Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X Files

I don't know what happened to the X Files thread--but I started a new one just for the last episode episode of the six reboot series. This one had some returns---"The Big Smoky" as Mulder called him, and Agent Reyes, looking not one bit older than 12 odd years ago in New Mexico. So she was the woman in the black suit, putting a cigarette into CSM's trach opening. Outbreak of superviruses and anthrax, and the only saviors are those with alien DNA. I'm sure all of the panic is due partly to the reality show stirring up trouble--another parable of our times. A stealth craft hovers over Miller, Scully, and a very sick Mulder in a car on a bridge. I hope it is there to deliver a million vaccines and not take Scully again! Do we have to wait a year to find out?

I'm thinking that aircraft is there to pick up alien dna carriers only so that would be Scully and now Mulder as he was getting the alien dna pumped into his veins. I really enjoyed watching the X-Files and hopes it comes back next season.

Comment

Yeah I hate the way the board seems to drop stuff after so long or something. Same thing that happened here happened to the Edge of Night thread and the Another World thread. Actually makes me feel like why both to post. Many times there is useful info in the posts about past episodes or movies with actors in them. Episodes that end up re-airing, but the info about the title or whatever here is gone.

Anyway I almost didn't want to watch the last episode since I knew it would be the last (at least for now but who knows). Savor the past 5 which I enjoyed a lot. Of course I watched the last episode though. I liked that "My Struggle II" was from Scully's prospective in the beginning narrative. I liked seeing how CSM's life was saved and thought the makeup was great for him, although still hard to believe--but then this is the show about "I want to Believe" isn't it LOL. Nice to see Reyes again. Liked how Dana and Einstein worked together. I even enjoyed seeing the talk show host make a reappearance. Liked that the show revisited the whole alien and conspiracy part. Thought the gene altering aspect was an interesting angle to take. However, I did feel there was way, way too much jammed into this episode not to feel kind of like whiplash. It might have been a chaotic time but how fast the events and such played out...well didn't care for the pacing of it. IMO this should have been played out over many, many weeks or in a 2-hour movie. I get they didn't have that time but honestly I felt jamming it all in damaged the last episode. Hubby and I both looked at each other and didn't know what to say.

I really hope that The X-Files continues. I would like to see it become a regular season show. Hubby and I pretty much looked forward to it and enjoyed it this time around as we did before. Just too short of a time on.

*BTW just came back to say I see they brought back the Another World with it's many threads that I remembered so maybe The X-Files thread will make a reappearance. Edge of Night is still pretty much gone still.
      Last edited by TunerEyes; February 23, 2016, 10:51 PM.

Comment

I wondered if the ship at the end wasn't the aliens returning (not consortium) and deciding to intervene in what was happening. I even wondered if Fox and Dana's son was on board.

Comment

Remember the scene where officials showed Mulder the stealth craft with the "invisibility shield" ? That's why I don't think this craft is of alien origin, but somehow directed by "the self-proclaimed most powerful man in the world" CSM. Some of the time in this episode I wanted Scully to knock that agent Einstein down the stairs, or slap her upside the head, with her consistent refusals to acknowledge what was right in front of her.
          I still can't believe I have to wait a year to see the resolution. However it seems that way with most series now---Aquarius ,Outlander, the former Defiance, and so many others.

Comment

Aww, boo! What happened to the other thread? What a bummer! I was really enjoying reading everyone's posts on there!

Ah, well! Thanks for starting up the new one, Rubythroat! I very much enjoyed this last episode, and I deeply hope that they will continue on with the new episodes down the road! I've been reading various articles that seem to indicate the success achieved through interest in viewership, as well as the interest by the creative parties to come together and do it all again! I mean, they can't just end forever on that note, can they?? Can they?!!!

Kudos to the observation about the invisibility shield on that stealth craft, too! I am so curious to know who was flying that ship! Was it a human? An alien? Or something else all together?? Stay tuned!

Comment

^^^ STLT--at least the cliffhanger at the end of the episode indicates that there indeed will be a further resolution to the series. I cling to that. Getting tired of series that get cut off at the knees with no final resolution. That happened with "State of Affairs" which I never missed.

Comment

^ Oh, was State of Affairs the one with Katherine Heigl? I never saw that one, but it looked good, and I was disappointed to hear that it was cancelled.

