Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago PD finale

Collapse

Ad Below Title

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chicago PD finale

    Wow - despite the ending of last week's episode, I can't believe they killed off Olinsky ... and it was dealt with in the first few minutes of the episode. Have just read an interview with the show's boss as to how they made the decision that this was the route to go - one thing he said was that Voight had to have some consequence to him killing Bingham. I also questioned the way the doctor told Voight almost in passing that Olinsky hadn't made it. That is not how these things are usually handled. He was asked this as well ... and said that had been done in Elias Koteas' input - his character was not an emotional person and he really wanted this to be true to the character.

    It w/b interesting to see how the relationship between Voight and Antonio goes next season. I like Antonio OK, and he IS right, but sometimes I find him a little judgy lol.


  • #2
    I couldn't believe they killed Olinsky either. Antonio is a good cop and everything but he is a little Judgy he always has seemed to be. I will miss Olinsky on the show I can't wait to see what happens next on the show.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Jupiter Jane View Post
      Wow - despite the ending of last week's episode, I can't believe they killed off Olinsky ... and it was dealt with in the first few minutes of the episode. Have just read an interview with the show's boss as to how they made the decision that this was the route to go - one thing he said was that Voight had to have some consequence to him killing Bingham. I also questioned the way the doctor told Voight almost in passing that Olinsky hadn't made it. That is not how these things are usually handled. He was asked this as well ... and said that had been done in Elias Koteas' input - his character was not an emotional person and he really wanted this to be true to the character.

      It w/b interesting to see how the relationship between Voight and Antonio goes next season. I like Antonio OK, and he IS right, but sometimes I find him a little judgy lol.
      Wow! indeed, Jupiter Jane I'm sorry but the show's boss's reasoning doesn't make sense. Plus, he couldn't think of a more creative way to balance justice w/accountability than killing off a good character? Well at least they got rid of Woods' evil azz. What was his issue? He was hellbent on bringing vengeance to Voight. AFAIC, Olinsky's dead because of Woods.

      As for Antonio, I guess he represents the squad's non-ambiguous, albeit at times annoying, moral member. I haven't watched a cop show since TNT's "Southland." IRL, not a big fan of LE. But watching Chicago PD, it seems to be from the LE POV. The show does not portray them as heroes, but rather as experienced professionals who are human, yet are believably doing their jobs to get the "real" (not imaginary, unarmed mothers' son's) bad guys. IMO, LE's not just a job, it's a vocation requiring a specific mindset. Okay sermon over Looking forward to next season!

      Comment


      • #4
        Good response Soapfan (although I don't know what AFAIC and LE are?). I'm looking fwd to next season too. I didn't like this show at all when it started; then gave it a second chance ... I watch all of the Chicago franchise - Fire remains my favourite. SO glad they got Woods - I admit to being totally surprised (which is as it should be) that the witness was a plant. Still not sure about how they taped etc. - but I'll take it. For a while there, I thought "how is Voight going to get out of this"; and if they hadn't opted to let Olinsky die, how would that have been handled. When all is said and done, Jason B/Voight is the lead. Can't imagine the Unit w/b the same without him.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jupiter Jane View Post
          Good response Soapfan (although I don't know what AFAIC and LE are?). I'm looking fwd to next season too. I didn't like this show at all when it started; then gave it a second chance ... I watch all of the Chicago franchise - Fire remains my favourite. SO glad they got Woods - I admit to being totally surprised (which is as it should be) that the witness was a plant. Still not sure about how they taped etc. - but I'll take it. For a while there, I thought "how is Voight going to get out of this"; and if they hadn't opted to let Olinsky die, how would that have been handled. When all is said and done, Jason B/Voight is the lead. Can't imagine the Unit w/b the same without him.
          AFAIC= As Far As I'm Concerned
          LE= Law Enforcement

          Didn't think I'd like it either, Jupiter. But I didn't start watching until into its 2nd season. I've since caught up through re-runs and am invested. I watch Chicago Med when something big happens and all 3 when there's a crossover.

          I just had a feeling the witness was a plant, that's how Voight rolls I also wondered how Voight was going to extricate himself w/o putting a "hit" on Woods But, imo Olinsky was yin to Voight's yang. His character will be missed. I wish the writers could've brainstormed a little harder and come up w/an alternate solution

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Whitney1691 View Post
            I couldn't believe they killed Olinsky either. Antonio is a good cop and everything but he is a little Judgy he always has seemed to be. I will miss Olinsky on the show I can't wait to see what happens next on the show.

            Antonio is judgemental amdnot trust worthy.
            Olinskey please come back!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Soapfan54 View Post

              AFAIC= As Far As I'm Concerned
              LE= Law Enforcement

              Didn't think I'd like it either, Jupiter. But I didn't start watching until into its 2nd season. I've since caught up through re-runs and am invested. I watch Chicago Med when something big happens and all 3 when there's a crossover.

              I just had a feeling the witness was a plant, that's how Voight rolls I also wondered how Voight was going to extricate himself w/o putting a "hit" on Woods But, imo Olinsky was yin to Voight's yang. His character will be missed. I wish the writers could've brainstormed a little harder and come up w/an alternate solution
              Exactly !i don’t feel theythought all the repercussions of killing Olinskey

              Comment

              Google Matched Content

              Collapse

              Bottom of Page

              Collapse
              Working...
              X