• penny
    Recurring Poster
    • May 2013

Nashville

Anybody going to be watching? Can't wait for Deacon & Rayna to get married
  • Safarah
    Executive Poster
    • Nov 2014

I recorded it tonight, because my dvr has been set to record it for years now. But, honestly, I have been wondering these last three and a half months of NO show, whether or not I was going to bother watching it anymore. The recording still sits there unwatched and it is after midnight. I don't know what to do. I am just so mad at the show for taking such a long break, especially since I wasn't too happy with it when it ended months ago. I just feel like, if we viewers don't mean any more than this to them, why should we care about it anymore?? I'm really tired of the show taking so long to get started back up after Christmas. It is just ridiculous, especially since it's not as good as it used to be. They just can't expect audiences to wait around for months like this. It's just not right or fair.

I am really pissed that they killed off Jeff. That was strike about 4 for the show. lol. I hate the PPD crap with Juliette. She was too over the top for me, and she CAUSED Jeff's death! I'm pretty much done with her now. There is just so much between Deacon and Rayna, I just don't know about them anymore, either. I just really don't know about anything with this show anymore. Heck, it's been so long since I've seen it, I don't even remember a lot of it. LOL! If there was ever a tv show suicide, this is it. Piss off the entire viewing audience, and then go on Christmas break for three and a half months.
    Last edited by Safarah; March 17, 2016, 12:22 AM.

Comment

• penny
      Recurring Poster
      • May 2013

It was so good last night. Something did come to light about Jeff's accident. The PPD was already written into the show before Hayden left in real life as she was suffering with it as well.
      I also watch Have and Have nots and they take a mid season break as well. It seems more shows are doing that.

Comment

• SoccerPhotos
        Senior Board Member
        • Aug 2005

Did the show itself take a break or was it the network that made them take one? While I definitely feel like the network itself could care less about the show (probably due to ratings), I will still support the show while I can. I honestly don't think it was their fault that they were on hiatus for so long.

That said, while I still enjoy the program, I do feel the writing has gone down for it

Comment

• MsNanice
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Feb 2004

Loved, loved, loved this episode
          My Ryana & Deacon got married....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
          I am concerned for Avery, Kayla knows Jeff died trying to save Juliette...I wonder if she will try to harm Avery

Comment

• Safarah
            Executive Poster
            • Nov 2014

Originally posted by MsNanice View Post
            Loved, loved, loved this episode
            My Ryana & Deacon got married....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
            I am concerned for Avery, Kayla knows Jeff died trying to save Juliette...I wonder if she will try to harm Avery
            Yes, MsNanice. Layla knows the truth now, Yay!, thanks to Colt finally seeing her and telling her the truth. Good boy. So much better than his image-seeking father. I do not want Avery to be hurt in all this. Or that beautiful little baby. But, I really don't care anymore about Juliette. It was not all PPD that caused her to act the way she did. A big part of it was her own selfish, destructive, spoiled, and entitled attitude that makes her believe she is cute and popular enough to act any way she wants, and still have everything she wants at her disposal. But only when she wants it. Everyone is supposed to live on pause, until she finds use for them again, in her self-important and oh so tragic world. And to hell with them in the meantime, when she is having fun and partying like an idiot. lol. I am done with her. Avery and that baby deserve so much better.

Yes, Rayna and Deacon finally married. There is just so much between them, and them girls aint helping much, are they? They can have it all together one minute, and then the next minute, they just are so full of jealousy for each other, and feeling so left out with each other's daddies. It's like, come on girls, get it together. This is ridiculous. lol. But then again, we have to remember that this time last year, Mommy was fixing to marry Luke. And the year before that, she was so in love with Teddy. So, hey. Maybe they have a right to feel the way they do. Maybe they think, who will Mom love next year??

Anyway, I finally broke down and watched my recorded episode the other day. And yes, it was a really good one. I am really glad I watched it. And I am right back into it. I hated Scarlett chopping all of her hair off, it was awful to me, but I was kind of getting used to it with this latest episode. I still miss her long, beautiful hair. But, it is kind of cute, in a Pixie sort of way. It matches her very quirky personality. I am still hoping she and Gunner get back together. They just have to. There is no one else on Earth for either one of them, because they are lifemates, soulmates, and they are meant to be together.

Comment

• penny
              Recurring Poster
              • May 2013

Someone refresh my memory on what was going on with Luke!! I can't remember. I also wonder what Layla will do with the info she has now.

Comment

• Safarah
                Executive Poster
                • Nov 2014

Originally posted by penny View Post
                Someone refresh my memory on what was going on with Luke!! I can't remember. I also wonder what Layla will do with the info she has now.
                Luke is devastated that his son Colt is so angry with him over covering up Jeff's death, and Colt moving out to live with his grandparents. His assistant is also gone, for pushing him to put the brand over his son's love and wishes, I think he fired her? This is the only thing I can recall about Luke's situation. It's been so long ago now, back in early December, that it's hard to remember. lol

Comment

• Holly99
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  • Dec 2006

Soap Opera Digest ‏@SoapDigest

NASHVILLE CANCELED:

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/conte...ville-canceled …

Comment

• Daytripper2772
                    Executive Poster
                    • Nov 2009

Sucks that Nashville got the axe but this season has been all over the place. I am totally bummed that we will never get to see Juliette and Avery reunite and that the series will end with Deacon and Rayna apart also. Not a satisfying conclusion for loyal fans.

Comment

• Holly99
                      Aspiring soap scribe
                      • Dec 2006

Lionsgate executive Kevin Beggs wrote in an email to employees:
                      "We're looking for a new home. We never give up on a great show."

Source:
                      http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/ne...-cancellation/

Comment

• MsNanice
                        Aspiring soap scribe
                        • Feb 2004

I'm hoping they find a new home for Nashville...there are more stories to tell

Comment

• Safarah
                          Executive Poster
                          • Nov 2014

Well, I just came over here and read this sad announcement. The article came out on May 12th?? That was my birthday. OH Bummer! Terrible news for one of my favorite shows. I can't understand why they are doing this. There has been some bumps in the road for them, but it is still a really good show, with lots more story to tell, just like MsNanice said up above. I'm really saddened by this news.

Thank you, Holly99, for posting this or we may never have known. I could just see myself getting all excited for the new season to start up next Fall, only to discover there won't be one. Or that there is one, but on a different station, and I've been missing it. LOL.

So thanks a lot for letting us know. Will have to keep checking to see if they find a new home. I sure hope they do.

Comment

• ant48
                            Senior Board Member
                            • Jun 2015

I also hope that Nashville finds a new home.

Comment

• Holly99
                              Aspiring soap scribe
                              • Dec 2006

Just finished watching the series finale .. & .. loved every minute of it.

With Hayden Panettiere's health issues .. the writers had to leave the fate of Juliette "open" .. in case the actress is unable to return to the show.

So .. **fingers crossed** .. the show finds a new home .. Hayden's health issues are resolved .. & .. 'Juliette' returns with the rest of the cast.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X