly Scot, maybe a lot more square-framed, and when I first saw him, he was just a boy. He didn't have any of those giant features that I imagined. The actor has grown on me, though, and I like him more that he's aged. I know what you mean about the hair though, and he lost a few points for me peeing on the side of the building. haha.

However, although Roger didn't look at all like I pictured him, I am madly in love.
              The actress playing Brianna is a Brit, and her American accent is too flat. Also, she is supposed to be six feet tall. I think the casting in general is pretty much on the point. I keep wondering if they dyed Sam H.'s hair, since
              he is supposed to be as red as a fire truck. I think he is blonde, from the interviews.

Comment

The hair color irks me, although I know that I'm being picky. Neither Jamie or Bri really have red hair. However, when the tops of the heads are dyed, no one dyes their brows, and it looks so unnatural. I do not believe that there was anything like hair dye back then, so people wouldn't have multiple colored body hair.

I actually like Bri although her accent isn't native. I think that between last year and this year, her acting chops have improved. Regardless, I find her very likable. However you are right. She was supposed to be a big girl, indicative of Jamie's build, and she looks like a typical modern young woman with her frame.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
                  Rubythroat1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When Brianna came to River Run and met Jocasta, they were nearly eye to eye.
                  Jocasta is a medium height. In those days, women tended to be quite tiny. Like 4 foot eleven.
                  Men were roughly 5 foot seven to nine.
                  Jaimie exclaimed, when he met Brianna--You're HUGE!

There are only 3 episodes left .

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope P View Post
                  There are only 3 episodes left .
                  I am still wondering if they will divide the book into two seasons, or go for broke with Brianna having the baby delivered at River Run, with Claire attending.
                  All the men are off searching for poor Roger, who in the book shows up on his own after a year of wandering, at Fraser's Ridge.
                  Even Bonnet is encountered only by Brianna in the book--so they may change that too.

Comment

Two more episodes left and Brianna's abdomen is just a slight mound (under those tight corsets with a flat farthingale bodice, which made her faint).
                    I laughed out loud when Lizzie the blabbermouth maid blurted out "in your condition" right in front of Lord Grey.
                    In those days a gay man was called a "sodomite" and was evil in the minds of religious people. Lord Grey did not appear to wonder how Brianna understood
                    what she saw between he and the other male guest ; how would a well bred lady like Brianna know about such things?
                    I could not bear to watch Roger's horrible treatment by the Mohawk.

Comment

Lord John was my favorite part of this episode. I loved his scenes with Bri. I was annoyed at her threatening him. It made her look like a witch, but it worked out.

I've read all the books, but I cry for Roger anyway. I wish that everything we are seeing wasn't so graphic. I guess that's cable TV for you. Still nothing will beat what Black Jack did.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubythroat1 View Post
                        Two more episodes left and Brianna's abdomen is just a slight mound (under those tight corsets with a flat farthingale bodice, which made her faint).
                        I laughed out loud when Lizzie the blabbermouth maid blurted out "in your condition" right in front of Lord Grey.
                        In those days a gay man was called a "sodomite" and was evil in the minds of religious people. Lord Grey did not appear to wonder how Brianna understood
                        what she saw between he and the other male guest ; how would a well bred lady like Brianna know about such things?
                        I could not bear to watch Roger's horrible treatment by the Mohawk.
                        I loved the character of Lord Grey and him coming to Brianna's rescue (and I do mean rescue) Roger has gone to hell and back with the Mohawk, but then that's what love does.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope P View Post

I loved the character of Lord Grey and him coming to Brianna's rescue (and I do mean rescue) Roger has gone to hell and back with the Mohawk, but then that's what love does.
                          Lord Grey is rather dishy! I think he sees Brianna as just an extension of Jaimie, whom he adores. One person I could do without is the sleazy Bonnet. Sending Murtdaugh to get him
                          is a mistake, because Bonnet is slippery as an eel and a clever psychopath.
                          I have to hand it to Caitriona Balfe, for being willing to look like hell camping in the wilds of early America.

Comment

• Penelope P
                            Penelope P commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I think Jaimie will always be Lord Grey's unrequited love. Caitriona Balfe could never have a bad looking day IMO. Brianna blackmailing Lord Grey was the lesser of two evils........at least she knew she was safe with him.

Bonnet is just horrible and he looks so evil, which is a testament to the actor, because he recently played sweet Jimmy on Downton Abbey.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
                            Rubythroat1 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Never saw D.A. I will have to check that out.

Downton Abbey was awesome, from start to finish Rubythroat1. Dear Lord, what a gut wrenching ending to the latest episode and in the same breath, I do hope that Bonnet was blown to pieces!!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X