• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jupiter Jane
    Soap Addict
    • Mar 2004

The Connors

The Connors - Roseanne without Roseanne - will premiere on Oct. 16th on ABC. It will also air on CTV in Canada.
  • samson2
    Soap Addict
    • Jul 2006

I will not be tuning in.....
    Roseanne without the main character? I am surprised her cast and co workers would go on without her.
    She worked her butt off to make the first run ofRoseanne good, and last year the comeback was great.
    all this BS politically correct BS, what happen to freedom of speech.... a joke , and why is ABCjudging and butting in her private life , it’s not on there time or the abc airing......

Comment

• Mermaid777
      Mermaid777 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have no interest in it either without Roseanne.
      Read the other day that the network is regretting
      rushing to judgment and cancellation and are nervous about ratings for the show without her.
      They had a huge hit show! Not sure why they’re just realizing this now...

• namers
      namers commented
      Editing a comment
      Freedom of Speech doesn't apply to privately held companies.
  • Rubythroat1
    Aspiring soap scribe
    • Jan 2014

I might tune in. I tuned out when Roseanne kept supporting you-know-who. I mentioned in the "Roseanne" thread that a new lady for John Goodman could
    be the controversial Kathy Griffin! I'd watch.

Comment

• Jupiter Jane
      Soap Addict
      • Mar 2004

I will tune in out of curiosity, although I agree without Roseanne it w/b strange. But if it's true that Kathy Griffin joins the cast, asper Ruby's post, I would be tuning out.

Comment

• believeinme246
        Aspiring soap scribe
        • Jan 2015

I cannot imagine this succeeding without Roseanne but I'm willing to be surprised. Although her stand-up humor was not to my taste, her TV character was loving, witty, and with a strong sense of family and inclusiveness.

I cannot see KG as a new love interest at all. In fact, there is someone who I can see with JG, but it's not KG. It's the comedian who did the trailer nasty skits on America's Got Talent. She seemed to have the same warm loving vibe and wicked sense of humor that Roseanne's TV personna had. I could see the JG character go for someone who reminds him of his love, when she is no longer there.

Comment

• Emerald Greens
          Aspiring soap scribe
          • Feb 2006

I might actually watch now! She wasn’t my cup of tea. Nails on a chalkboard among other things. Who knows what happens.

Comment

• Mandy_
            Mandy_ commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with you. I might watch the show now. Love JG, L.M., SG, and company.

• Emerald Greens
            Emerald Greens commented
            Editing a comment
            JG will make an appearance too so that’s good.
        • Soapfan54
          Contract Poster
          • Aug 2016

I'm going to watch the first episode to see if they've killed dumbo off. It's morbid curiosity Otherwise, I'm glad the others can go back to being employed--as long as they don't hold the same views as their former co-worker

Comment

• Jupiter Jane
            Soap Addict
            • Mar 2004

I'll be glad to hear your opinion Soapfan. I watched it but not sure I will continue; there wasn't enough to hold my interest and not that funny IMO - although all of the cast is good, and can certainly carry the show.

A couple of reviews I've read out of curiosity have given it a good review.

John Goodman appears to have lost a lot of weight, but in his face I didn't think he looked too well; although I guess that suited the sl as he did look like a grieving widower.
            Last edited by Jupiter Jane; October 16, 2018, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• Soapfan54
              Contract Poster
              • Aug 2016

I watched and was pleasantly surprised at how different the show felt--as if an oppressive weight had been lifted from it's atmosphere. As the family was still in bereavement, the show had a good balance of pathos and humour--so the comedy will probably increase w/each episode.

Also noticeable was: 1) Darlene stepping up to the plate as acting matriarch; 2) the appearance of DJ's wife; 3) DJ's daughter actually had dialog; 4) no mention of politics

Good on Sara Gilbert for not giving up on bringing the show back to the screen! Now that Roseanne's out of the way, Sara can bring the fresh perspective of the next generation. It appears there is potential for the show to succeed and I'm happy for the cast. I will continue to watch. Why? To support Americans working and out of appreciation that ABC sent the right message

Comment

• Emerald Greens
                Emerald Greens commented
                Editing a comment
                It was a good episode Sara Gilbert is good the others are too.
            • Jupiter Jane
              Soap Addict
              • Mar 2004

Despite my comments, I will continue to watch for now and give it a chance.

Comment

• alurkerforever
                Senior Board Member
                • Oct 2004

ABC could pull a Bobby From Dallas. But even still it's not a funny. No mention of Jerry or Andy. No pictures of Roseanne and Dan by the night stand. This isn't going to last. The ratings for the first couple of episodes will probably be good out of curiosty. Roseanne is back on TVLand.

Comment

• Soapfan54
                  Soapfan54 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I noticed that orig Roseanne show is back on TVLand. Whew! I know R. Barr is a happy sista, LOL!!! I understand she receives residuals. Seriously though, keep her in TVLand.
              • PinkDiamond
                Aspiring soap scribe
                • Apr 2007

There was just something missing watching The Connor family...and it was Roseanne...love her or hate her...I just don't see how after maybe the first couple of episodes anyone will continue to have an interest in this family...wish them the best because I like the cast...I just can't see any direction they can go to keep it entertaining

Comment

• Emerald Greens
                  Aspiring soap scribe
                  • Feb 2006

I wouldn’t expect any pictures because of the changes it’s probably a no no .

I thought they did well showing how people cope differently.

Comment

• Soapfan54
                    Contract Poster
                    • Aug 2016

Originally posted by PinkDiamond View Post
                    There was just something missing watching The Connor family...and it was Roseanne...love her or hate her...I just don't see how after maybe the first couple of episodes anyone will continue to have an interest in this family...wish them the best because I like the cast...I just can't see any direction they can go to keep it entertaining
                    It's a new Millennium--it's time for a fresh and positive perspective. I never watched the "old" Roseanne show because it did not represent me demographically, but I can watch "The Connors" because it does. I believe "The Connors" show can succeed, as they are more representative of today's America.

Comment

• PinkDiamond
                      PinkDiamond commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Time will tell...because as I said I like the cast...as for me who watched the "old" Roseanne...I can't see it holding my interest...but I will hang in there to see if anything changes my mind...if not maybe they will get a following from a whole new generation...who won't notice how different it is & won't be comparing it to the old show?

• Soapfan54
                      Soapfan54 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The 'whole new generation' are those of whom i speak. A fresh, new audience of viewers will tune in to watch the Conner children/grandchildren. Those who prefer Roseanne's character can still watch the 'old' show's reruns on TVLand channel.
                  • Soapfan54
                    Contract Poster
                    • Aug 2016

Lecy Goranson (Becky) and Michael Fishman (DJ) were on "The View" today. Did anyone watch? What did you think of what they had to say?

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X