Ad Below Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty - The Roger Grimes explanation

In season 2, when Alexis arrives back in Denver to testify at Blake's trial - she has dinner with Steven, and fills him in on her sixteen year 'exile'....

She informs him that the district attorney trying Blake's case, Jake Dunham, informed her that Roger Grimes had died a few months before, and that was the only reason she felt it was okay to come back to town.....

Now to watch Season 9 and find out how they explained (if they did) that Roger didn't just die a few months before the trial, and where the D.A. got his information from, because Roger apparently died sixteen years before Alexis returned to town, and Fallon was the one who killed him......and Alexis knew about it all along....she was there at the time.....

Alexis lies a lot.
    mts

Comment

She certainly does! ;0)

However....it was an egregious revision of history on the writers' parts to have had Roger Grimes dead and at the bottom of the lake on the Carrington estate for all those years when even the D.A. from season 2 believed him alive until a few months before Blake's trial for killing Ted Dinard.

I suppose back then in the early 1980's they didn't foresee re-broadcasting the entire show or the release of DVD's of entire seasons so that people could look back and see if the stories matched up with past history.

It was interesting how often then used the Grimes family over time.....Roger being the initial reason why Alexis left town, then his father Alfred kidnapping Fallon and Jeff's child in season 2.....and then Roger's body coming up from the bottom of the lake and Roger's son Dennis terrorizing Fallon in season 9.......I enjoy stories of 'the past coming back to haunt you' on serialized dramas.....like the season 8 return of Joseph's son Sean to get revenge on the Carringtons and Alexis.....and the reappearance of Matthew Blaisdale (even if it was too brief)......

I would have enjoyed, had the show continued on beyond season 9, seeing Claudia turn up alive and well and wealthy enough to rival the Carringtons finally for all the 'wrongs' she felt were done to her by them......in the final episode of the show the corrupt police officer who slot Blake talks to a 'mystery woman' in a limousine who has something against Blake....I'd have loved to have had this be Claudia......with the explanation that a maid helped her out of the burning room at La Mirage in season 6 and then died (which they believed to be Claudia), and Claudia took the opportunity to leave town and 'start over' and married a wealthy man who then in turn died, and she decided to take his wealth and get revenge on Blake and the Carringtons.....

Comment

Originally posted by GuidingLite View Post
        She certainly does! ;0)

However....it was an egregious revision of history on the writers' parts to have had Roger Grimes dead and at the bottom of the lake on the Carrington estate for all those years when even the D.A. from season 2 believed him alive until a few months before Blake's trial for killing Ted Dinard.

I suppose back then in the early 1980's they didn't foresee re-broadcasting the entire show or the release of DVD's of entire seasons so that people could look back and see if the stories matched up with past history.

It was interesting how often then used the Grimes family over time.....Roger being the initial reason why Alexis left town, then his father Alfred kidnapping Fallon and Jeff's child in season 2.....and then Roger's body coming up from the bottom of the lake and Roger's son Dennis terrorizing Fallon in season 9.......I enjoy stories of 'the past coming back to haunt you' on serialized dramas.....like the season 8 return of Joseph's son Sean to get revenge on the Carringtons and Alexis.....and the reappearance of Matthew Blaisdale (even if it was too brief)......

I would have enjoyed, had the show continued on beyond season 9, seeing Claudia turn up alive and well and wealthy enough to rival the Carringtons finally for all the 'wrongs' she felt were done to her by them......in the final episode of the show the corrupt police officer who slot Blake talks to a 'mystery woman' in a limousine who has something against Blake....I'd have loved to have had this be Claudia......with the explanation that a maid helped her out of the burning room at La Mirage in season 6 and then died (which they believed to be Claudia), and Claudia took the opportunity to leave town and 'start over' and married a wealthy man who then in turn died, and she decided to take his wealth and get revenge on Blake and the Carringtons.....
        Wow! That would've been a helluva story!!

Comment

Google Matched Content

Collapse

Bottom of Page

Collapse
        Working...
        X