Pope had Nick Stahl Dig A Grave to put his Dead Brothers in but Let Nick Go

For the First time in Pope Life he Made his own Choice

Will Nick Come Back ?

Wheres Angela ?

Comment

• Soapfan54
      Soapfan54 commented
      Editing a comment
      I miss Smurf! BIG mistake killing her off!

• Nightrocker
      Nightrocker commented
      Editing a comment
      We Get a Young Smurf ❤️

• Soapfan54
      Soapfan54 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's true, Nightrocker. I'm enjoying her "backstory."
  • Nightrocker
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jul 2004

Animal Kingdom Season Five Episode Two is Called “What Remains”

Sunday July 18 9pm TNT

Comment

• kahinamah
      I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
      • Sep 2019

Great the comeback, Smurt a bad mother besides being a horrible person, no matter what age.
      I do not understand, that those who defends Smurt. I like the gray characters, but she is just horrible, I more compassion for her children who have a little humanity in them, and especially have become like that, because of her.

Comment

• Soapfan54
        Contract Poster
        • Aug 2016

Originally posted by kahinamah View Post
        Great the comeback, Smurt a bad mother besides being a horrible person, no matter what age.
        I do not understand, that those who defends Smurt. I like the gray characters, but she is just horrible, I more compassion for her children who have a little humanity in them, and especially have become like that, because of her.
        I'm more intrigued by the actress' performance of the Smurf character, than I am in "glorifying" the character herself. Ellen Barkin's performance is flawless, as is the actress' who portrays Young Smurf. The latter mirrors Older Smurf and somewhat explains what happened to "shape" Smurf the Older. Some people have a "not nice" personality and that is just who they are. What can make a difference in HOW they live their lives is a stable childhood in a home where the parents recognize their child's personality, and actively work to "shape" the child's natural bent into a productive one. They would need to be consistently firm and show zero weakness w/such a child. The child will never be a nice person, but they could be productive in a field where this could be a powerful tool on behalf of others. But Smurf didn't have that. One cannot do/teach what one does not know. She survived w/what she did know and had to work with, and this is what she taught her children. I don't think her children are inhuman. They're dysfunctional but still have emotions. They're just damaged, which isn't their doing.

This is one of the reasons that I like the show. It's complicated, real, and raw. Who knows who any of us would be were we in Smurf's situation? JMHO

Comment

• kyzer sosay
          Contract Poster
          • Nov 2008

I missed the 7/11 edition so am
          I correct in guessing the white girl
          and black girl who robbed the
          pawn shop are Julia and her
          friend (who is executor of Julia's
          estate?

Was the boat heist by Craig
          and Dream just a spontaneous
          deal, or did they think they’d
          find tons of cash?

Comment

• kyzer sosay
            Contract Poster
            • Nov 2008

Crazy characters often entice
            viewers to watch crazy shows.
            Animal Kingdom has a multitude
            of crazy characters on their
            canvass to enjoy.
            i find that viewers never are tipped
            into what bizarre activity will
            occur next.

Comment

• Nightrocker
              Aspiring soap scribe
              • Jul 2004

Pamela Johnston is Smurf Friend

Comment

• kahinamah
                I Let My Evil Twin Post For Me
                • Sep 2019

Normally I like this kind of character that you describe, but I need them to be gray, or a little evolution as the seasons go by. And I agree our past and our childhood who we built. But Smurf was mostly very unsympathetic, I think it was because of her that her daughter went to drugs and died.

Comment

• Soapfan54
                  Contract Poster
                  • Aug 2016

Originally posted by kahinamah View Post
                  Normally I like this kind of character that you describe, but I need them to be gray, or a little evolution as the seasons go by. And I agree our past and our childhood who we built. But Smurf was mostly very unsympathetic, I think it was because of her that her daughter went to drugs and died.
                  Yes, her daughter rejected the "lifestyle" and went her own way. Lacking the example of "legit" living, she succumbed to self-medicating. However, her mother paid her/J's rent/bills while respecting her wish to leave her alone. Another example of dysfunction. Could her daughter have pushed past her upbringing to make a life for herself/her son, especially since her rent/bills were being paid for her? Possibly. But who's to judge? Can't judge Smurf w/o judging her daughter. Like I said, it's complicated. Humans are complicated beings...

I guess since I've been a single parent, I know how hard it can be. The struggle is REAL, especially if you've no reliable support system. Also, single parents are "damned if you do and damned if you don't." You can be a legit "good" citizen while you/your kids live in semi-deprivation and are only two paychecks away from homelessness OR you can "smurf" to provide for your kids/keep a roof over your heads. Either way, you will be stigmatized and judged because "there's no man in the house."

