Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empire (Season 2)

Who's watching season 2 of Empire when it returns next Wednesday 23 at 9pm???!!! I know that I am!!!

I'll definitely watch...can't wait to see what happens next Hope season 2 is as good as season 1

Comment

^ Me too!!!...Never thought this would be my favorite show too. I don't got for these type of primetime shows, but FOX kept playing the promo before season 1 aired, that made me want to watch it! I heard we are going to have more guests on the show, so that would be interesting....

Comment

Ready for tonight! Lots to talk about!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

All hail the King, but he better watch his back, because the Queen is pissed.

Comment

September 24th

The show started off slow. There was a concert event to free Lucious. Cookie had to put it out for the people's sympathy. She was not interested, she just wanted to promote her artists. She really wanted to take over the business she created, from her very own son, Jamal, since Lucious knighted him as the the boss of Empire Entertainment. Hakeem and Andre is upset that their Jamal has the hold of the business. Then there is this lesbian, named Mimi. Don't know if she was one though. Cookie wanted her to put her own money down for investment and be a partner of the business. Mimi was playing games, but later that night, there was the lesbian party and she really liked Anika.

Meanwhile, Cookie's so called friend or so was in prison and then there was this guy, who send roses as we recall from last season. I'd call him Mr. Roses, since I don't know his actual name. He was a drug dealer back in the day and now is in prison and wanted to know who snitched on him. He targets Cookie's so called friend. I wonder if thats her cousin?? Mr. Rose finds out that Cookie snitched on him and so he gives her a present with a rose. In the present was dead man's head. Cookie gets scared and tells her family to go to Lucious house for protection. She pays Lucious a visit and tells him to help her. So he did, and its soo good! Mr. Rose told him to be beware of him. But Lucious turned the tables around, now, either Mr. Rose is hurt or dead. I believe dead because Lucious said, kill him.

Another best part was that Mimi made a deal with Lucious! When Cookie, Hakeem, and Andre had this attitude at the meeting, and trying to take down Jamal, Jamal turned the tables on them and had Lucious said something that had me rooting soo hard!

Today's show was good. I just did not get the ending though. Why is Jamal soo mad at his family? Was it the takeover? I really don't know.....

Comment

the heck with jamal, he is slowly turning into daddy dearest and doesn't even realize it. I can't wait until lucious finish using him up, and tosses his butt to the side. he deserved those two slaps from cookie, a woman who had his back unlike his daddy. chris rock as a menacing drug lord (talk about stunt casting at it's worst). he was better off playing pookie (reincarnated). Lucious complaining about cookie not visiting him, and jail being hard (unfreaking-belivable.) the best scene of the night is when cookie finally visits him, they still have mad chemistry, and no matter what the circumstances are, she will always be his bonnie. LOL moment is when cookie told anika (she can't even dike right). The WFT moment was cookie in the gorilla suit, sorry that scene was whack as HE!!.

Comment

I'm not mad @ Jamal...he is running the company & his family was working to take it over
                My lol moment was when Cookie told her sister to dry those Tammy Faye Baker tears & get the children are to a safe place!

Comment

MsNanice, I totally agree. The problem is Cookie knows Jamal, she has no clue about the other two, they had no intention sharing power with Jamal, heck Andre was planning on screwing over both Cookie and Hakeem as soon as he could, I would not be surprised to find out he and his wife went behind the others back and struck a deal with Marisa Tomei's character.

I might be wrong but I really don't think Lucious is using him, because if he wanted someone to control he would have picked Hakeem, I think the reason he chose Jamal is because he finally realized that the son most like him was the one he had more in common with was the gay son he used to beat the hell out of. One of my coworkers said she did not like that the writers were writing Jamal hard, and I had to point out to her that Jamal was already hardened by his father, because the harsh treatment he received from Lucious. Like both his parents, Jamal is a survivor and like his father he has a ruthless side.

Ok, they tried to take the company from him and lost, then when Cookie gets into trouble the first person she runs to his Lucious to get her out of the mess she got herself into and to keep their family safe, I don't blame Jamal telling all of them to get their hypocritical butts out of Lucious house, but it killed him to do it Cookie because she was the one he took him out of the trashcan his father threw him in. But I think he felt betrayed at the way she went about it, Cookie chose not to tell him their plan, and IMO, she did it because she did trust him.

