Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downton Abbey

'Downton' will air its final episode Sunday March 6 on PBS.

^^^^ Yes, this season has flown by! I can't believe there's only more more episode. I hope Edith's (ex) beau comes back for her. I want her to have a happy ending! And I would like to see Anna and Bates have their baby!

Comment

^^^Me too July Baby and yes it sure has flown by. Looks like Barrows got a second chance too.

Comment

I never thought that Barrows would be a sympathetic character but I really was sad for him. He was alive during the wrong time.

Comment

I was so glad that Mr. Barrow got to resume a position within Downton Abbey, and actually thought it was rather fitting that he took over for Mr. Carson when he could no longer perform his duties. Barrow is my favorite, so I was elated that he got a happy ending, particularly after enduring that most recent tragedy. He truly is one of the most complicated characters on the show.

Comment

SPOILER!!!!

I was in London over Christmas so already saw the last episode as you did. Where are you watching from? PBS hasn't yet aired the last episode.

I liked how Fellowes wrapped up all the storylines but was sad about Carson. I wanted him to have his happy ending too.

Comment

I'm in the need of some Tea and Sympathy with Downton ending tonight.

Comment

^^^^ I know how you feel! BTW, did you like that movie ("Tea and Sympathy")?

Comment

My local PBS station have binge watching of The show up until the final episode. So glad that Mary finally let Matthew go and found her equal match, Mr. Carson was in the early stages of Parkinson's disease and he had no choice to leave his position. Glad that the Bates got their miracle child and Lady Edith found her perfect match who didn't care about Marigold, but still wanted a future with her. Violet and Lady Crawley were a pistol into going to get the man and loved the expression when Lady Crawley announced that she marrying her boo.
                  Glad the series ended with everyone getting their happy ending.

Comment

^^^Yes, to the above dottie99 and I was so happy for Lady Edith's happy ending too. Looks like Tom will also have a happy ending also. Barrows turns out that through out all his history, he was rewarded and thankful. The Bates family are complete now . What a beautiful and well made series. Thank you and bravo

Comment

It was a perfect wrap-up except for the sad news about Carson. I wanted him and Mrs Hughes to have a long happy senior life or retirement together.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope P View Post
                        ^^^Yes, to the above dottie99 and I was so happy for Lady Edith's happy ending too. Looks like Tom will also have a happy ending also. Barrows turns out that through out all his history, he was rewarded and thankful. The Bates family are complete now . What a beautiful and well made series. Thank you and bravo
                        Originally posted by believeinme246 View Post
                        It was a perfect wrap-up except for the sad news about Carson. I wanted him and Mrs Hughes to have a long happy senior life or retirement together.
                        Yes to both of these posts! I was also happy that Mrs. Patmore and Mr. Mason might have a future together, as well as Daisy and Andy. And I'm glad Baxter will be "staying in touch" with Mr. Molesley - I like them together. And although Mr. Carson's situation is sad, at least he will stay on at Downton as the senior statesman, so to speak, and have a pension. I was happy for Mr. Barrow that he will be back at Downton and assume the butler's position, and I can picture Barrow and Carson running the place together. Robert came up with a great solution to a tricky problem.

Also, it was nice to see Rose and her husband again. And I absolutely love Rosamund - what a wonderful, supportive aunt she is! And, it's nice to see Mary and Edith getting along. All in all, it was a great wrap-up to a wonderful series. I will miss it.

Comment

I read that they may consider a movie?

Comment

Feeling those Downton Abbey withdrawals blues.

Comment

Originally posted by GoodWillTalking View Post
                              I read that they may consider a movie?
                              If I'm being honest, I hope that they don't. Things wrapped up very nicely and I'm not sure that a movie could do credit to that. That said, I wouldn't turn my nose up at a Christmas special.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X