I'm a grandma now, kids are grown w/their own kids, and we all are doing well. But the trauma of "hard knocks" stays w/you, so I try not to judge a woman alone w/children 'cause I've been there. JMHO

Comment

• kahinamah
                    kahinamah commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I would never judge a single woman who raises her children alone, my mom was a single mother with 3 children, an alcoholic husband who abandoned us when I was 2 years old, my brother 6 years old and my sister 16 years old, I had a loving mother who gave me love, security, without living in luxury, today we each have our own lives, while being close, but following the abandonment, we had consequences on our life journeys. , but I see my mother like a hero, my hero, strong woman, courageous woman,

• Soapfan54
                    Soapfan54 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was speaking to a group of single mothers and I felt impressed to tell them that, "ALL single parents are heroes." Because we are the ones who were there EVERY day, being the parent. The children may have felt somewhat deprived, but they also felt the security of having that parent IN IT w/them. Though the situation was hard, they were not alone nor abandoned. JMHO according to my now-grown kids...
                • Nightrocker
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  • Jul 2004

Episode Two July 18

Smurf Screwed the Cody’s with her Entire Estate and Home being transferred to Pamela in the next Six Months

Pope Worried about Angela not Reporting to her Parole Officer

Pope is Antsy about Smurf’s Ashes

In the 80s Smurf was Smash and Grab with Pamela

Pamela is worried about Smurf’s Future Plans and Wants her to give up her Reckless ways

Smurf Does Coke and Has a Fight with a Drug a dealer at a Party

J Wants Frankie to Find a Fence

Do You Trust Frankie?

Pete Trujuilo has a Job for the Cody’s a Crash Cargo Plane with Drugs and Money

Deran Has Fire on Adrian Clothes and Pics as he Mad at Him

Comment

• Nightrocker
                    Aspiring soap scribe
                    • Jul 2004

On TNT Tonight July 25 at 9:00PM Animal Kingdom Season Five Episode Three Called Free Ride

Comment

• chandon1
                      Contract Poster
                      • Aug 2019

Yesterday I caught an old epi of Law & Order.

In it, one of Smurf's boys had a guest starring role.

From 1996, a very young looking......Shawn Hatosy who plays Pope(i think).

And, the woman who paid him 2 KILL her mom/sister was played by Ellen Pompeo who plays/played in that medical show with McDreamy/McSteamy I don't watch the show so I can't remember the name of it.

One, of the reasons I love 2 watch old epis of L&O 2 see the co-stars in each epi.

Comment

• Nightrocker
                        Nightrocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I like Shawn Hatosy in he Movie The Faculty ❤️
                    • Nightrocker
                      Aspiring soap scribe
                      • Jul 2004

Episode Three July 25

​​​​​In the 80s Smurf Reconnects with Manny and Jake Convincing them to rob the Drug Dealer From Episode Two

Pam is Furious with Smurf’s Theft Kicking her out of her house . Jake takes her and her kids to Oceanside .

Smurfs Ashes are all over the House and Pool .Pope is in a Disoriented State and Misses Smurf .

Deron Got over Adrian Fast Found some Boys on the Beach .

Craig Likes Renn’s New Breasts .

Craig Protects his Family Don’t Want Renn Dealing Drugs in the House .

He Wants Her to Stop Dealing but She Said She Can Take of her Own .

The Cody’s have Trouble on the Mountain Job. The Plane has.Drugs but no Cash and Shots are a fired but they made it out safe .

Back at Cody’s HQ J has a deal to unload the Drugs with Pete .

Pope tells Deran and Craig That J Stole from Smurf Money to buy a Bowling Alley,Laundromat,and a Condo

J Lost his Brothers Trust

Deran Worried that a DEA Agent named Livengood Recent Visit to Find Adrian has Anxiety over Holding the Drugs

At the Beach J meet Pete to Learn Pete wouldn’t pick up the Drugs .He Said he wouldn’t Hold it but Move it .

He needs Time To Find A single Buyer

J Bumps in to Allie at the Beach Nicky Friend .She said an Nicky Married a Marine .

Allie Seems to Want J to Forget about Nicky

Comment

• Nightrocker
                        Aspiring soap scribe
                        • Jul 2004

Tonight August 1 on TNT 9pm Animal Kingdom Season Five Episode Four Titled Power

Comment

• namers
                          Executive Poster
                          • Jun 2008

As we watch the dynamic between Smurf and Pam, I don't see how she would leave Pam everything as she just kicked Smurf out. This was pre-3 more kids too and honestly I don't want to see years worth of flashbacks.

At what point do the brothers kick Jay's behind for making all the decisions?

I enjoyed the bike, coke not money takedown.

Deran's 3-way, then 2-way was racy. His feelings are obviously numb. At least Pope is the only one who cares about his loss.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X