Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maya and Marty-new show

Has anyone checked out Maya and Marty yet? It's a new variety show, with Martin Short and Maya Rudolph (the bride in "Bridesmaids").
    I found it quite funny in spots--like the Old Hipsters skit-with Maya and Marty as a truly out-there hipster couple, and Tina Fey and Steve Martin
    as vacuous hipster friends. Sean Hayes shows up as the "night Dad" who takes over as father on the night shift!
    Another funny skit was Maya as Melania Trump, doing a shopping channel ad for "edible diamonds"...that was hilarious!

I have watched all the shows so far, and will stick with it, since it is a summer show. It is spotty, I mean some skits are not so good, but others are hilarious. I am really enjoying Maya Rudolph, she is such a great mimic.
    They had a wonderful tribute to the Orlando people on the last show, with a whole crowd of musical performers, including Victor Garber, Len Cariou, Andrea Martin, Josie Perez, and many others singing "What The World Needs Now" and I must say it brought a tear to my eye! Regular visits by SNL alumni as well.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
    Working...
    X