This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAMIEN

this new show starts 3-7 on A&E, is anyone else planning to watch?
    it's based on the character from the omen movies. and it has BARBARA HERSHEY!!! i LOVE barbara!!!

Thanks for the heads up mamabarri...........the original "Damien" was damn scarry, so hope this one proves up to snuff. I have it programmed.

Comment

*smiling*, it will be nice to chat about it here, thanks ms. P!

Comment

dang... i hate to say it, but this earned my lead balloon...

Comment

I enjoyed the first epi and how it tied into the original movie and it definitely delivered on the scary lol

Comment

Although the series referred to the main characters of The Omen, the lead charcter Damien doesn't instill fear in me as yet. This is a wait and see one for me.

Comment

i will probably give it one more episode.

Comment

Damien is supposed to be in a position of power and has know and accepted his role in life from the movies.
                Now is a war photographer, it a total mistake. Barbara Hershey is playing the same role she played on OUAT.

Comment

barbara is the only reason i'm still interested, i love her to bits!

Comment

This might be a good show!

Comment

I've been a fan(for want of a better word)of the Damien Thorne character since The Omen,the original, came out. That was imo a fascinating piece of art acted masterfullly by some of the finest actors around at the time. To this day The Omen remains one of my all time favorite films! While not as good as the original,imo,the sequel didn't disappoint thanks in large part to William Holden&the always fantastic Lee Grant. Loyalty coupled with curiosity led me to The Final Conflict. It wasn't quite a disappointment but left me more than a bit cold. When word came a continuation was heading to the small screen I was highly skeptical and a bit amused. I wondered what more could be done with Damien Thorne. More importantly why would or should I give a flip about it??
                      A&E's "Damien" answered my all my questions&turned me into a fan all over again! I LOVE this show!!
                      I wasn't interested in watching a program where the devil's son would be protrayed as a man fully aware of his lineage and embracing his dark roots with glee all the while coming across as a hero of sorts. That premise didn't appeal to me. Thankful tptb of Damien went the other route and gave us a young man completely oblivious to his origins. Watching the first episode of Damien hooked me&I've not been able to break free yet. I so hope this show gets a second season. I find many of the characters very enjoyable. Barbara Hershey's Anne Rutledge is incredibly engaging yet extremely creepy. Robin Weigert's Sister Greta has me captivated by her quest. Bradley James is doing a phenomenal job as a torn,confused,hurt,and angered adult Damien Thorne.
                      It's been years since a primetime show has piqued my interest,held it&left me hungering for me. A&E's "Damien" has done it. This is a wonderful show that deserves a second season&beyond! I hope it's renewed and enjoys many successful seasons on air.

Comment

Last night's finale was amazing! I believe it was the most mesmerizing thing I've seen in primetime in ages!
                        This show deserves a second season. A&E has struck pay dirt!!

Comment

Having seen all 5 films which includes the remake and always enjoying watching these movies I wondered how the series would be, after finding this thread and reading the last two posts I'm going to give it a watch!

Comment

let me know where you find it , please, because i can't find a free broadcast and it ended in may.

Comment

mamabarri, Damien was cancelled in May of 2016 .

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X