Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SheilaFan32
    replied
    I think tyler Perry also has a primetime soap called if you loving you is wrong. It comes on the own network

Leave a comment:

• CrescentRose88
    replied
    The haves and the have nots.. it has like 6 seasons on Hulu..

Tyler Perry has another soap or two as well but can't remember their names...

Leave a comment:

• gets
    replied
    90s: Models Inc, Savannah, Central Park West, Pacific Palisades!

Leave a comment:

• GuidingLite
    replied
    Warner Archive offers the first three seasons of Falcon Crest to stream....that's all that's been released. Dynasty you can watch seasons 1 - 8 on Amazon Prime as part of your membership, but Season 9 costs 1.99 per episode as they don't have a contract for that season. You can, however, buy the final season on DVD cheaper than paying per episode.

I watched all the big ones - Dallas, Dynasty, Falcon Crest, and Knots Landing. Knots is the most grounded in reality with fewer 'over the top' plot twists and stories....but they were all fun in their own way. Melrose Place (the original) is a good fun 90's soap...but most of the other 90's primetime soaps were too geared toward teens - 90210, Dawson's Creek, The O.C., ....too much teen angst whereas I was nearly in my 30's when those were on...had no interest in the teen drama....happy viewing!

Leave a comment:

• July Baby
    replied
    To me the best one, hands down, was "Dallas", followed by "Knots Landing" and "Falcon Crest". They were all very well written and acted, and yes, very soapy. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• knotsfan
    replied
    The entire runs off Dallas, Dynasty, and Peyton Place are available on DVD, along with a few seasons of Knots Landing and Falcon Crest on DVD as well. A personal favorite of mine is Flamingo Road, of which there were 2 seasons. There are occasional bootlegs available of all these soaps on line.

Leave a comment:

• mamabarri
    replied
    and i know what you mean about not seeing the shows while they were on the air. i was a bartender for many years and have only recently watched stuff like charmed, buffy the vampire slayer and the dark shadows remake. they were on the tv at work, but i couldn't watch when i worked nights.

Leave a comment:

• mamabarri
    replied
    there's a ton of stuff you can find on hulu, amazon and youtube, and some on netflix too.

Leave a comment:

• ClassyIrishLass
    replied
    Where do we find them to watch? I would love to see the shows I never saw but have always wanted to.

Leave a comment:

• Asa1983
    replied
    Of course you can't go wrong with Dallas, Knots Landing, or Dynasty. But for my money go for Falcon Crest, except for maybe the last season. Also, if you have less time don't overlook miniseries such as The Thorn Birds, The North & South, etc... they are very soapy.

Leave a comment:

• LizWebberFan
    started a topic Primetime Soap Recommendations?

Primetime Soap Recommendations?

Hello,

I'm looking for recommendations as to which primetime 80s or 90s soap to watch. I've never really watched stuff from those decades, so I'm not as familiar with those shows. I'm honestly looking for something really soapy; the soapier the better. Murder plots, revenge, evil twins, explosions, etc.

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
Working...
X