Comment

I think Jamal wants to take over the business and throw his family out, even his dad...He was not happy last season when his father did not accepted him. Jamal is playing with him....I don't know whats the deal with his mother. Sure his mother wants to run the business she created...gee, I have sit and find out whats going to happen!

Comment

September 30th

There are two things I don't understand:

- Jamal went back to his boyfriend. How did THEY make up???!!? Must have been behind the scenes
                      - Is Andre adopted???? Or had a different mother??!?

Anyway, here how the episode went! Cookie decides to start her own record label, called 'Dynasty Lyons'. Hakeen wants a girl band group. Don't know if thats going to happen. Andre does not feel what with his mother's new record label. Wants to be a part of his father's label business. Lucious is cruel...but don't know why. Jamel is hot headed. There was this guy who looked like Luda! I called him Luda's character because I don't know the character's name. Luda starts a fight with Lucious on the jail playground. Evenually Lucious gets his men to kill him. Lucious has this slimy lawyer who studied in Guam. He takes him on and the lawyer succeeds to get him out of jail!

So next week....we will see Lucious out of jail!

Comment

I don't know what the heck is going on with this show, but it's starting to lose it's shine. last night's episode was absolutely boring. I am starting to cringe every time jamal opens his mouth to sing. Terrence howard rapping "skills" made my ears bleed. his high pitch voice, doesn't sound "commanding" at all.

Comment

Originally posted by tiff5555 View Post
                          There are two things I don't understand:

- Jamal went back to his boyfriend. How did THEY make up???!!? Must have been behind the scenes
                          - Is Andre adopted???? Or had a different mother??!?

Anyway, here how the episode went! Cookie decides to start her own record label, called 'Dynasty Lyons'. Hakeen wants a girl band group. Don't know if thats going to happen. Andre does not feel what with his mother's new record label. Wants to be a part of his father's label business. Lucious is cruel...but don't know why. Jamel is hot headed. There was this guy who looked like Luda! I called him Luda's character because I don't know the character's name. Luda starts a fight with Lucious on the jail playground. Evenually Lucious gets his men to kill him. Lucious has this slimy lawyer who studied in Guam. He takes him on and the lawyer succeeds to get him out of jail!

So next week....we will see Lucious out of jail!
                          It seems that Jamal and his boyfriend's reunion and romance is totally out and has happened off screen.

I was sort of confused about that mother/child flashback until I realized that this was most likely Luschious and his mother who had a mental illness that Andre inherited. This family's dysfunction is deep.

Originally posted by princerules84 View Post
                          I don't know what the heck is going on with this show, but it's starting to lose it's shine. last night's episode was absolutely boring. I am starting to cringe every time jamal opens his mouth to sing. Terrence howard rapping "skills" made my ears bleed. his high pitch voice, doesn't sound "commanding" at all.
                          I hear ya. All the rapping should be left to Hakeem and his crew. TH should sing in the Isley Brother's Contagious style. The people who I wanted to see whats up were in the background - Anika, Andre and his wife, Becky,
                          and I really want to see more Hakeem. Loved seeing Cookie showing that building a dynasty is not a pop up, no sweat affair.

Comment

^I don't know what you guys are talking about..... Lucious was spitting FIRE in that clink! I LOVE that song, Snitch Bitch​. Petey Pablo took us back to Hustle and Flo... It was miles better than that song Lucious was farting out on season one (some about the DJ spinning or something).

The first episode, was painful in a number of areas. I fast forwarded so much of that episode, but after going back and rewatching it, but being more thoughtful in my FFWDing, it was much better the second time. A number of things, I STILL don't want to see, but overall, I'm not mad at season 2's start. The second episode wasn't so FFWD worthy, so I was able to enjoy it more...

I tell you the character I'm really looking forward to seeing more: Luscious' new lawyer. Ol' Thirsty Rawlings, Andre Rolo is an EXCELLENT choice in that role. I wouldn't even be mad if he and that purple suit take the place of Uncle Vernon.

Comment

Lucious is a BOSS! He is quickly becoming my favourite character (tied with Cookie of course).

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X