• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Penelope P
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2007

The Thing About Pam [MERGED]

The Thing About Pam is an upcoming American crime drama limited television series detailing the involvement of Pam Hupp in the 2011 murder of Betsy Faria. It stars Renée Zellweger, Josh Duhamel, Judy Greer, Katy Mixon, Gideon Adlon, Sean Bridgers, Glenn Fleshler, Suanne Spoke, and Mac Brandt. Set to start on March 8th
  • Nightrocker
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jul 2004

I Came to this Thread because I Thought it was about Pamela Anderson. I guess that in the Streaming Series Thread ❤️

Comment

• Nightrocker
      Nightrocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Penelope

• Rubythroat1
      Rubythroat1 commented
      Editing a comment
      You crack me up Nightrocker.
      I wondered why anyone would make a show featuring Pamela Anderson.

• namers
      namers commented
      Editing a comment
      Ruby, you know she's starring on Chicago on Broadway, right?
  • Rubythroat1
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jan 2014

Starring Renee Zellweiger, based on a true crime story of 2011, it has been advertised so much I tuned in to watch. They have Renee padded all over and possibly even applied
    prosthetics to her face, for a stocky full force real estate agent in Troy Michigan. Her BFF has terminal cancer and she is making herself unavoidably available, despite the
    family not really liking her bossy presence. In the end of the episode the husband of the lady with cancer comes home after being at a party and vaping then going to a fast food take out.
    He walks in to find his dead wife.
    The show is narrated by Morgan Freeman with the same tongue in cheek delivery he uses in his Prison Escape series.
    I'm hooked already. My thought is always "motive". The production focuses on the typical assumptions of cops and lawyers, and there is the same attitude and tone of "Fargo"
    about the characters and the home town scene. I can still hear Renee slurping her icy cherry/Dr. Pepper slushee!

Comment

• Rubythroat1
      Rubythroat1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow. It sounds exactly like Morgan Freeman!

• namers
      namers commented
      Editing a comment
      "tongue in cheek delivery..."

I don't know if you've ever watched City Confidential. They just revamped it with Mike Colter, whom I like as the narrator. But what made it great then isn't there now (they changed the opening). I was sooo obsessed with the original until Paul Winfield died. He had that "dripping with sarcasm" take and when Keith David took over, I wanted to tell him, "Speak more deliberately" but you can't teach that abililty; you have it or you don't!

• Little Lulu
      Little Lulu commented
      Editing a comment
      Dateline is also a major player in this story. I find it kind of ironic that Keith is narrating a story his network had a major play in the facts.
  • militarymom
    Contract Poster
    • Nov 2019

This is just a bizarre series! I don't care for voice overs to begin with. But this is a true story, and they are playing it so campy. I would think the real families would be insulted by this portrayal.

Comment

• kahinamah
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Sep 2019

Excellent first episode, I'm always interested in true stories, here I find the atmosphere, the voiceover, the dark comedy side that reminds me of "Why women kill" really interesting.
      Renée Zellweger's metamorphosis is incredible
      Can't Wait to see more.

Comment

• gippsy
        Senior Board Member
        • Jun 2004

I love this show. It's awesome. Pam's mannerisms are so funny. Renee is totally nailing this character. She should start preparing her Emmy speech.

Comment

• Penelope P
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Feb 2007

Great opener! It's like reverse murder........LOL. RZ is perfection.

Comment

• kahinamah
            • Sep 2019

The 2nd episode is even better, the entry of the lawyer is well done. Always looking forward to seeing the sequel, and the end of the episode.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Jan 2014

I am enjoying the acting by everyone involved. After the poor husband is suckered by a small town Cavelier, inbred female judge and biased lawyer
              as well as ancient jury, Pam gets her moolah and goes for extensive plastic surgery. Now I guess they can take off those prosthetics from Rennee
              and I bet Pam has liposuction. The plot thickens as a well known journalist offers to assist the Defence lawyers with an appeal.

Comment

• Little Lulu
                Little Lulu commented
                Editing a comment
                I am surprised that the first trial did not go into another county. The conflict of interest was over the top. There was also a juror seen at the same bar in the same town as the judge and DA.
            • kahinamah
              • Sep 2019

The poor husband, I think his daughters understood that he did not kill their mother, the lawyer is not going to let go of the case, and he has this journalist woman

I hope that Pam but also the judge and the prosecutor will pay. Excellent episode, the acting is perfect.

Comment

• Penelope P
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Feb 2007

Very campy and delightful to watch. I read up on the real case that this series is based on....very interesting.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Penelope P View Post
                  Very campy and delightful to watch. I read up on the real case that this series is based on....very interesting.
                  I was waiting until the series is over before looking up the details. It is still ambiguous about Pam's guilt. Renee does that steely eyed look of a sociopath
                  really well.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    • Jan 2014

The plot thickens for devious Pam. My husband is better with details. In order for the mother to end up on her back on Halloween, on the lawn, she must have been facing Pam when she pushed her after drugging her with pure Vodka, and she fell. The hand rail was still intact. I was expecting Pam to have gone through that plastic surgery, but she looked the same.

Comment

• kahinamah
                      • Sep 2019

Originally posted by Rubythroat1 View Post
                      The plot thickens for devious Pam. My husband is better with details. In order for the mother to end up on her back on Halloween, on the lawn, she must have been facing Pam when she pushed her after drugging her with pure Vodka, and she fell. The hand rail was still intact. I was expecting Pam to have gone through that plastic surgery, but she looked the same.
                      The husband of the deceased is free, Pam is losing her power little by little, I hope the prosecutor will wake up and stop being friends with this Pam. I love the lawyer and the journalist. Always looking forward to seeing the sequel.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
                        Rubythroat1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think the lady DA had some pause about Pam when she told her that the deceased friend and her were
                        engaged in a sexual relationship. She would not use that in court.

• kahinamah
                        kahinamah commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah, that's a good thing, and I hope she ends up helping the lawyer catch Pam.
                    • Little Lulu
                      Board Regular
                      • Jul 2014

I seen this whole mini series is 6 epi long.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X