Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Disturbing Character Deaths

Many a character has been his/her demise on the primetime soaps, but some were just downright disturbing. Here are some deaths I found greatly disturbing:

1. Claudia on Dynasty-this poor thing loses her mind and accidentally torches La Mirage and in the process she burns to death in the fire!

2. Maggie on Falcon Crest-I know Susan Sullivan quit the show, but having poor Maggie drown in that pool was harrowing.

3. Maddie Ferguson on Twin Peaks-Not only was her death scene prolonged, Sheryl Lee has the distinction of being killed off twice on the same show as two different characters.

4. April Stevens on Dallas-I know she wasn't everyone's favorite, but I really loved that character and hated seeing her gunned down the way she was.

5. Annabelle in the Pilot episode of Flamingo Road-Like Claudia, she was killed in a fire and screamed her head off as the flames surrounded her. Brutal way to go.

I know there are more that I'm forgetting, but those are the five that come to mind. Any deaths that you just found disturbing and unnecessarily gruesome?

The way Richard's daughter on Falcon crest was awful . He couldn't leave things be. I don't remember all the details but Richard didn't approve of her and Lance and he had someone after them. Lorraine was trying to get away from him and fell several stories she later died in the hospital.Someone might remember the details better than I do.

Sue Ellen running over Micky Trotter was a bad one. So sad.

I agree with your choices as well.

Comment

The deaths towards the end of Loving were rather comical to say the very least. Jeremy's "plaster disaster" was one of the funniest scenes I ever witnessed. I was in hysterics!

Comment

Jeremy's murder was creative to say the least!lol but I hated that they killed him off.

Comment

Originally posted by Emerald Greens View Post
          The way Richard's daughter on Falcon crest was awful . He couldn't leave things be. I don't remember all the details but Richard didn't approve of her and Lance and he had someone after them. Lorraine was trying to get away from him and fell several stories she later died in the hospital.Someone might remember the details better than I do.

Sue Ellen running over Micky Trotter was a bad one. So sad.

I agree with your choices as well.
          Sue Ellen didn't run him over. She was driving JR's car and Mickey got in to try to stop her because she was drunk. As soon as the car left Southfork grounds, another car slammed into it. The driver turned out to be Walt Driscoll, who was out for revenge on JR for a deal gone bad. Driscoll assumed JR was behind the wheel and had been waiting for him.

I agree that death was brutal and one of the most heartbreaking I've seen. And I felt so badly for Mickey's mother (Ray's aunt Lil), talking Ray into pulling the plug. Those "Dallas" writers really knew how to write!
          Last edited by July Baby; April 27, 2017, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Maddie's death on Twin Peaks would have to be the most brutal- it was certainly the most violent, realistic and disturbing death scene I've ever seen on television. I also thought Maggie's death scene on Falcon Crest was terrifying. The way she struggled when her ring got caught in the pool drain was so intense. I would add Linda Fairgate's death on Knots Landing as one of the most violent deaths. Ben Johnston slit her throat, and the noises she made were horrific and unexpected.

Comment

Yes, I had forgotten about Linda Fairgate. That was brutal!

Comment

Chase's death on Falcon Crest, drowning....Melissa's death, by fire....

Atticus Ward on Dallas (he was Dusty's biological father) body found drowned in a fish tank....Jamie Ewing Barnes, blown up in a car during the dream season finale...Bobby Ewing, run down by his lunatic sister in law....

Dynasty - Claudia had actually become really annoying by the time she died, so....I found that one comical....

Knots Landing, yeah, Linda's death was brutal....Jill Bennett tying herself up to frame Gary Ewing and then dying in the trunk of the car....that was pretty gruesome....

Comment

I forgot they killed off Melissa. I didn't like Chase drowning . Both were too important as characters ( I thought) to kill off. I do remember Robert Foxworth found the repetitive scenes tedious. But Richard with no Chase around? I didn't care for Maggie and Richard together either.

Comment

Originally posted by July Baby View Post
                    Sue Ellen didn't run him over. She was driving JR's car and Mickey got in to try to stop her because she was drunk. As soon as the car left Southfork grounds, another car slammed into it. The driver turned out to be Walt Driscoll, who was out for revenge on JR for a deal gone bad. Driscoll assumed JR was behind the wheel and had been waiting for him.

I agree that death was brutal and one of the most heartbreaking I've seen. And I felt so badly for Mickey's mother (Ray's aunt Lil), talking Ray into pulling the plug. Those "Dallas" writers really knew how to write!
                    That was sad. I felt so bad for Mickey's mother and Ray. I was glad he got probation instead of jail time.I remember my mom cheering when the judge did that! She was so happy he didn't have to go to prison.

Comment

I was just thinking about Tina Louise's on screen death as Julie on Dallas. She was picked up and thrown from a roof or some other structure to her death.

Comment

Does the Dallas reboot count? If so I have to say Clint killing his grandchildren shocked me.

Comment

I would think the Dallas rebot would count . Probably the Dynasty one too.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                            Does the Dallas reboot count? If so I have to say Clint killing his grandchildren shocked me.
                            that was so out of character cliff killing his own grandkids,and almost his daughter , cliff was a idiot but he took care of his family ,

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X