• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel's Cloak and Dagger

Looks like it could be good.

Airs Thursday, June 7th on FreeForm

i'm going to check it out too.

Comment

This show was actually pretty interesting I can't wait to see what happens next.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitney1691 View Post
        This show was actually pretty interesting I can't wait to see what happens next.
        It is interesting, isn't it? I thought it was a "teen" show and that I wouldn't be interested. The first two epis were re-broadcast and I caught them then. I, too can't wait to see what happens next

Comment

can i just say...WOWZEEWOWOW!!! i am SO impressed! very confused, but seriously impressed! I LOVE IT!

Comment

I finally sat down and caught up with the first three episodes. This is good!

Comment

isn't it great? i'm hoping tonight's episode will clear up some of my confusion.

Comment

• VixensVamp
                VixensVamp commented
                Editing a comment
                Did any of your confusion get cleared up?

• mamabarri
                mamabarri commented
                Editing a comment
                somewhat, yes. i watched on hulu so i could get subtitles, the background noise/music is a bit LOUD, lol!

Okay. I've been watching but it's slow getting to the main plot. I Googled the comic book to try and decipher WTH is the story It helped a little but not much. In the comics, both Cloak/Dagger are runaway teens who live on the street and this is where they meet.

I'm not jazzed about the inclusion of sexual activity because this was added to the show. Also don't see the necessity for voodoo and it wasn't in the comics. IMO, it just convolutes the story more. The kids are superheroes, not supernatural heroes. According to the comics, at some point the female detective will also develop superpowers.

I'm still intrigued to see if they'll learn to coordinate their powers, so I'll give the show a while longer.

Comment

well, i guess it's like with the walking dead, the storyline veers some from the comics. i'm not sure i trust that voodoo girl...

Comment

Originally posted by mamabarri View Post
                  well, i guess it's like with the walking dead, the storyline veers some from the comics. i'm not sure i trust that voodoo girl...
                  Yes, you're right about that. I haven't read a comic book since I was a kid and they cost 5 cents I also don't trust voodoo, the girl, or her aunt the voodoo priestess. I thought it was nice of Cloak to intentionally miss the winning shot at game's end (allowing the public school team to win) because the referee had been cheating against the other team the whole game. It was feel-good moment.

Comment

i liked that too! i'm quite pleased with the character development so far.

Comment

i like this new lady, mina. i hope she and her dad are around more.

Comment

Originally posted by mamabarri View Post
                        i like this new lady, mina. i hope she and her dad are around more.
                        Mamabarri, I have to cut the show loose. I started watching last week's recorded show, which began w/a voodoo "reading" AND a full-on sexual act. I had to turn it off. I can't watch this stuff, especially the voodoo.

Comment

it's okay, hon, i know shows like this don't appeal to everyone's tastes. example, i can NOT watch cop or doctor shows, period.

Comment

anybody besides me still watching? i think this week is the season finale?

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X