Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Law & Order: Special Victims Unit - Season 20

Another favourite of mine (I continue to watch re-runs). I miss Barba so much!!! I posted in a different thread - in all the years Barba was the ADA, we saw nothing of his personal life; and yet as soon as Stone started on the show, we saw his storyline with his sister. But the premiere episode this week had a completely useless scene where Stone was in bed with someone, and another girl entered the bedroom; the scene made me cringe. But my point here is it was a waste of screen time IMO. I know he's grieving for his sister, but I have no interest in Stone's sex life.

I was surprised by Rollins' pregnancy - wonder if Kelli Giddish is pregnant in real life - but I don't recall ever seeing the guy she was having dinner with. My memory is not what it used to me - Does anyone know him?

I agree totally about the personal stuff with Stone. This has always been a series (all the l&o series) where the main casts personal stories were fairly minor, and trickled out slowly over a long time. He’s gotten more side story in half a season than others have gotten in a decade.

I think I read somewhere that Giddish is pregnant IRL.

Comment

I used to like this show more. Now it is taking current articles out of the news and showing a viewpoint. I don't remember it being as blatant in the past, although they always pulled from the news, just not necessarily political issues.

I could have done without the Rollins Benson debate on abortion. There was no need. I really disliked the episode that seemed to state that it was okay to harvest organs from children without their parents' consent. I agree with the ickiness of showing Stone in bed with two women, when this show really minimized showing relationships. Even Olivia's were mostly hinted at.

I suppose the writers run out of ideas with time, but I long for the good old Benson Stabler days.

Comment

Originally posted by Jupiter Jane View Post
        Another favourite of mine (I continue to watch re-runs). I miss Barba so much!!! I posted in a different thread - in all the years Barba was the ADA, we saw nothing of his personal life; and yet as soon as Stone started on the show, we saw his storyline with his sister. But the premiere episode this week had a completely useless scene where Stone was in bed with someone, and another girl entered the bedroom; the scene made me cringe. But my point here is it was a waste of screen time IMO. I know he's grieving for his sister, but I have no interest in Stone's sex life.

I was surprised by Rollins' pregnancy - wonder if Kelli Giddish is pregnant in real life - but I don't recall ever seeing the guy she was having dinner with. My memory is not what it used to me - Does anyone know him?
        Your absolutely correct! I likedBarba...
        Stone not so much...
        The actress must be pregnant, she’s showing.Well it looks like to me .lol
        i have never seen him and a dr?

Comment

Originally posted by believeinme246 View Post
          I used to like this show more. Now it is taking current articles out of the news and showing a viewpoint. I don't remember it being as blatant in the past, although they always pulled from the news, just not necessarily political issues.

I could have done without the Rollins Benson debate on abortion. There was no need. I really disliked the episode that seemed to state that it was okay to harvest organs from children without their parents' consent. I agree with the ickiness of showing Stone in bed with two women, when this show really minimized showing relationships. Even Olivia's were mostly hinted at.

I suppose the writers run out of ideas with time, but I long for the good old Benson Stabler days.
          Benson and Stabler days !
          Its very political now, even the little girl who’s mom crossed the border and they were separated
          still bringing political ......

Comment

I don’t watch consistently but I often watch older episodes and new ones when I think about it. The episode with the homeless girl was different and interesting.

The most recent one was both shocking and not shocking. I guess I was mostly surprised that Olivia didn’t think a mother could do such a thing. Really? I know they have had cases with mothers who do and would the name Susan Smith ring a bell? I did like how Olivia and Stone didn’t buy her defense.
            The defense attorney was a an annoying jerk. I would rather eat raw meat than have to listen to his nonsense.

I did like Olivia and Amanda’s conversations.

Comment

I really enjoyed this week's episode where Olivia recognized Cassidy in the old photo. I always wished the two of them would get back together. I won't say more so as not to ruin the episode for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Comment

• Jupiter Jane
                Jupiter Jane commented
                Editing a comment
                I haven't seen it yet, but it continues to be one of my favourite shows; and I totally love Mariska. However, I feel the opposite re Cassidy. I couldn't stand Cassidy ever, and I hated that relationship..

• OhioStateFan
                OhioStateFan commented
                Editing a comment
                I liked the episode too. Nice seeing Cassidy, always liked him and Olivia as well.

Another interesting case that looks like it’s going on one direction but ends up going in a different direction.

Amanda didn’t take much maternity time!

Comment

20 years and they still have it , great work by the writers

Comment

I just wish Olivia hadn't been given the line 'The Dads still won't allow her to testify.' Why didn't she just say 'Her parents.' That bothered me a bit.

Other than that, it was a fun rollercoaster of twists and turns. The acting is so good and the writing has gotten way better than it was a couple of years ago.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X