• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rubythroat1
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jan 2014

This Is Us -season3

Chrissy Metz (Kate) was a guest on CTV my local 24-hour news churner this a.m., discussing the September 25/18 premier of season 3 TIU.

I must say, in real life she is very bubbly. The tag line--"Get your tissues ready" !
    *the news was CP24, the show is on CTV.
  • Penelope P
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Feb 2007

Tissues are out. Just a reminder that this series begins tomorrow night. Check your local stations for times.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
      Rubythroat1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks PenP. On my DVR.

• Penelope P
      Penelope P commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine too Rubythroat1
  • Little Lulu
    Board Regular
    • Jul 2014

This is Us comes on here in Canada on 2 stations. Both tapes last night; both just before was the show The Voice. The Voice went over on the one channel, not on the other. BOTH SHOWS WERE different!!!!!! I don't understand! One it was just after Katie and her husband's wedding. The other was the first date of Kate's parents in a carnival. I seen the show with the carnival. Why was there 2 season premier shows?

Comment

• Rubythroat1
      Rubythroat1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Part I and Part II ?.............
  • Little Lulu
    Board Regular
    • Jul 2014

Ruby, good suggestion. I don't think so. On the one that I could see entirety it did not say anything about continuation from the other show.

Comment

• Penelope P
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Feb 2007

I love the story telling in this series.....the flash backs and the flash forwards..........fascinating and of course the love story

Comment

• Rubythroat1
        Rubythroat1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I confess I am still waiting to be in the mood to watch the aftermath of Deja
        and that baseball bat at the wedding. I really do not like that girl.
    • Rubythroat1
      Aspiring soap scribe
      • Jan 2014

I finally watched the premiere. I'm glad they swung Deja a little cooler--that gift of the basketball shoes for Randall's B-Day, that she got from her Bio-Dad's sport store, was
      a typical pivotal moment in the show. I did not like poor Toby having to pour his anti-depressant meds down the toilet to improve his sperm count for Kate.
      I sound like a bitch--but I'd tell Kate to lose 100 more pounds before getting pregnant. Gestational diabetes, kidney and liver strain, pulmonary edema--can kill an
      obese mother. Toby is putting his own mental health in jeopardy. I have seen people go way over the top in their obsession to conceive.
      When I was trying to get pregnant--I was told 37 was "old mother". Hah!

Comment

• Rubythroat1
        Rubythroat1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it was me who suggested part 1 and part 2.
        My main gripe was that they did not follow up on what happened after
        Deja hit that windshield with a bat at the wedding. Whose car was it?

• Little Lulu
        Little Lulu commented
        Editing a comment
        Ruby, yes it was you to suggest part 1 and 2. That is why I replied to you in what I found out. The windshield, I thought it was Randall's car.

• Rubythroat1
        Rubythroat1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought it was that mother of Toby's car, who told Deja she looked like her Dad.
        She was pissed.
    • Little Lulu
      Board Regular
      • Jul 2014

Does anyone know where I can see this part of season opener that I missed?

Comment

• Rubythroat1
        Rubythroat1 commented
        Editing a comment
        You never know--Youtube might have it.
        My DVR includes free viewing of popular shows, after
        a week has gone by. Y&R is one. It is on 'Demand" under TV shows.

• Penelope P
        Penelope P commented
        Editing a comment
        On some tv's, they have what is called "On Demand" where you can watch any primetime show that you've missed.........cool feature.

• Rubythroat1
        Rubythroat1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, PenP--coolest part of Demand tv is that it is FREE !
    • Little Lulu
      Board Regular
      • Jul 2014

thank you for the suggestion.

Comment

• MrsDashDunning
        Soap Addict
        • Jan 2015

So I finally caught up on the show after being behind from last season. Watched on Hulu.

Now I was thinking about the last episode. So Toby went off his anti depressants. Kate is pregnant and Toby is still moping around. Can't he get back on his meds now or does he have to wait to see if Kate is able to carry the pregnancy to term? In other words if she doesn't they have more eggs to fertilize and his meds reduce his sperm count. Did I just answer my own question??

Comment

• Penelope P
          Penelope P commented
          Editing a comment
          She doesn't have anymore eggs MrsDashDunning, they started with 8 (I think) and it was reduced to the final one because it took.

• July Baby
          July Baby commented
          Editing a comment
          He is back on his meds. I guess it takes a while for them to kick in.

• Jj1701
          Jj1701 commented
          Editing a comment
          It can take up to 6 months to even out those meds, so........
      • Penelope P
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Feb 2007

What a love story they are telling. You get so emotionally involved with everyone and everyone has a story to tell........Bravo!!

Comment

• Penelope P
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Feb 2007

Last night was a great reveal........won't say anything till someone has seen the show .

Comment

• 80sBaby
            80sBaby commented
            Editing a comment
            OMG that reveal was a WTF for me. And Randall and Beth - man I REALLY need answers!
        • MrsDashDunning
          Soap Addict
          • Jan 2015

I wonder if we are ever going to see Miguel's story. We got a story about the doctor who delivered the Pearson babies and also a story about the fireman that took baby Randall to the hospital. I want to see Miguel's life.

Comment

• Rubythroat1
            Rubythroat1 commented
            Editing a comment
            The first season they showed Miguel's wife and discussed the reasons why he got divorced.
            I suppose you mean his child with that wife?

• MrsDashDunning
            MrsDashDunning commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes the child and also maybe his growing up. Other characters have gotten a pretty good back story and I'd like to see more of Miguel's.
        • Penelope P
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Feb 2007

Season returns this coming Tuesday. Please check your local stations for times.

Comment

• 80sBaby
            80sBaby commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Penelope, I'm so ready!
        • Penelope P
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Feb 2007

I love this storytelling and the characters/actors that portray their parts. Simply loved what Toby did for Kate in spite of the Do Not Sell box.

Comment

• capricorn47
            capricorn47 commented
            Editing a comment
            So it’s january 23........is anyone still watching?..........this epi was so moving........I love that Kevin Kate. And Randall went back for their uncle.
        • MrsDashDunning
          Soap Addict
          • Jan 2015

So I missed the part after Jacks brother asked the little boy if he wanted to go fishing. I had to run to the kitchen. I know the boat blew up killing the child. Later in the show at an much older age he said it was an accident. All those years Jack thought he had done it intentionally. Did they show what happened or just the explosion?

Comment

• capricorn47
            capricorn47 commented
            Editing a comment
            Nick and the boy were on the boat.....Nick was pulling the pins on the grenades and throwing them in the water to blow up.......nick was having a hard time pulling the pin from the last grenade and the boy was trying to help him....knocked the grenade from nicks hand it landed on the floor of the boat.......nick tried to push the boy off the boat then he jumped off.....the boy got killed in the blast.......so yes I would agree it was an accident..............sorry for the long post...lol

• MrsDashDunning
            MrsDashDunning commented
            Editing a comment
            No need to be sorry. That explains what I missed. Thanks.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X