Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soapgirl12 View Post
    The absolute best that was ever done was Paige on Knots Landing. Great storyline, and good back history between Greg and Mack.
    Yep, I agree 100%! Knots struck gold with casting Nicolette Sheridan as Paige, who grew as an actress by leaps and bounds during her 7 years on the show. Her arrival kept younger viewers tuned in to the show and like you said, it was a great storyline. And Knots scored again when they cast Michelle Phillips as her mother Anne.

Comment

Originally posted by soapgirl12 View Post
      The absolute best that was ever done was Paige on Knots Landing. Great storyline, and good back history between Greg and Mack.
      Forgot about Paige and I agree it was the best and most realistic of the "Long-lost" family member storyline. And she even ended up with Greg for a time ... LOL. Loved Nicolette Sheridan and Paige.

Comment

Originally posted by bill75 View Post
        I have seen a couple people mention Leslie Carrington on Dynasty. There was no point to the character other than to cause angst for Alexis (eventually.) I love Terri Garber who would later go on to one of "my" other dearly departed soaps Santa Barbara. She played the dynamic with Ben quite well but after Ben left the character was just all over the place.
        I remember Teri Garber in her first role, as Allison Linden on Texas. She was dynamite in that role! She was a disturbed lady on that show, somewhat mentally unhinged but not in the exaggerated way so many characters were (and are to this day). I liked Allison a lot, even when she did mean things, because I could at least sympathize with why she did them. Her character had a rivalry with Ruby and Brette, and they used to pull cruel tricks on each other with hilarious results. I've followed her career throughout the years, on Dynasty and Santa Barbara. She's a great actress.

Comment

Originally posted by savytabby View Post
          Forgot about Paige and I agree it was the best and most realistic of the "Long-lost" family member storyline. And she even ended up with Greg for a time ... LOL. Loved Nicolette Sheridan and Paige.
          I agree. Paige's intro story is indeed one of my favorites and the most realistic when it comes to "long-lost" children in prime-time. Casting Michelle Phillips as her mother Anne and "cheekie" giving Mac and Anne the Mama's and the Papa's tune as their song.
          I also think that the Ewing cousins (Jamie and Jack) were done realistically at the time. Although I believe their introduction came during the dream season which makes it kinda weird in retrospect.

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
          Working...
          X