Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People vs O.J. Simpson

I did not want to watch it at the time, due to the amount of time I spent on the original real trial, but now I know why I did! Courtney Vance, Sterling Brown, and Sarah Paulson all got emmies for the show, playing Johnnie Cochrane, Chris Darden, and Marcia Clarke! Even Marcia was there next to Sarah Paulson. YEHAW! It was riveting. Courtney Vance was powerful and fast in his acceptance speech.

^^^^ Hi, Ruby! I remember we chatted a little about the OJ movies a couple of months ago. I watched the Emmy Awards and was amazed at how many awards it won. I didn't see this movie, but I did watch the 5-part ESPN documentary "OJ:Made in America". Like you, I thought I had had enough of OJ, but now I want to see this movie, too! I also thought Sarah Paulson's tribute to Marcia Clark was moving.

Comment

^^^JB--My absolute favorite was Sterling K Brown as Chris Darden. He is a new phenomenon, and is in "This is Us" now.

Comment

^^^^ I'm not familiar with him. I'm going to see if I can catch the movie on Netflix. I feel now that I really missed something - lol.

Comment

JB - like you, I now feel I missed something in not seeing this. I don't have Netflix, if it is even on there; nor whatever channel it played on. But would like to see it now. I was amazed too to see how many Emmys it received. I've just seen on YouTube interviews with Marcia Clark following release of this production; very interesting. Also saw one with Chris Darden, but he elected not to watch it at all. When asked if he regretted taking on that case - or words to that effect - he said he did, and that it had changed his life, and not for the better.

Ruby - didn't know Sterling K. Brown was on This is Us - I have it on my PVR due to Justin Hartley from Y&R being on it, so look forward to seeing him on this. I too appreciated Sarah Paulson's speech and tribute to Marcia; and how right she was in terms of how she was perceived and treated during the trial.

For anyone who is a reader, Marcia has just released her 6th book. I love mysteries and/or legal thrillers and have read all of her books. She's a good writer.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X