Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquarius

For anyone who watched the first season of Aquarius with David Duchovney last summer, it starts up tonight for season 2. I just caught it on my DVR, because it started last June 2015.
    One episode is called "Helter Skelter" !

Thank you Rubythroat1 for the heads up. I am recording it now and will watch it tomorrow. The words Helter Skelter give me cold chills down my spine.

Comment

Imagine 2 hours of Aquarius commercial free!! I will always remember "Helter Skelter" and even today when I see a picture of Charles Manson, my blood runs cold

Comment

^^^ Same here, PenP. The first time I read Bugliosi's book, my heart nearly went into palpitations, and I could not sleep. I have kept up with the latest on the imprisoned members because of that. This show is slightly fictional in some respects, since the girl "Emma" is not one of the family. The whole production takes me back to those free-wheeling, grungy, anything goes days. I do think Manson is a psychopath, and in the show he is presented more as a psychotic. I am pretty sure that was mostly the drug culture. At any rate, if you can keep up with the different crimes, and whether or not they are related, it is well acted, scripted, and I love David Duchovney's dry sense of humour. Jeez...no cell phones, no computers...how DID they manage?
        Last edited by Rubythroat1; June 20, 2016, 12:21 PM.

Comment

I love David Duchovney period and I'm thankful that they respected Sharon Tate's murder and didn't portray her real death. They captured that era very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope P View Post
            I love David Duchovney period and I'm thankful that they respected Sharon Tate's murder and didn't portray her real death. They captured that era very well.
            Yes. In the flash forward to Cielo Drive, Manson appears on the scene to survey the aftermath. I doubt very much if the little cowardly weasel ever did that, due to fear of capture. After all, when the authorities showed up to roust the family, Manson was cowering under a cupboard in the kitchen. Tiny little creep. The camera angles are very good, because I believe the actor is 5' 9" or so and Manson was 5' 2".

Comment

When one thinks of evil, the picture of Charles Manson comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope P View Post
                When one thinks of evil, the picture of Charles Manson comes to mind.
                Did you catch the last story of Manson, when a young silly girl was engaged to marry him? She was interviewed by a very dubious Diane Sawyer. Then it turned out she was a deranged groupie, who wanted to marry him so that when he died, she could create a museum with his embalmed body on display, in L.A. The guy creates evil entities even to this day!

Comment

This episode moves the story forward. I lilr the relationship bewteen the Black Panters and their leader"Bunchy" and the police, to both of their benefits. This is the best written and acted police procedural since "Hill Steet Blues" with a more of a gritty edgy tone. That is because it is based on the most turbulent time in the U.S. since the second world war. I am still shocked at the female cop, who had an intimate relationship with the Straight Satan drug dealer, as a cover to get to the supplier. I guess in order to endure it, she had to live it, and when the bust came down, she needed to save the guy. Even when he threatened to kill her. Hard going but compelling stuff.

Comment

It struck me, watching the last two episodes, that if you switch the Vietnam war with Isis and homegrown terrorism, the anti-police sentiment around North America, and the BLM movement, the times depicted in Aquarius are not all that much different. Even the "FRO" is back along with Hipster variants on the dress! Manson has had one or two variants in terms of cult charismatic followings, over time. The one thing that bothered me was golden boy getting hooked on heroin, in his undercover capacity. His wife is also getting up my nose. I hope she stands by him.

Comment

Aquarius was interrupted by the Repub convention last week, but it appears to be back this week Thursday night.

Comment

Aquarius pre-empted for the RNC and the DNC, and now appears also pre-empted for the Olympic coverage in NBC!!! When is it back?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubythroat1 View Post
                          When is it back?
                          IMDb says .. August 27

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3768572/...tt_eps_yr_2016

Comment

Originally posted by Holly99 View Post
                            Thanks Holly. It's been moved to Saturday on the above date. Does not look like a season three is in the works.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X