Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB and SH were superb in this sequence. I was a little sorry that the actor playing the original Fergus was not back, because he was so good.
    The "zipper" scene was fun;I do think the photo scene could have been given more time since, it showed something that would have boggled the mind of
    an eighteenth century man. Especially the bikini on the beach.

Comment

Ooh la la, for television this show is quite graphic, in the brothel scenes. I would have thought the openness and no-bother with private rooms, was more the French style than in cold rainy Scotland!
      We see a distance showing between the lovers, after their long separation---which will require an adjustment for both.

Comment

They have a great love for each other and will work through this. Felt sad for Jaimie's printing shop burned to the ground but the two will figure something out. Jaimie has very long and beautiful fingers .

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope P View Post
          They have a great love for each other and will work through this. Felt sad for Jaimie's printing shop burned to the ground but the two will figure something out. Jaimie has very long and beautiful fingers .
          Have you read the books PenP? The next show will be quite interesting. Also probably the last time we see Scotland in scenes. Or at least, the next two.

Comment

^^No Rubythroat1, I haven't read the books and I used to be such an avid reader too . God, these two have been to hell and back and it's still coming.......the plague , but strong they are.

Comment

Well, off on yet another wild adventure. this time with pirates and the West Indies. Claire better get some new clothes or she'll bake alive in that raincoat fabric.
              I'll miss Scotland.

Comment

If this follows the books, there will be a whole lot of "tall ships" used until the end of the season. My goodness that actress playing Marsali looks identical to the one playing her mother (phonetic) Leerie.
                It is amazing that Jaimie naturally accepts any modern contrivance that Claire whips out--like the syringe with the penicillin.

Comment

Meanwhile, back on another ship......I could actually smell the atmosphere through the screen, of Claire enslaved as caretaker to a hull full of typhoid sufferers, with no modern meds and knowing most of them would die.
                  They designed that scene with the 14 year old officer who Claire had befriended, to make everyone cry when he was dropped into his watery grave. Good scene with Jaime, frantic at Fergus for not getting him out of the
                  cell, because he had to make sure Marsali did not get raped by the sailors. I must remind myself never to take a cruise.

Comment

Finally--off that ship!...into the JUNGLE...bitten alive by fire ants...captured by a crazed defrocked priest and his bitter mother-in-law (yes) ..onto the beach-on-the right...to find Jaime and the crew setting sail for Jamaica!
                    Thank God she saved that piece of broken mirror to signal to Jaime...just in time for Mr. Willoughby to stitch up her bamboo slashed arm without anaesthetic! Whew....more scars for the Frasers.
                    I have a feeling there is another ship in next weeks episode.

Comment

We're down to the final episodes soon.
                      Turtle soup...........who knew

Comment

I really enjoyed it when the bitter mother-in-law of the defrocked priest, told Claire she "stunk" and put her into a bath.

Comment

I laughed out loud when Claire ran after "the ghost" at the governors reception in Jamaica, and Geillis said "of all the gin joints...etc (Casablanca) which only Geillis and Claire would understand...while both were wearing
                          18th century clothing. Every episode seems to involve one of them being hauled off to a prison of some kind. At least I was spared the ship this time.

Comment

That was quite an opening sequence Rubythroat1 and I sure hope that really wasn't goat's blood the actress was wearing!! Special effects are really good!!

Season Finale this coming Sunday.
                            Last edited by Penelope P; December 5, 2017, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope P View Post
                              That was quite an opening sequence Rubythroat1 and I sure hope that really wasn't goat's blood the actress was wearing!! Special effects are really good!!

Season Finale this coming Sunday.
                              If you have not read the books, I will not spoil it for you. I will say that I am glad the show has some alterations in the Mr. Willoughby Chinese assistant to Jaimie. He's a lot more
                              dependable, gentlemanly, and not a drunkard. One of my favorite characters and I will be sorry when he is gone.

Comment

Catriona Balfe got a Golden Globe nomination today! Congrats Cat.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X