Yes, I am ALL FOR a continuation if all involved parties are willing and able! This has been one of the most exciting television events for me, ever, lol! It was so exciting to see them all back together again! I would especially welcome more episodes penned by Darin Morgan (Were Monster!!), and would be elated if they could find a way to bring Vince Gilligan to write another episode, as well! Perhaps they could grab him when he isn't otherwise scheduled with Better Call Saul? He is just SUCH a brilliant creative force (Breaking Bad is my all time favorite drama), and he said how he wanted to participate, but couldn't because of his other show obligations, but also mentioned how he would be excitedly tuning in to watch the new episodes and how he loved writing for The X Files!!

Would you ever be interested in seeing them on the big screen again, as well? I really did love the movies, too, particularly the first one.

Also, can someone remind me what became of Alex Krycek? It's been a minute since I've watched those final seasons, lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Santeenluvtheme View Post
                  ^ Oh, was State of Affairs the one with Katherine Heigl? I never saw that one, but it looked good, and I was disappointed to hear that it was cancelled.

Yes, I am ALL FOR a continuation if all involved parties are willing and able! This has been one of the most exciting television events for me, ever, lol! It was so exciting to see them all back together again! I would especially welcome more episodes penned by Darin Morgan (Were Monster!!), and would be elated if they could find a way to bring Vince Gilligan to write another episode, as well! Perhaps they could grab him when he isn't otherwise scheduled with Better Call Saul? He is just SUCH a brilliant creative force (Breaking Bad is my all time favorite drama), and he said how he wanted to participate, but couldn't because of his other show obligations, but also mentioned how he would be excitedly tuning in to watch the new episodes and how he loved writing for The X Files!!

Would you ever be interested in seeing them on the big screen again, as well? I really did love the movies, too, particularly the first one.

Also, can someone remind me what became of Alex Krycek? It's been a minute since I've watched those final seasons, lol!
                  I think he was killed toward the end. (Alex) have to check my discs. I have every one of them, including the two movies. My absolute favorite was "Squeeze" and the part II, as well as "Coprophages".
                  The only objection i had, was killing off the Lone Gunmen. I loved those guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubythroat1 View Post
                    I think he was killed toward the end. (Alex) have to check my discs. I have every one of them, including the two movies. My absolute favorite was "Squeeze" and the part II, as well as "Coprophages".
                    The only objection i had, was killing off the Lone Gunmen. I loved those guys!
                    Ooo, "Squeeze" is a great one! I also always thought that the episodes with Donny Pfaster were incredibly creepy- "Irresistable" and "Orison." I was so glad that Scully took him out in the end! That guy was pure evil! (Shudders)

Oh, yes, I've got the whole series and the movies, as well! I've been rewatching a lot lately! I have SO many beloved episodes, it's so hard to pick favorites, lol! I'm a huge fan of season 6, but the really early stuff is fantastic, as well. I love "The Unnatural" and "Milagro." "Ice" is a great one, and "Beyond the Sea." I love any time Mulder and Scully get lost in the woods, like "Darkness Falls" and "Detour." OMG, and I LOVE "War of the Coprophages!!" "Her name is BAMBI???!"

I will always miss The Lone Gunmen, too!!I wish they'd been more than just a hallucination this season, lol!I always thought it was so cute how Frohike had a crush on Scully.

Comment

My best wish, is for Mulder and Scully to somehow reunite with William--maybe in an episode where he is a teenager with "strange goings on"..that his farm owning parents can't figure out. They are likely evangelical, and may think he's possessed or something. He does not have to know Scully is his Mom. I could write the script and send it!

Comment

^ Umm, if you write that script, I would be more than happy to read it! That sounds amazing!! And I hope they'll eventually end up meeting William again, too!

Comment

Hey, just started watching NCIS: New Orleans and immediately recognized Nicolas Lea (Krychek) on tonight's episode.

Comment

I read this week, that David Duchovney and Gillian Anderson are in talks for "an extended return" of the X Files next season! Yehaw!! That means it should be more than just the 5 episode starter they put on Season 1.

Comment

Guess what's coming back? Yep, The X-Files with Duchovny and Anderson and Chris Carter will be back for 10 more episodes. Here's the write up of it in the LA Times: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...htmlstory.html

I thought the reboot six episodes were decent (some better than others) but suffered from having to spend so much of the 6 episodes explaining what the show was about for all those who didn't see it back in the 90s. With that behind us, hoping we can get back to some good story-telling. I like the mythology stories as well as the paranormal with the humorous ones thrown in occasionally. As I recall we learned Scully and Mulder's son was special and was "out there" (wink) somewhere.
                              Last edited by TunerEyes; April 20, 2017, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X